Screen cracked after one week!!!

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
i blame them for making such and easily breakable device! I spend the money for an expensive, latest and greatest phone, and it breaks from a seemingly harmless fall! All phones should have gorllia glass!

The entitlement mentality is horrible. You knowingly purchased the phone as designed.

Maybe learn from your mistake and not do what you did with this phone again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I believe you have up to 30 days to add Insurance. Call them and add it. Wait till the next day then make the claim. Its no harm done and Assurion should get you another one. Its not fraud. Its part of there program. When I owned the Samsung Infuse, I lost one and Broke the other one. Filed claims each time and get new ones. Brand new ones from Asurion in boxes with everything. I was amazed. But I did 2 claims within a year so they dropped me and I wouldve had to wait, had I not switched to Verizon.

You guys already know there is people who take there totally fine phones, sell it on ebay and make a profit, then put in a claim and get another one cheaper. And there aint nothing the insurance company can do about it because your paying them for their service. Even if they only got 1 months payment.

Lol all these people in here that act like they have never done anything in their life... LMAO I wonder how many people if in this situation would not do this same thing.. People always try to act sooooo holy and do no wrong in these forums but in real life do the total opposite... I doubt all these people talking about this is so horrible would go spend 700 dollars on a replacement... about 2% probably lol. To really break it down insurance companies make tons of money.. There are a bunch of people that pay for insurance and never use it... Plus they will fix your phone and use it in no time because they have the resources to do so. You have 30 days to add the insurance and thats what I would do. I suggest you never put yourself in this situation again though and make this a learning experience. Put insurance on anything this expensive.

Its funny because some in here posting about how this is so wrong blah blah blah are some of the same people that tried to use the verizon loophole to get unlimited data knowing that they shouldnt have it LMAO...

Last edited:

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I cracked my screen first night I had the phone just made an insurance claim because its my fault I dropped the phone on gravel!

I'm a truck driver. When I did almost the same thing with my tbolt getting out of my truck, I filed a claim for a replacement phone.

I will never understand the attitudes of people believing they are owed something when they make a mistake like this.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If the option allows you to do that, I don't see why you wont.
These company's aren't frauding us for the charges of internet use and nickel and dimeing everyone for everything? If I pay $300 for a phone. Screen breaks and I can get the insurance to have it replaced, I would do it. No questions asked. I'm no better then anyone else just cause I have an advisor badge.

I pay enough taxes for everything. So I'll take advantage of insurance if I have to. Its the world we live in. Let alone the 3rd replacement Nexus I'm on now for faulty problems.

You pay taxes to the government not VZW. At most they are a middle man for the transfer of that wealth.

Because you are able to do something does not mean it is right to do.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Lol all these people in here that act like they have never done anything in their life... LMAO I wonder how many people if in this situation would not do this same thing.. People always try to act sooooo holy and do no wrong in these forums but in real life do the total opposite... I doubt all these people talking about this is so horrible would go spend 700 dollars on a replacement... about 2% probably lol. To really break it down insurance companies make tons of money.. There are a bunch of people that pay for insurance and never use it... Plus they will fix your phone and use it in no time because they have the resources to do so. You have 30 days to add the insurance and thats what I would do. I suggest you never put yourself in this situation again though and make this a learning experience. Put insurance on anything this expensive.

Its funny because some in here posting about how this is so wrong blah blah blah are some of the same people that tried to use the verizon loophole to get unlimited data knowing that they shouldnt have it LMAO...

I agree with alot you said, but unlimited data loophole doesn't have to do with this. Verizon gives it to you, adds it to your account, you are not cheating anyone. People asked and they got it, the reps did see that you were getting unlimited too before they hit the submit button. You were on track that a lot of people would do the same thing in similar situation, but lost me when you totally tried to compare it to unlimited data loophole. It is not a loophole, it is still available in verizon's system. I am sure they know about it now.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I agree with alot you said, but unlimited data loophole doesn't have to do with this. Verizon gives it to you, adds it to your account, you are not cheating anyone. People asked and they got it, the reps did see that you were getting unlimited too before they hit the submit button. You were on track that a lot of people would do the same thing in similar situation, but lost me when you totally tried to compare it to unlimited data loophole. It is not a loophole, it is still available in verizon's system. I am sure they know about it now.

You are cheating someone... You are getting something that you are not supposed to have.. PERIOD.. When you cancel the plan that lets you get unlimited data you did that with the intentions of getting unlimited data on your account that was not supposed to have it. It is a mistake by the customer service rep that you are exploiting... They have it in their system but it is for customers that are on grandfathered unlimited plans (which is why some people knowingly have to call 4-5 times to get a rep that is not informed lol.. Now I have no problem with people that do it because I feel like these companies screw us over any chance they get... But dont come in the forum acting like you are morally perfect when you participate in other things that are not right.

Reactions: crzycrkr

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
You are cheating someone... You are getting something that you are not supposed to have.. PERIOD.. When you cancel the plan that lets you get unlimited data you did that with the intentions of getting unlimited data on your account that was not supposed to have it. It is a mistake by the customer service rep that you are exploiting... They have it in their system but it is for customers that are on grandfathered unlimited plans (which is why some people knowingly have to call 4-5 times to get a rep that is not informed lol.. Now I have no problem with people that do it because I feel like these companies screw us over any chance they get... But dont come in the forum acting like you are morally perfect when you participate in other things that are not right.

I hate when these threads turn in to moral threads. I still have the hotspot so I could care less if you think I am morally imperfect. I have no problem with him getting insurance, he is following the procedure and doing what is necessary. I don't think he is doing anything wrong. I do have a problem when people say I am cheating. I am f'in paying 60 dollars a month for data and hotspot, hello? So that is cheating, if I was getting it for free than I could see myself taking advantage of the system. Getting something and paying for it is not cheating, it is just business.

Now on topic, and I would be responding to moral posts.

OP get insurance and pay your dues and get a new phone and put a case on or not, your choice, lol.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I hate when these threads turn in to moral threads. I still have the hotspot so I could care less if you think I am morally imperfect. I have no problem with him getting insurance, he is following the procedure and doing what is necessary. I don't think he is doing anything wrong. I do have a problem when people say I am cheating. I am f'in paying 60 dollars a month for data and hotspot, hello? So that is cheating, if I was getting it for free than I could see myself taking advantage of the system. Getting something and paying for it is not cheating, it is just business.

Now on topic, and I would be responding to moral posts.

OP get insurance and pay your dues and get a new phone and put a case on or not, your choice, lol.

Im with you on this.. Thats why im saying all these people acting like they do no wrong amaze me.. Im sure if they were in that situation they would probably be calling verizon right now to add insurance and then be making a claim soon... lol. People using the loophole Im all for it.. Verizon still charges 20.00 a month for unlimited texting and we know that texting costs them next to nothing lol... So I say go for it... Only problem I have is with people contradicting themselves by acting morally perfect in one thread and doing otherwise in another lol...

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Im with you on this.. Thats why im saying all these people acting like they do no wrong amaze me.. Im sure if they were in that situation they would probably be calling verizon right now to add insurance and then be making a claim soon... lol. People using the loophole Im all for it.. Verizon still charges 20.00 a month for unlimited texting and we know that texting costs them next to nothing lol... So I say go for it... Only problem I have is with people contradicting themselves by acting morally perfect in one thread and doing otherwise in another lol...

I've done no such thing, I'm grandfathered into unlimited data and have no need for any "loopholes." I simply pointed out that regardless of what you call it, it's fraud. What he does with that is his own choice/business/prerogative, but that does not remove the true/actual nature of the act.

Coming in here and saying "I hate when people get all moral" is inherently the same as what those who "oppose" the fraud are doing (logically speaking), but instead utilizing the exact opposite position. Those who oppose the fraud put out their view, those who don't put out theirs. Same crap, different positions. Getting high and mighty cuts both ways.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I've done no such thing, I'm grandfathered into unlimited data and have no need for any "loopholes." I simply pointed out that regardless of what you call it, it's fraud. What he does with that is his own choice/business/prerogative, but that does not remove the true/actual nature of the act.

Coming in here and saying "I hate when people get all moral" is inherently the same as what those who "oppose" the fraud are doing (logically speaking), but instead utilizing the exact opposite position. Those who oppose the fraud put out their view, those who don't put out theirs. Same crap, different positions. Getting high and mighty cuts both ways.

Different views as you said, some scream fraud and some say u have 30 days to put insurance on the phone.. But im still curious who would pay 700 dollars if they were in that same exact position.. Like I said probably 2% because thats alot of money. I always put insurance on my devices because I know things happen but to be truthfull if I were in that position I would not be paying 700 dollars if still in the window to add insurance on my phone. But I dont feel sorry for these companies because when they get a chance to screw the consumer they jump at the opportunity.. If there wouldnt have been a uproar about the 2$ fee Verizon was about to charge they wouldnt have hesitated to keep it intact..

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Different views as you said, some scream fraud and some say u have 30 days to put insurance on the phone.. But im still curious who would pay 700 dollars if they were in that same exact position.. Like I said probably 2% because thats alot of money. I always put insurance on my devices because I know things happen but to be truthfull if I were in that position I would not be paying 700 dollars if still in the window to add insurance on my phone.

You have 30 days, yes, but like I said previously the terms of the provider will control--and in this situation, do you really see putting insurance on a currently-damaged device/line (because saying it's not currently damaged would be fraud/misrepresentation) and then claiming that $ as if it had become damaged after the fact being within a permissible (not necessarily moral . . .) course of action? Who knows. I know that I wouldn't risk it, but I don't risk things like that for a variety of reasons. Like you, I've had insurance since I owned crap phones and will have it until I die. Haven't always used it, but when I've needed it it's pulled through.

EWakely09

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
u have not had the phone a month therefore it is still possible to purchase insurance over the phone. (30 after u buy is the deadline to purchase) wait until nect billing cycle and make a claim. Thats what i would do, and have before without a problem. now before anyone says im a moster, i forgot to purchase insurence and was not remeinded of it when i bought my phone so i didnt feel to bad doing it;)

hope this helps bro
(typos?? idgaf)

damn i didnt think anyone would have done/thought of this. Now im just an exp. of sucessful of "fraud
if any of u being critical tether without paying vzw its also immoral. now im guilty twice... bahahaha

Last edited:

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I have been in his situation and didn't even consider doing what he seems to be debating. I didn't for one simple reason it is the wrong thing to do.

Apparently questionable ethics is not a bad thing to you.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I have been in his situation and didn't even consider doing what he seems to be debating. I didn't for one simple reason it is the wrong thing to do.

Apparently questionable ethics is not a bad thing to you.

If you say so but regardless its the same for the insurance company and regardless. I still dont believe everyone screaming fraud would do as you say and chalk up a 1000 dollar loss LOL. Maybe thats great for you but most people dont have 1,000 dollars to blow on a device in this economy and would do the same. Its already bad enough your paying 300 on contract. But if it was such a huge issue as you say im sure insurance companies would change their policies. Because im sure they know this happens alot and is nowhere near a rare issue. But hey we have different opinions and im ok with that.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
If you say so but regardless its the same for the insurance company and regardless. I still dont believe everyone screaming fraud would do as you say and chalk up a 1000 dollar loss LOL. Maybe thats great for you but most people dont have 1,000 dollars to blow on a device in this economy and would do the same. Its already bad enough your paying 300 on contract. But if it was such a huge issue as you say im sure insurance companies would change their policies. Because im sure they know this happens alot and is nowhere near a rare issue. But hey we have different opinions and im ok with that.

(1) It's not a $1000 loss; if anything, it's the cost of the new phone.

(2) If they didn't have $1000 to blow on another phone, then maybe they should have:

(a) bought a case, or
(b) not acted like it was a $20 boost mobile walky-talky.

(3) That doesn't matter in the least. Insurance is a contract. When you agree to do something in contract, you do it or pay the consequences if sued/caught/etc. Just because someone hasn't gotten caught or others do it do not mean you are doing the correct thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katcragon