[ROM]ACS ICS v5 (noCiQ)[EI22]

jleakey

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. Dumb questions: How do I know what file system I'm on?? Also, once I get that taken care of, where do I go to 'wipe Dalvick, Cache, and data'? And, one more question: Is the data I'll be wiping something that I'll be needing to restore from a backup somewhere?

Well if you haven't installed any custom ROM's than you will probably be on RFS. You can also just run the RFS2EXT file and it will let you know

With the ACS recovery when you choose the install zip from SD Card it will have an option to wipe for ROM install that will take care of most of wiping. I usually will perform a factory reset from the ACS recovery although I have been told that it is not necessary.

First thing I would do is create a backup or Nandroid backup from the ACS or clockwork mod this way if something goes wrong you can just restore it from ACS Recovery. Second for backing up all aps and system data I use Titanium Backup. If you create a backup of all your applications prior to installing a ROM all you have to do is log on with your Google account go to the market and reinstall Titanium than to get all applications and data back just perform the restore from inside Titanium.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kgilbertsen

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Re: [ROM]ACS ICS v2 (noCiQ)[EI22]

Wow. v4 is great. Everything seems to be fixed. Runs smooth and install saved and restored all my programs and data. Can't say enough about this. Great work. Highly recommended.

jleakey

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Is it just run from CWM?

Yes just boot into clockwork mod and select install zip from SD Card. From there select the RFS2EXT zip and it will apply it as long as you placed the file on your SD card.

It is the same for ROMS also to be on the safe side clear cache and Dalvick Cache. Dalvick Cache is located in the advanced section of Clockwork or ACS recovery.

Jim
Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using Tapatalk

kgilbertsen

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

Installed RFS2EXT4.zip fine, BUT when re-booting, the phone hangs at the SAMSUNG logo. I pulled the battery, but still hangs at the logo. Any thoughts on what to do?

kgilbertsen

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

Installed RFS2EXT4.zip fine, BUT when re-booting, the phone hangs at the SAMSUNG logo. I pulled the battery, but still hangs at the logo. Any thoughts on what to do?

Was able to get the phone into Download mode. Don't know what to do at this point. Is there a way to get OUT of Download mode?

EDIT: Just pulled the battery to get out of download mode. Now back to being stuck on the Samsung Logo. I really shouldn't be messing around with this stuff, but here I am...

Last edited:

jleakey

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Was able to get the phone into Download mode. Don't know what to do at this point. Is there a way to get OUT of Download mode?

EDIT: Just pulled the battery to get out of download mode. Now back to being stuck on the Samsung Logo. I really shouldn't be messing around with this stuff, but here I am...

Well if you converted you are going to have to install a ROM that supports EXT. I am so sorry that I forgot to mention that or you can just convert it back to RFS with the other file. If you want to convert back just load the EXT2RFS by going into USB mode while in Clockwork or ACS recovery and install your computer will see it as a removable drive. At this point you could also jst install the ROM in this post.

Jim
Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using Tapatalk

kgilbertsen

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

OK, was able to get into CWM. Doing a restore from the backup I made just before installing the RFS2EXT4.zip file.

I tells me the Restore is complete. Then I 'Rebooted' system. And I'm right back to the Samsung logo hangup! help

jleakey

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
OK, was able to get into CWM. Doing a restore from the backup I made just before installing the RFS2EXT4.zip file.

I tells me the Restore is complete. Then I 'Rebooted' system. And I'm right back to the Samsung logo hangup! help

Yeah your going to have to install the EXT2RFS as that is the file system the backup uses. Once you do that you will be able to restore your backup. You should than only convert to EXT4 when your ready to install the gingerbread ROM or another ROM that uses the EXT file system

Jim
Sent from my Epic 4G using Tapatalk

kgilbertsen

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

Well if you converted you are going to have to install a ROM that supports EXT. I am so sorry that I forgot to mention that or you can just convert it back to RFS with the other file. If you want to convert back just load the EXT2RFS by going into USB mode while in Clockwork or ACS recovery and install your computer will see it as a removable drive. At this point you could also jst install the ROM in this post.

Jim

No problems Jim. I'm sure most people here have a bit more experience than me. So, since I already restored the system to what it was BEFORE I installed the RFS2EXT4 zip file, should I flash the EXT2RFS zip?

Or can I just flash the acs_ics_v4.0.zip file?

jleakey

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
No problems Jim. I'm sure most people here have a bit more experience than me. So, since I already restored the system to what it was BEFORE I installed the RFS2EXT4 zip file, should I flash the EXT2RFS zip?

Or can I just flash the acs_ics_v4.0.zip file?

If you are still on EXT than you can just flash acs_ics_v4.0.zip. If not flash Back the RFS2EXT Before installing. Just be sure to do the pre ROM wipe of Dalvik and Cache and you should be set. Just know that it will stay on the Samsung boot screen for a little while after first boot. If you install acs_ics_v4.0.zip. Let me know how it works out or feel free to send me a PM.

Jim

kgilbertsen

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

SUCCESS!

I went back into CWM and restored the backup that was made when I flashed the RFS2EXT4 file. The installed the acs_ics...zip file from the sd card. And it worked!

I did not wipe the dalvick and cache, as I was doing all this before I read your thread. But I had wiped them earlier, just before installing the RFS2EXT4 file. So, we'll see. I really am amazed that the phone is working at all after everything I did to it.

Thanks for your help, Jim!

kgilbertsen

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

I used to use a widget that showed what apps were running, and could shut them down if I chose. I don't remember what it was called, but it was stock. That seems to have gone away. Is there anything else that can do the same thing for me? BTW, I am liking this acs_ics look. If it fixes the gps issue as well, it could be just about all I need.

gondo

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

Yes you are RFS. Flash this rom and it will auto convert to ext4 and then install the rom for you.

The above was on page 2 of this thread...correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't have to mess with a separate conversion to ext4 before installing the ROM...right?

rockets95

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site

I just updated to this ROM and it's excellent!

My only problem is the headset button on my headphones no longer works. I previously followed the instructions here to fix that problem:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-epic-4g/32646-headset-inline-control-problem-3.html

Has anyone been able to get this working on Gingerbread yet?

Nevermind, I figured it out just needed to set /system/usr/keylayout/sec_jack.kl to:
key 163 MEDIA_NEXT WAKE
key 165 MEDIA_PREVIOUS WAKE
key 248 HEADSETHOOK WAKE

jleakey

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
The above was on page 2 of this thread...correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't have to mess with a separate conversion to ext4 before installing the ROM...right?

Oops guess i didnt realize that Thanks

Jim

Last edited:

rockets95

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site

One of the things I noticed with this ROM was the black background for notifications causes issues with some apps notifications since they only support black text for their notifications. Some of the apps I've seen this on are Acast and TuneIn Radio. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting around or past this issue? I'm guessing this isn't easily changable.