Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Re: How Are You Handling the Recall

No one has confirmed that Removable Batteries would have solved this. It could easily be a faulty piece of hardware that connects to the battery and not the battery itself. At which point, the recall would still be necessary.

Umm, it has pretty much been confirmed that the problem is internal to the battery, not the circuitry outside the battery, thus a simple battery replacement is all that would be necessary.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Umm, it has pretty much been confirmed that the problem is internal to the battery, not the circuitry outside the battery, thus a simple battery replacement is all that would be necessary.

I've heard plenty of conflicting reports about that. Some say it's the battery itself, some say it could be caused by the hardware that facilitates the power to or from the battery. So i'll go ahead and join the team that says the removable battery people will need to find something else to win that argument.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

Filed Better Business Bureau complaint against AT&T lack of customer care and service when attempting to exchange Note 7 for temporary phone since September 1. Still walking around with Note 7 that was bought on launch day.

Really? I did mine on Saturday, couldn't be easier. 30 min, and most of that was me bs'ing with the sales guy.

Something that is getting no play... FREE GEAR VR! the new one version... at least on AT&T. I purchased my "loaner" s7 edge on saturday, and submitted online for my gear vr, and I already have been approved, waiting for shipping.

I figure in 1 month I will have my Note back. Plus the gear vr, 25 bill credit, several free things from Samsung pay for a new device... no harm.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Really? I did mine on Saturday, couldn't be easier. 30 min, and most of that was me bs'ing with the sales guy.

Something that is getting no play... FREE GEAR VR! the new one version... at least on AT&T. I purchased my "loaner" s7 edge on saturday, and submitted online for my gear vr, and I already have been approved, waiting for shipping.

I figure in 1 month I will have my Note back. Plus the gear vr, 25 bill credit, several free things from Samsung pay for a new device... no harm.

?!?!?
How were u able to get the free Gear VR????????

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

Samsung has said it's the battery and the employees for Samsung's SDI battery division are the ones that asked for the recall.

Yonhap News Agency
I've heard plenty of conflicting reports about that. Some say it's the battery itself, some say it could be caused by the hardware that facilitates the power to or from the battery. So i'll go ahead and join the team that says the removable battery people will need to find something else to win that argument.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I think if we hear the official response THIS WEEK from CPSC then this should all get resolved rather quickly.

However, if this week goes by and no official word from CPSC i think this will drag on for a long time

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm afraid you may be right. I'm sitting on things for the moment to see what the end of the week brings (all information) and then make some sort of decision next week.
I think if we hear the official response THIS WEEK from CPSC then this should all get resolved rather quickly.

However, if this week goes by and no official word from CPSC i think this will drag on for a long time

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I have a feeling that sooner or later Samsung will say some of the Note 7's are OK and do not need to be exchanged.
This is purely speculation on my part.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Note 7 strikes again: Jeep in flames

Surprised that now they say they have found a way to tell if your device got the bad batch of battery cells. In the beginning they said they used two 3rd party battery cell providers and one of them provided faulty cells resulting in the batteries catching fire and exploding but they had no way to tell... hence a complete recall. Will be interesting to see what additional information is provided when the website goes live.

based on that article posted there will be a website, app to check and see if your phone is safe! So if mine is safe then no need to turn it in!

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

It was confirmed by whom that it was only a battery problem? Samsung? Where did you read this? I hope you are correct, because it would mean quicker replacement N7s.

By not hearing Samsung report any issue except the battery, we might assume there are no other problems, but the CPSC isn't assuming anything. That's why the CPSC said the replacement N7 needs to be acceptable, icluding safe battery and phone protective circuitry.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm taking this news story as pretty much confirmed. Sorry for double posting it, but I feel that many people missed this as it came and went quickly here.

Yonhap News Agency

It was confirmed by whom that it was only a battery problem? Samsung? Where did you read this? I hope you are correct, because it would mean quicker replacement N7s.

By not hearing Samsung report any issue except the battery, we might assume there are no other problems, but the CPSC isn't assuming anything. That's why the CPSC said the replacement N7 needs to be acceptable, icluding safe battery and phone protective circuitry.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Note 7 Ban At Work

Replaceable batteries would not have stopped these incidents. I wish people would stop posting nonsense to support their own agenda. It doesn't help.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
?!?!?
How were u able to get the free Gear VR????????

The way AT&T is handling the "loaner" phone is to refund the note and sell you the other device. Therefore you are a full owner of the other device..in my case a s7 edge. Eventually I will be allowed to refund the s7 edge if I want to, and get a note 7, regardless of the 14 day window (that is the only special thing with the recall). So from Samsung point of view, I am a new owner of a s7 edge, and the current offer for buying an s7 edge.........a gear vr with $50 of software included...or the 256gig memory card. I already submitted for it through samsungpromotions.com and it has already been approved. Should ship in the next few days.

There are good things out there (lemon to lemonade and all that) for those who try, rather than whine and complain about bumbling companies, and removable batteries. Long term this will work out as a positive for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogerinsg99