preparing sd card, Media scanner Running, media scanner complete

A

AC Question

I have a old phone Samsung Galaxy y young GT-S5363, it keeps repeating the following, preparing sd card, media scanner running , media scanner complete. I then cannot really use my phone as it goes back to the black screen, and then Samsung screen as if I have turned it on. How do I get rid of this

Thanks

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Does the phone have an SD card in it? If so I would remove it. If that doesn't help you may have to reset the phone.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

1963 Laura

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
Hello I have now joined up .

I did take the SD card out, and it only took away preparing Sd card away.

This is an old phone, which my friend has given me as mine is broken. It was under o2, I had it unlocked today as I am under T Mobile - don't think the phone has been used in ages. I did put the old sim card in and put the phone back to factory settings and then replaced T mobile sim. But still have media scanner running, media scanner complete in a loop, so I cannot really use my phone, as it switches off and on and does it over and over

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome as a new member! It sounds like its stuck in a new phone setup loop, I was hoping removing the SD card would break that. You've been very diligent and done everything I would have. If the factory reset didn't fix, then it looks like failed firmware or hardware. If its that old, probably not worth a repair shop. Sorry.

1963 Laura

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
Hi, its not a new phone it is old. But it only seems to happen when I put the T Mobile sim card in.( that sim is old not new, from my old phone)

I had the phone unlocked today it was on O2. Seems ok when I have put that card in, or when there is no sims card. When I put t mobile sim in, it happens. Nothing stored on that sim apart from contacts, text messages. Nothing else???

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky