[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

benward402

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.6 (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 11Sept11 Storage Fi

GREAT ROM!!!! I love it, smooth, quick, just what the Optimus needed! I am having the WIFI error/ issue though, any ideas on how to fix it? I don't use wifi that much, pretty much just when I am either at my friends house where its low service and at my cabin where the is no service. Any ideas would be great! Thanks again for the great ROM! :p

elcaballo

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

The dock isn't a theme, you have to "build" it from the parts given.
Select a dock background, then select the file. Same with the icons, create a shortcut, change the icon.

Ah, I get it now. I thought it was all done in the prefs. I didn't even think about the shortcut editor.

economichitman

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

GREAT ROM!!!! I love it, smooth, quick, just what the Optimus needed! I am having the WIFI error/ issue though, any ideas on how to fix it? I don't use wifi that much, pretty much just when I am either at my friends house where its low service and at my cabin where the is no service. Any ideas would be great! Thanks again for the great ROM! :p

I'm having this issue as well, since coming from bumblebee. Did a full wipe/factory reset in recovery, wiped cache/dalvik as well. Running xiona 1.2 recovery..

briguyy

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site

I posted some pages back that i was having the wifi error problem and i think ( at least with my phone ) and another person too is that it was kernel related because when i flashed a different kernel it fixed the wifi problem as well as the black screen problem. Try flashing this kernel xionia_kernel_014_anykernel_OptimusV_signed.zip and im sure it will fix your wifi problem.

economichitman

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

I posted some pages back that i was having the wifi error problem and i think ( at least with my phone ) and another person too is that it was kernel related because when i flashed a different kernel it fixed the wifi problem as well as the black screen problem. Try flashing this kernel xionia_kernel_014_anykernel_OptimusV_signed.zip and im sure it will fix your wifi problem.

That may work but it's less than ideal to flash xiona because its a 2.3 kernel and this is a 2.2 rom. Try the bumblebee kernel

hamfactorial

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I can't speak to the screen problem, since I have the old phone hardware. When installing 1.6 after a full wipe, my wifi wouldn't start. Flashing 1.5E and then 1.6 over the top (without a wipe, no reboot) gives me functional wifi.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

It probably goes back to the install issues 1.5 and 16 are having.
I'm going to try looking into it later tonight.

TheKyro

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

Hi all,

I don't know if anybody is interested in what I did.
Let me explain; since Harmonia 1.3+ breaks signature and stuff with the power button menu and the TWS.
I m now using Harmonia 1.2 and I can now use the latest Market without any problem (3.1.3 if i m correct); And added to that I flashed the Email.apk and Mms.apk from 1.3.1

Yes, i gave up on TWS and the nifty power button menu, not only for the latest Market but also because I had some random problems problems sometimes when installing apps from the market (installation impossible because of supposedly corrupt files... but i don't know for sure if this install problem is linked to the broken signature due to the TWS and power menu mod)

Just sharing my temp solution while waiting for the next big Harmonia release

Cheers

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

So this is somewhat off topic but not entirely because the basis is Harmonia, and this might help some people.

I built my own ROM, based off Harmonia 1.6, but with some of my own modifications :cool:

Changes from original Harmonia:
-added the SD Speed fix from the Bumblebee 2.4 ROM
-added one of the black status bars from the second post in this thread
-added all of the original sounds that were put separately in the Harmonia sounds zip in the second post of this thread
-changed the default background
-changed the name in the notification area
-changed the PowerOn sound
-changed the "Boot animation" from the green Harmonia script to the Bumblebee 2.4 boot animation

Basically, I just combined all of the above files into the Harmonia 1.6 zip that I downloaded, but I can confirm that if you combine the sound zip and the Harmonia zip (or the status bar zip and Harmonia zip) and then resign it, it does work and you don't have to reboot twice. Best of all, you now have one ROM with your modifications already built in!

If anyone would like a copy feel free to PM me or if you'd like to know exactly what I did to achieve each of these changes, feel free to PM me as well :)

Back on topic, Harmonia 1.6 runs pretty dang well! No wifi problems to report; I had to make changes to my ROM the first time around to delete some apps that were FC-ing when they were installed in /system/apps however.

I have to give thanks to LeslieAnn for creating Harmonia, without it I wouldn't have my custom ROM (and for helping out with a few questions),
obijohn (for the Bumblebee ROM),
mmarz (for creating the Reference Guide found here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...guide-optimus-v-modding-read-get-started.html, from which I learned how to do nearly all of these),
JerryScript (for the notification name mod found here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...w-change-your-carrier-name-now-scrolling.html),
asadullah (for his Auto Resigner found here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...cks/75122-tool-auto-resigner-8-29-2011-a.html, so I could resign my finished zip and IHO Recovery wouldn't freak out)
and someone from xda-forums who created a program to extract APKs so you could modify the images/code and recompress them (if you know know, please let me know :) )

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

Also, I just installed 1.6 again (my custom ROM) and I can confirm that going from 1.5E to 1.6 (without a reboot) works.

Here's what I did.

1)Wiped everything. (Boot, Cache, System, all of it)
2)Installed 1.5E
3)Ran obijohn's Bumblebee Wiper from the Bumblebee 2.4 ROM thread (wipes cache, data, system, /sdcard/.android_secure and sd-ext)
4)Wiped data and factory reset (from the menu option in the IHO Recovery)
5)Wiped cache and Dalvik cache
6)Installed 1.6

Boot up took a bit (still not used to that) but of course, that's because it's first boot. :p

Otherwise my ROM works pretty much perfectly.

blestou

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

jdcnosse: I would be interested in trying this out. Why can't you link to download?

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

jdcnosse: I would be interested in trying this out. Why can't you link to download?

Well I could, but I didn't know if this was the right place to do it as it's not the Harmonia 1.6 that LeslieAnn created...That and I didn't think that it was that big of a deal to create a new thread about it...but if it is I can. I was just simply pointing out that when I made my custom ROM it all worked out, and found out some things that might streamline some people's flashings if they don't mind getting their hands dirty ;)

That and even though I know the code is all open-source, I'm still old fashioned and would ask for permission haha

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I don't mind you posting it, so long as it's clear that it is a mod and can't be supported by me.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

I don't mind you posting it, so long as it's clear that it is a mod and can't be supported by me.

Alright thanks :) and yes I was planning on doing that anyways, in a separate thread probably so that it doesn't get confused with the original builds. I've got to do some work on it still, some of the apps aren't liking where I've housed them (easy fix obviously...just remove them from system/app).

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

You can put them into data on install, I think Bumblebee installer has the code you need.
Be careful what you add, Swype is questionable and Cm founders had trouble even including Google Apps. Google and them came to an agreement, though many are still unhappy with it. I consider what I do okay, because it's a stock rom, not a scratch build. I simply left it in, but it is why Swype is the original version. We sometimes walk a fine line, updating Swype would be crossing that line, I think, and they (or their fans) have been known to raise a stink over it. If you include something out of the ordinary, be very careful.

Also, be prepared for lots of questions. Take a look at the page number for this and how many Bumblebee and IHO have...
Oh, and take note of my signature, it really is the truth. :) Beware what you are getting yourself into.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

You can put them into data on install, I think Bumblebee installer has the code you need.
Be careful what you add, Swype is questionable and Cm founders had trouble even including Google Apps. Google and them came to an agreement, though many are still unhappy with it. I consider what I do okay, because it's a stock rom, not a scratch build. I simply left it in, but it is why Swype is the original version. We sometimes walk a fine line, updating Swype would be crossing that line, I think, and they (or their fans) have been known to raise a stink over it. If you include something out of the ordinary, be very careful.

Also, be prepared for lots of questions. Take a look at the page number for this and how many Bumblebee and IHO have...
Oh, and take note of my signature, it really is the truth. :) Beware what you are getting yourself into.

haha and I've only done minor modifications, I mean the most complicated one was extracting the framework.apk to simply replace 1 image and then zipping it back up :p

So something like the Swype beta installer would be better to add then the actual Swype files for the newer versions (simply because with the Swype beta installer you HAVE to have signed up for the beta in order to be able to download it. Unless they tie each e-mail address to each installer, in which case I'd just keep the stock Swype files in.

Not including any of my purchased apps either, simply because well...that's pirating. lol However I might include some free ones like the CPU tuner found on Bumblebee's ROM.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Harmonia 1.6.1c_Edify
(This is a corrected version of 1.3.1 and later, there is no need to install if you have a working install)
Storage space and installer has been corrected.
MD5: 9832a1fdced8a98b7cd07932a466e2b7

Notes:
Phone info says 1.6, not 1.6.1c, not a big deal.
Does not include new Market, as it conflicts, still working on that.
I wiped boot and it installed properly, so it seems the install issue has been fixed. Somehow I lost a required line while editing.

Reactions: jdcnosse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord