[ROM] Android Open Kang Project- Jelly Bean Style

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Anybody have a guide worth sharing on how to change ROMs and so forth on a Mac? Just bought the MacBook Pro on Friday and have still not figured out what methods to use for rooting and so forth on this thing. Any help is appreciated guys!!

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I feel soooo low...

I figured out my problem tonight...
it seems in the AOKP ROM there is a signal toggle, well I had that on the pull down and it was "grey-d" out, so I was getting little to no VZ service on my signal bar and it stayed Grey unless connected to Wi-Fi, so I hit it and it turned on, my VZ signal bars lite up. So I tried BT, it found the device but would not pair. Got home and tried wife's BT and it paired no issue. Seems having that signal toggle off was part of the issue but not knowing why the BT device died is strange. It wont find my wife's phone either.
Sorry for doubting AOKP.
So what is that toggle for?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I feel soooo low...

I figured out my problem tonight...
it seems in the AOKP ROM there is a signal toggle, well I had that on the pull down and it was "grey-d" out, so I was getting little to no VZ service on my signal bar and it stayed Grey unless connected to Wi-Fi, so I hit it and it turned on, my VZ signal bars lite up. So I tried BT, it found the device but would not pair. Got home and tried wife's BT and it paired no issue. Seems having that signal toggle off was part of the issue but not knowing why the BT device died is strange. It wont find my wife's phone either.
Sorry for doubting AOKP.
So what is that toggle for?

Toggles are so pre-4.2 :p

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
So is there any guide to AOKP ROM, or just play with it and figure it out type of thing?
I'm old and like things to remain the same so I kept certain toggle for quick adjustments. is there a better way?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
So is there any guide to AOKP ROM, or just play with it and figure it out type of thing?
I'm old and like things to remain the same so I kept certain toggle for quick adjustments. is there a better way?

Use the 4.2 drop downs. I toggle my bluetooth on and off all the time. If it doesn't "go blue" in the status tray I just reboot and it's fine.

Empty Hand

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone direct me to turning off audio notifications when headphones/Bluetooth is connected? I thought it was a rom setting, but I am just going crazy trying to find it. AOKP MR1 B.4.

Go to rom control and then sound. It's in those sound settings.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Foyt20

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Can anyone direct me to turning off audio notifications when headphones/Bluetooth is connected? I thought it was a rom setting, but I am just going crazy trying to find it. AOKP MR1 B.4.

Empty Hand

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Does MR1 6 have everything that yesterdays unofficial has?

Also no one is confirming if the bluetooth fix is in the latest releases.

I didn't flash yesterday's build so I don't know what/if there were cherry picked items that are not yet merged. Sorry.

Empty Hand

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
So the official would be going backwards.

I doubt it. If there were cherry picked items and they didn't make it in build 6, it's because they weren't ready. There was quite a bit of merging yesterday so there is likely items that weren't in yesterday's build. Check out Zaphod's posts on RootzWiki to see what he included. Then check out aokp gerrit to see what was merged.

On another note, I am waiting for Akeller to update his aokp vanir rom tonight, which I think runs better than any rom I've tried. It has all AOKP's latest code on top of Vanir's linaro base. Good stuff!

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Have any of the people working on AOKP commented on pie controls and whether or not they'll ever incorporate that into future builds? I think I read that CM10.1 started baking it into their latest nightlies, it'd be neat if AOKP did the same. I really dig that feature. Currently, I'm using LMT Launcher, which is okay, I guess, but it'd be nice if I didn't need a separate app for that, yanno?

legendarydog

Android Enthusiast
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Can I have some tips on improving battery life using this ROM? I'd say my battery lasts about four hours with light usage.

Jubakuba

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Have any of the people working on AOKP commented on pie controls and whether or not they'll ever incorporate that into future builds? I think I read that CM10.1 started baking it into their latest nightlies, it'd be neat if AOKP did the same. I really dig that feature. Currently, I'm using LMT Launcher, which is okay, I guess, but it'd be nice if I didn't need a separate app for that, yanno?
Not happening.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatiko