[ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 3/9 zvd only

noonebutkev

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM7.1 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 11-07-2011

has anyone found a version of netflix that doesnt have sync/lag issues? older and newer versions worked on stock 2.2.2, but they arent working here....

Last edited:

jmrwbilly

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

has anyone found a version of netflix that doesnt have sync/lag issues? older and newer versions worked on stock 2.2.2, but they arent working here....

i used the app aptoide from bazaarandroid.com to download older version.. works great!

SylvianDark

May 24, 2011
Visit site

Before going to sprint for service help. I had GPS service die once, but it was from going from ZVH to VD. Below are a few suggestions to try.

• You phone might need to be reprovisioned for data service. This is from the Gingerbread downgrade to VD thread. You need to be on a Sprint VD based rom (Reborn works) and Xionia or stock recovery.
  • - No access to data services (indicated by the lack of a 1X or 3G next to the Signal Indicator).
  • Workaround: From the dial pad, type ##72786# (##SCRTN#) and the device's MSL. The device will power cycle and perform a hands free activation which will resolve the issue. Note: If you do not know your MSL, contact Sprint Customer Service at 888-211-4727 for assistance.
2nd option to try.
  • Make sure you are starting from a freshly wiped phone. From recovery go to mounts, Format boot, data, cache, and system.
  • From here flash the VD update.zip twice, and you should be in VD with everything stock. Go to settings and update profile and prl. And check to see if GPS works.
  • If you want to stay with CM7, then do those 4 data wipes again and flash the latest Rom and Google Apps and reboot.

Where can I find VD update.zip?

EDIT: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...sprint-zvd-froyo-downgrade-now-available.html

I think that is it. Now I guess I need to figure out how to go back to stock first?

EDIT 2: Flashing the ZVD Update has fixed my GPS. Now I can just download CM7 and flash that and everything should work?

Last edited:

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

SylvianDark

May 24, 2011
Visit site

You do need re root and flash custom recovery.

Yeah, noticed that the zvd update.zip wiped everything out. I rooted with gingersnap then I downloaded a terminal app from the market and typed su to give it super user privileges. From there I typed in the commands to install the xionia cwma custom recovery. At the end it rebooted into the recovery and a wiped cache and formatted boot,system,etc. Loaded the latest CM7.1 from thekraven and my GPS is working.

Been trying to fix this for over a month. Thanks for all the help.

Reactions: thekraven

jcruckus

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

Hey Noonebutkev, that sync issues is a problem with Netflix and Cyanogen mod 7, which I believe Netflix just released an update to the app to fix the problem. Update and report back. you also need to remember that your processor clock speed also makes a difference, if you have it set too low it will never sync up properly because it cannot process the video/audio on time. I am still on Cyanogen Mod 7-04282011 with Android 2.3.3, I had tried 2.3.4 but had issues. I am going to try this rom out and report back,but all looks good from the comments so long as you follow the steps. Wish I didnt have to wipe data, I have 102 apps that I use quite often.

JINXR65

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

Kraven,

Your VVM fix worked perfect on the older ROM (Oct 23 I think?). I flashed to 11-7 and applied the VVM fix in recovery, but I'm still getting the 9016 texts and I'm not even getting voicemails to the VVM app. I sent a 25 second voicemail to activate@vvm.sprint.com and I got a 9016 text return telling me I have been provisioned. I even did it manually using the XDA link you gave, but still no dice.

I'm not sure why it's not working. I applied the same fix on my wife's Evo, my sister's Optimus (running your CM7), and another friend's Evo. No idea why it's not working now. Do you have any ideas?

noonebutkev

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

Hey Noonebutkev, that sync issues is a problem with Netflix and Cyanogen mod 7, which I believe Netflix just released an update to the app to fix the problem. Update and report back. you also need to remember that your processor clock speed also makes a difference, if you have it set too low it will never sync up properly because it cannot process the video/audio on time. I am still on Cyanogen Mod 7-04282011 with Android 2.3.3, I had tried 2.3.4 but had issues. I am going to try this rom out and report back,but all looks good from the comments so long as you follow the steps. Wish I didnt have to wipe data, I have 102 apps that I use quite often.

With the new update, when i start a tv show, it will either have sync issues, or show a black screen with just audio...my phone is clocked from 320 (min.) to 768 mhz. (max.)

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Kraven,

Your VVM fix worked perfect on the older ROM (Oct 23 I think?). I flashed to 11-7 and applied the VVM fix in recovery, but I'm still getting the 9016 texts and I'm not even getting voicemails to the VVM app. I sent a 25 second voicemail to activate@vvm.sprint.com and I got a 9016 text return telling me I have been provisioned. I even did it manually using the XDA link you gave, but still no dice.

I'm not sure why it's not working. I applied the same fix on my wife's Evo, my sister's Optimus (running your CM7), and another friend's Evo. No idea why it's not working now. Do you have any ideas?

Which Google apps did you flash with 11/7 and which one did you flash on 10/3 . If you flashed the VVM fix at the same time, you might wait till the next reboot to flash the VVM fix separately. These are just a few suggestions, I'll have a look at it tonight.

Edit.. did you flash right over 10/23 or a full wipe?

Last edited:

cxc

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
So I have this issue only with cm roms: the voicemail notification shows up a few times a day and I have not found a way to permanently clear them. Also i've noticed that lots of my contacts have a "+1" in front and when I make a call I get the google voice prompt "this call will cost .02$/min". I correct this by manually entering the number without the +1. Can this be fixed without having to manually edit all my contacts one by one? Thanks.

I have integrated my google voice on case this helps.
again, I only experience these issues with cm roms. awesome room by the way, thanks foot the great job!

JINXR65

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

Which Google apps did you flash with 11/7 and which one did you flash on 10/3 . If you flashed the VVM fix at the same time, you might wait till the next reboot to flash the VVM fix separately. These are just a few suggestions, I'll have a look at it tonight.

Edit.. did you flash right over 10/23 or a full wipe?

I did a full wipe. On the old ROM I used the 6/13 BobZ gapps. For the 11/7 ROM I used the 10/3 gapps.

At first I did flash the vvm fix before gapps. But I after noticing the problem I have flashed the vvm fix twice and did it manually once. Should I try flashing the 6/13 gapps, reboot, then flash the vvm fix again?

On3wheels

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Before going to sprint for service help. I had GPS service die once, but it was from going from ZVH to VD. Below are a few suggestions to try.

• You phone might need to be reprovisioned for data service. This is from the Gingerbread downgrade to VD thread. You need to be on a Sprint VD based rom (Reborn works) and Xionia or stock recovery.
  • - No access to data services (indicated by the lack of a 1X or 3G next to the Signal Indicator).
  • Workaround: From the dial pad, type ##72786# (##SCRTN#) and the device's MSL. The device will power cycle and perform a hands free activation which will resolve the issue. Note: If you do not know your MSL, contact Sprint Customer Service at 888-211-4727 for assistance.
2nd option to try.
  • Make sure you are starting from a freshly wiped phone. From recovery go to mounts, Format boot, data, cache, and system.
  • From here flash the VD update.zip twice, and you should be in VD with everything stock. Go to settings and update profile and prl. And check to see if GPS works.
  • If you want to stay with CM7, then do those 4 data wipes again and flash the latest Rom and Google Apps and reboot.

my gps doesn't connect...but data works, can i rule out provisioning?

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

I did a full wipe. On the old ROM I used the 6/13 BobZ gapps. For the 11/7 ROM I used the 10/3 gapps.

At first I did flash the vvm fix before gapps. But I after noticing the problem I have flashed the vvm fix twice and did it manually once. Should I try flashing the 6/13 gapps, reboot, then flash the vvm fix again?

You can try that. I looked and the build prop has a few different settings. See if you can can use a file manager or adb commands to push this edited 11/7 build prop to /system folder.

build.prop

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

my gps doesn't connect...but data works, can i rule out provisioning?

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

Heat6Jones fixed his GPS problem by doing the VD update.zip. That resets everything back to the stock form, and the GPS started working again. But it could be from the data wipes too.

Masterjakeway

May 26, 2011
Visit site

I'm running the 10/22 build with whatever kernel it comes with...

I love this ROM. But,
Seems to be lagging more and more everyday. Even turned Max CPU up and that doesn't seemto help.
Last time I tried clearing dalvik and cache in recovery and it screwed my data 2ext up?
Any suggestions?

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Is the cache moved to SD? If so, move it back to internal memory. Do you have a differnt SD card to try? Using a slow sdcard will seriously degrade performance. The kernel has not changed much from 10/22.

You might try enabling 16bpp option under performance menu provides faster/smoother interface. But that is a trade off between performance and quality.

memsman

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

You can try that. I looked and the build prop has a few different settings. See if you can can use a file manager or adb commands to push this edited 11/7 build prop to /system folder.

build.prop

I had this issue as well (but already reverted back to 10/23 where it works).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick