T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note7 Ordering Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomOfTx

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
No movement yet and it's 10min to 5.... now starting to wonder tbh. But I'm fine with a Tuesday delivery also.

Only 2 UPS flights have left Louisville in the past 30 minutes as of 5:00am EST. One heading to Germany and the other to Mexico. The weather did delay flights in the past few hours, so still possible for Monday if I see domestic UPS flights start leaving out of Louisville soon.

FlightAware ✈ Airport Activity ✈ Louisville Intl Airport (Louisville, KY) [KSDF]

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Now people starting to see the light...I know its possible but i do find it odd theres no origin scan ...Time will tell

Now, this is assuming everything goes as planned:

I think people are not seeing the light, they might be missing a few things. Also I honestly do not know how to explain this more clearly or how else to show this to you. If you think about that origin scan as packages are NORMALLY shipped, that will mess things up. They aren't doing this normally.

Let me try one more time.. There is no origin scan because normally, it is out in a box, a label is printed, they wait for a driver to pick it up and hundreds of other packages. Then the origin scan is done.

Then the packages sorted at that UPS hub, scanned as received, they are shorted by how they will travel, ground or air, and they get on planes, they are scanned as departed, all over the country and they go to KY.

The packages are then scanned as received, they are then sorted by airports they are going to, sorted by type of shipping (overnight, overnight by 8 am, overnight by 10:30 am, overnight by the end of the day, second day, etc), they are then loaded on various planes headed for different airports, and then scanned as departed.

By that time is is generally anywhere between maybe 3 am and 6 am.

Now all of this above is being done on one step and not done by UPS who has to deal with other packages that aren't TMO.

Generally an origin scan for overnight shipping is done by 6 pm on average.

All that work above is done for packages for everyone shipping to everyone all over the country.

With this shipment, all that work and travel time that is always done, the labels, the packaging, the sorting, will be done in KY, on a day when there usually isn't a origin scan because it is the weekend. This processing is being done at the place that sends out packages for next day delivery by 8 am, by 10:30 am and by end of the day shipments, every single day.

So the origin scan in this case doesn't matter as long as all the work is done amd the planes take off at the regular time. The fulfillment center is located very near the UPS world port where all packages go after the packaging, printing labels, origin scans, pick up, sorting and scanning again, loading on planes, flying in the air and being received and sorted etc again.

When the phones are loaded in the truck to go to the world hub, the origin scan will be done because that is when UPS gets them, the difference is, the work is done, the previous travel is done and they are ready to get on the plane and head to every state.

Every single package I get, leaves the KY world port between 4:30 am and 6:00 am (EST), arrives in my state between 4:30 am and 6:00 am CST, is scanned as received at the airport is removed from the plane and sorted, is scanned as departed, is driven a few mins to the main hub, is scanned arrived, sorted, loaded, and is scanned out for delivery no later than 8-8:30 am and delivered to me that same day.

This is done five days a week for every UPS air package. This was just this past Friday, nothing off about this delivery. You ate just used to seeing the origin scan when the driver picks up from the company. All that work and travel that is necessary normally, is not necessary with this shipment. This is how it was done for the S7's. Could they be delayed this time? Sure, anything is possible. Is shipping done like TMO is doing with these phones on a regular basis? Yes, every single day. TMO doesn't do it like this every single day, but companies all over the country do this every single day. Has TMO shipped like this and processed orders on Saturday AND Sunday, with the origin scan being done when they loaded the plane in KY and they left KY early MONDAY morning and the phones were delivered to people all over the country, on Monday? Yes, they did it with the S7 and S7E.

The last way to try and explain this to you is this.. Suppose you are in Vegas and I tell you, I'll leave in an hour and I'll meet you in Vegas for lunch, Monday. You ask me how long does it take me to drive to Vegas and it takes me 8 hours to drive to Vegas from my house. I tell you since it is 4 am, I'll drive for 4 hours to LA and catch a flight to Vegas that lands 4 hours later. Youp keep telling me that won't work because it takes 8 hours for me to drive to Vegas, BUT.. It will work because I'll drive for 4 hours, then I'll catch a flight that takes 4 hours to get to get to Vegas. Instead of driving the entire way, I'll take a short cut that cuts off have the driving time and I can cover more ground in less time.

My shipping from the other day all of them always look like these times.

PicsArt_08-15-03.46.59.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe