[ROM]ACS ICS v5 (noCiQ)[EI22]

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If I wipe all data, etc. before installing this ROM, how do I get everything back correctly? What is the procedure? (I don't want to 'semi-brick' the phone again!)
I was just over at the dev's thread and they are supposed to be posting updated instructions on properly flashing. Otherwise check the last few pages of the thread, they were discussing it step by step.

Reactions: kgilbertsen

kgilbertsen

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Paul. Marcus mentions using Titanium to restore data, that it's 'cleaner' than a nandroid restore. I can't post there yet (not enough posts), so thought I'd ask here: Would I do a clean install, as he instructs, and then just re-download Titanium from the Market and restore my backup that way?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
+1 on the Titanium / MyBackup .... Normally this is what you use for restoring apps, data etc... Nandroid Backups are good for if you are unsure of something your going to flash and don't know the outcome you can make a backup before flashing and then if something goes wrong or you don't like what it does you can restore your device back to exactly the way it was when you made the backup.

Also a Nandroid Backup is great for swapping between ROMs.. Say you like 2 or 3 ROMs and have them setup the way you like them. You have you "work day" daily driver ROM and then you have your "weekend" ROM for playing around...

This is great for those situations so you can swap between the ROMs and come out of the gate sort a speak ready to run with your setup the way you like it and it only takes a few minutes to swap out. Reason being is when the Nandroid Backup is performed it made an exact "image" of your device... Kernel/Data/ROM/Theme/Mods/Settings/Apps, etc...

Reactions: kgilbertsen

kgilbertsen

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Also a Nandroid Backup is great for swapping between ROMs.. Say you like 2 or 3 ROMs and have them setup the way you like them. You have you "work day" daily driver ROM and then you have your "weekend" ROM for playing around...

Thanks. Wow, I can't imagine having a 'weekend' ROM - but a week ago I couldn't imagine that I'd ever root my phone...

Dronak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I can't imagine having a 'weekend' ROM

Same here. I don't really see myself swapping ROMs on a regular basis. I don't even have a new one installed yet. However, I do see how this could be useful. Say you try one ROM, get all your apps and stuff set up on it, try it for a while, then decide you want to try some other ROM. If you make this nandroid backup before changing ROMs, you'd be able to easily go back to the first ROM if you find out the second ROM isn't really what you want. That I could imagine doing, since I have no idea what ROM(s) I might like the best. It's good to know that the nandroid backup provides this ability.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok. I finally did it. I am rooted and actually loaded ACS ICS v5. Very easy. No mistakes no issues except 1... How do I get my google calendar back. It was one of the programs that were removed. I can't seem to find it in the market.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Ok. I finally did it. I am rooted and actually loaded ACS ICS v5. Very easy. No mistakes no issues except 1... How do I get my google calender back. It was one of the programs that were removed. I can't seem to find it in the market.

Hang tight I will whip something up....

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I just ran a benchmark and am getting about the same speeds I did with stock gb. Are there setting I need to play with?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Ok. I finally did it. I am rooted and actually loaded ACS ICS v5. Very easy. No mistakes no issues except 1... How do I get my google calender back. It was one of the programs that were removed. I can't seem to find it in the market.

Edit:

EI22 Stock TWCalender
(Flash in CWM, no wipe required)

Download, place on sdcard.

Boot into CWM recovery

Select Install zip from sdcard, find this file in your sdcard and flash it :)

Reactions: Skunkape60

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Edit:

EI22 Stock TWCalender
(Flash in CWM, no wipe required)

Download, place on sdcard.

Boot into CWM recovery

Select Install zip from sdcard, find this file in your sdcard and flash it :)

You are the man !! I ain't scared to flash...

I figured out I needed to use the app voltage control to boost the performance. Now if someone who has played with this I am looking for both a performance and battery increase. Setting ideas?

Edit: found the thread for adjusting voltages....

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
LOL.. That isn't right... That was supposed to be the calendar... I will check it out and get back to you...

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I just want to say that I've been running this for a few days and I LOVE it. I was on SF 1.2 before this and I thought my phone had hit the end of its life span. Crashes were several times a day, the lag was unbearable, memory problems galore, etc. It was an entirely unreliable device. Come gingerbread and this ACS IS rom and I feel like I have a whole new phone again!

The visual flairs in the theme are fantastic and it makes me happy every time I do anything from shut off the screen to pull down the notification light. Everything is buttery smooth. Apps are beautiful and somehow more functional than ever. I've had just the tiniest hiccup or two, but in general this saved my phone, and I think I can definitely say I can hold out until the 2 year contract period is up.

Thank you SO much to everyone who worked on this!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
LOL.. That isn't right... That was supposed to be the calendar... I will check it out and get back to you...

I can't figure out why a rom would have no calendar... I downloaded several from the market by none worked as good as the stock one.... if there is a better one that will sync both directions with google I am willing to try that instead.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I can't believe I have been such a little beoch about rooting and loading roms. I'll never go back to stock again. Lol this is just plain cool..... I'm hooked. Paul, you created a monster!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Told you Keith.. Once you do it you will never go back... Think of all the fun you missed on Froyo....oh well glad to have you on board.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

cerobles1

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
V4 works real nice for me. The only problem I have is that it uses the rear facing camera for video gtalk. Any way to switch it to the front cam?

I was using Tango about two days ago, and it lets you switch between the cameras. At least it's worth looking into it. Check it out.