[ROM][Repost][06/05/11] Comm ROM 2.1 (UKB) from TSM **Updated 06/20/11**

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Let me start with I am new to mods,ROMS etc Two weeks ago after reading Landshark's excellent instructions I flashed the CommROM V1.3 onto my phone. I left the original kernel on the phone. Three days ago again following Landshark's instructions I flashed the Comm ROM 2.0 (UKB) with the -50 PBJ voodoo kernel. I have had no problems so far and very happy with it. Battery life is 2 1/2 times better than stock. I ran a benchmark using the Quadrant program before and after flashing the 2.0. Results were Before:800 After:1625. I know there are several people involved in making these upgrades available and I want to thank everyone for their hard work.

Welcome to AC!

dwitherell

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
For those that are interested, there is now a post up that (in likely way-to-much detail, at least in some aspects) describes one route to attaining UKB 2.0 that has worked. Well, it has worked at least for me (some guy that just started posting to these boards today). While that might not say much, I've gleaned so much from all here - my hope is to pass a little of that glean forward. Here's hoping!

Click here to check it out!

cinaibur

May 6, 2011
Visit site
ComRom 2.0 - voicemail won't leave status bar

I just installed ComRom 2.0 and everything is going great. However, I just got a voicemail, but when I cleared all my messages, I still have the voicemail icon in my status bar. I have tried several reboots and tried calling my voicemail to clear it several times as well. My box is EMPTY. Any ideas?

Mangojoyride

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
strange thing i want to report. my SDcard didnt want to mount at all and only showed up as a cd drive on my computer. the option to mount didnt show up on the phones notification bar either. an hour of fiddling with phone options, resets, CWM sdcard mounting and nothing. no way for some reason.

then on a whim i picked the eject option from the cd drive that pops up when i plug in the phone and the option to mount shows up on the phone and works.

weird man, but at least it worked. all of that just to load up the files for ed04 radio

adamklo

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
While trying to wipe data via CWM, it freezes at "formatting /sdcard/.android_secure/"

I've pulled battery and tried a few times, but it's not getting past this. What can I do?

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
is "fix permissions" working?

I thought it too a little while for it to run... mine did it instantly.

JOrtenzi, just use Terminal Emulator do run fix permission script.

2. Open terminal emulator, you will see a $ in the top left corner of the blue screen.
3. Next to that type su and hit the enter key on your keyboard
4. Terminal emulator will be given superuser permission after you hit "Accept" on the pop up.
5. Hit the menu soft key and choose the option to bring the keyboard back up.
6. You will now notice a # after the su.
7. Type fxpms next to the # and hit the enter key.

lots of code will come on might take a while, than back out of the program give it min or two than should be all good.

Reactions: JOrtenzi

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
well, thanks. i was able to data wipe with no problem! Help me to understand what happened. This is making me crazy, but I'm glad it's not a paperweight anymore!

I dont know what happened, You now have the lastest and greatest CWM, its only edify scripting so only flash things that say edify only or 3.x only! happy flashing

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
JOrtenzi, just use Terminal Emulator do run fix permission script.

2. Open terminal emulator, you will see a $ in the top left corner of the blue screen.
3. Next to that type su and hit the enter key on your keyboard
4. Terminal emulator will be given superuser permission after you hit "Accept" on the pop up.
5. Hit the menu soft key and choose the option to bring the keyboard back up.
6. You will now notice a # after the su.
7. Type fxpms next to the # and hit the enter key.

lots of code will come on might take a while, than back out of the program give it min or two than should be all good.

thanks... i hope this fixes my lag issue that I posted here :http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...2333-lag-delay-issue-kb-2-0-a.html#post985871

the lag is really, really, reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaally annoying.... its frustrating

adamklo

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I dont know what happened, You now have the lastest and greatest CWM, its only edify scripting so only flash things that say edify only or 3.x only! happy flashing

In my attempted fixes, I messed something up with my phone. Wouldn't get past Samsung on boot, so I'm going to flash to stock and start all over again. :)

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
In my attempted fixes, I messed something up with my phone. Wouldn't get past Samsung on boot, so I'm going to flash to stock and start all over again. :)

FYI, the data wipe not completing in the OTB recovery is a known issue. The data wipe actually completes, it's just the script you see on the screen does not finish correctly.

Reactions: adamklo

adamklo

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
FYI, the data wipe not completing in the OTB recovery is a known issue. The data wipe actually completes, it's just the script you see on the screen does not finish correctly.

The beaches are in danger yet again: Landshark had begun to feed.

OTB recovery? Did you mean CWM3?

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The beaches are in danger yet again: Landshark had begun to feed.

OTB recovery? Did you mean CWM3?

He was referring to the custom CWR you get with the OTB kernel. If you want to keep the original CWR3, you need to ODIN it after flashing the ROM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamed-helmy