Post All Moment 2.1 Rumors, News, and Updates HERE

Adam Sawyer

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I wonder how much better this will really make our phones. I hope 2.1 doesn't slow it down any :/ but I've got my fingers crossed!

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
God is always capitalized. Just my .02 cents.

It's "always" capitalized only when it's the first word in a sentence or used as a proper noun.

2/22 seems to be the new drop date, but as always with Android, who knows? I just know half the Droid owners on the forum will be up late the 21st, intently watching their phones, feverishly waiting for an update.:D

prncssmelissa

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
according to sprint (who i just talked to) they know nothing...which is the usual until it drops. I've had issues with my moment, but seem to have them worked out. I did ask about an update forthcoming, and tech support said they knew nothing of it...time will tell i guess..

Sammael

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
No reason to not look forward to it, but I'll be honest, I'm not holding my breath. Still, have to admit, it'd be awfully nice of them to give me a new version of the OS to play around with just before the new addition of the family.

hossberry

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
keep dreaming
they wont release 2.1 until there ready and have there blessings from big red
if it's like the storm we'll have to wait till droid 2

Adam Sawyer

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Ah sticky. Nice. I've been browsing the web this afternoon and checking forums. Apparently the sprint forum also has a thread discussing the 2.1 update on the Moment and a sprint employee has chimed in and said that the rumors pertaining to the update on Februrary 22nd are ENTIRELY INACCURATE.

Here is what Ken (a sprint employee) has said on the matter:

"The information contained in that link is completely inaccurate. Certainly you are aware of this, no?"
"It's just my opinion but at first glance that's not a very good article. It is well known that we are going to rollout 2.1 for the Moment, so that's not a new revelation. To me the intent of the article is to predict the impending release and I felt I should set the expectation. Many folks have expressed they are confused and they get conflicting information or no information/silence and they have been given promises that go unfulfilled. Just look at the comments following that article from folks who are certainly going to be disappointed even if it has been tagged as unofficial.

Yes, the target date is still 1H2010 and while I don't intend to address all future posts containing future date predictions, I feel it is necessary to disclaim the end of February rumored date. Customers who read that article should not hope that the 2.1 software will be available so please don't call the stores, please don't call Customer Care, please don't call Samsung taking a chance on the software.

Instead, monitor the situation here. This is your best source for data, I promised I would return from time to time with some updates and anyone who believes that know that if the software was that close to launching, I would have posted about it (basically means I am "coming back with an update as we get closer"). So I'm sorry I had to be so strong with my characterization of that article but with the high expectations for this update and I wanted to make sure this didn't go anywhere. No software for neither Moment nor Hero on 2/22, sorry. Please be patient and check back here.

Maybe the anonymous source is thinking the customer download software tool availability, which I'm hoping to have that out next week. It will allow your to upgrade your Momemt to CL14 at home instead of going to the store. Late next week.

Also I have no plans to release version 2.1 for the Moment without this tool. OTA or not? Hasn't be finalised but not likely.

Good point, I need to take time out to meet with the other folks on this forum since I'm new here. I don't think we have said anything vastly different or conflicting but yes, it's a good idea. We probably won't have the same opinion about external sources and external comments across the Internet; sometimes I find it interesting that some posters in other forums post like "Samsung received the software on Friday and they gave it to...." or "Sprint doesn't want....." they are really only guessing but I don't comment on those points. Hope this helps.

Sorry for being so long I really need to shorten my posts. "

They are still sticking to their guns about keeping quiet and releasing it 1H2010, but this rumor has definitely been disproved. Sorry folks!"

Sorry folks! Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope it comes soon!

strhessed

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
Ummm...just because "Ken" is a Sprint employee doesn't mean he is all knowing. I have learned over the past 2 years that Sprint employees VERY RARELY know what they're talking about. They are not trained well at all. I guess we'll see, eh ?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I would love to get the 2.1 update soon but I know when Sprint (or any other carrier for that matter) says "TDB" or "coming soon" I know there will be a wait. I'm gonna promise myself not to get excited until I see an official date.

ancient_dragon

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone see the disturbing rumor from phandroid about the Samsung Moment possibly not getting the full 2.1 update? While I still hope they will update to the full 2.1, as the Moment is more than capable of handling it, this new rumor still has me worried, since I was just about to buy a Moment, and now am wondering if I should take a wait and see approach. Here is the link to the story Samsung Galaxy Brought Down To Earth, Stuck With Android 1.5? | Android Phone Fans Now it does say the story is far from official, but its still disturbing. Let's hope that there is no truth to this rumor. Although being that Sprint has said a few times now that they plan to give Moment the update, so I still am thinking it will get the update sometime. But they did say in the twitter post that they needed to figure out upgrade options with the manufacturers. So maybe Samsung doesn't want to worry about the update as much. I really have no idea, but I guess we won't know for sure for a little while

Last edited:

Adam Sawyer

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
well, looks like sprint announced on twitter officially, it's coming 1Q2010... Who knows, maybe they'll release it in May! I want it now dammit!;)

ancient_dragon

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
well, looks like sprint announced on twitter officially, it's coming 1Q2010... Who knows, maybe they'll release it in May! I want it now dammit!;)
They'd have 2 more sales of the unit for sure, as me and my dad are both planning to get it, when 2.1 rolls onto it.(we both gotta wait till March 27th for Verizon contract to run out).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlgulliver