Question Stop SMS being sent as MMS

Glyn Foster

Jan 6, 2022
Visit site
I have a Motorola phone running android 12, and haven't been able to find any answer that works and stops my phone automatically converting an SMS message to MMS - any help would be much appreciated!

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I have a Motorola phone running android 12, and haven't been able to find any answer that works and stops my phone automatically converting an SMS message to MMS - any help would be much appreciated!
What carrier?

How do you know it's going out as MMS?

Are you sending images or is this straight text?

Is the recipient using an iPhone?

Is this happening with every text to any recipient?

Is there a signature that you've set to automatically include? If so, does it include an image?

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Glyn Foster

Jan 6, 2022
Visit site
What carrier?

How do you know it's going out as MMS?

Are you sending images or is this straight text?

Is the recipient using an iPhone?

Is this happening with every text to any recipient?

Is there a signature that you've set to automatically include? If so, does it include an image?
Sorry about the late reply, been on holiday! Carrier is UK provider '3'; Android tells me the message is being sent as MMS, that it has not been sent, then suggests sending as SMS, which I'm sometimes not quick enough to accept, and therefore no message, MMS or SMS , is sent. Message is being sent to another android phone. No signature; no image; text only. Complicated by the intended recipient not always having her phone switched on. Only happens with this person.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If the phone is having trouble sending MMS, that often suggests an issue with the mobile data -- do you have problems sending MMS to anyone else? You said it only happens with this person, but I'm not sure if that means SMS gets converted to MMS only for this person, or that MMS can't be sent only to this person.

Is it a group text?

Glyn Foster

Jan 6, 2022
Visit site
The problem is primarily with the one phone; I have not had any problems with other contacts - but my texts generally do not include photos, and are small in size, and are rarely group texts, so I may not notice any problems with SMS being converted to MMS, and vice versa. The problem appears to be with this one phone - my phone tries to send text messages to her as MMS, but they don't go through, a message comes up to say that their is a problem and suggests sending via SMS, but there is only a short window in time for me to press the acceptance button. If I do not notice , or am not quick enough - the message is never sent, and I have to use email or WhatsApp to make contact with her