Putting music on nexus 4 (Mandatory credit card)

bananaleigh

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Go to 'my computer' and selected 'nexus 4'. This should bring up all of the folders inside your phone. If you go to the music one you can drag and drop your music onto it. If 'nexus 4' doesn't show up go into settings on your phone, under storage. Select the top right three dots and select MTP. that should sort it all out :)

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
correct i plug it in and nothing happens. so do i have to root the phone to put music directly on it? does rooting void then warranty?

PS it is a Mac

No use android file transfer. and then move the music to the music folder, I do't know why you guys are giving OP wrong info?

- - - Updated - - -

Go to 'my computer' and selected 'nexus 4'. This should bring up all of the folders inside your phone. If you go to the music one you can drag and drop your music onto it. If 'nexus 4' doesn't show up go into settings on your phone, under storage. Select the top right three dots and select MTP. that should sort it all out :)
He has a Mac not a windoze......

ATrenholm

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
If you have a Nexus 4 and and a mac computer and want to transfer files (like a mass storage device) than a Mac users need to go to Android.com/filetransfer/ and install the filetransfer app onto their computer. Also on your nexus phone go to settings by swiping the top black bar (with the battery and wifi icons) downwards and select the little whit icon with the person surrounded by square dots, then choose "Storage", inside storage, select the three dots at the top right and make sure you have "MTP" ticked.

Once I transfered music to the music folder I fiddled around with my google play player and it showed up.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyv