terrible bugs in my Gnex

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I hate every one of these posts. People litterally asking for a buggy phone. its so dumb in so many ways.
Besides the fact that A. I dont trust you not to complain. B. Noone trusts you not to complain. and most Importantly C. Verizon doesnt trust you not to complain... even somehow you didnt complain, didnt provide bad word of mouth, didnt tie up their CS, etc etc... even if all this happened which it wouldnt.. what about the other 100K+ buyers? is Verizon suppose to deal with them being happy because you goofily decided you wanted the phone launched with bugs?

Can we get a script or something on this forum that autodeletes/bans any user that says they want the phone now and dont care how buggy it is?

That never seemed to stop them from releasing the bionic/thunderbolt/charge with a variety of bugs. Please quit trying to defend verizon since they do not care enough to actually iron out the major bugs like dropping data and that so why would they start now?

Reactions: dimsdale

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
P3droid did a full review on this phone and mentioned no such issues at all. Yeah he's a dick, but I'm sure he would have noticed the issues you mentioned, and he's been using it for much longer than you have. You got a lemon, and you should exchange it for......oooh never mind haha.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
That never seemed to stop them from releasing the bionic/thunderbolt/charge with a variety of bugs. Please quit trying to defend verizon since they do not care enough to actually iron out the major bugs like dropping data and that so why would they start now?

I can't say that this issue applies to the Bionic, TBolt, or Charge, however there's a difference in releasing a phone that you know has bugs versus a phone that has bugs that you don't know about until after release. Releasing a phone gives Verizon a heck of a lot of additional "testers". And it's plausible that Verizon didn't know about the bugs in the other phones until after it was released when all of the new customers testers started exercising the phone and the network in ways that were not captured by their official testers. So, perhaps they know about bugs in the Nexus and are trying to fix them before release.

This is all speculation on my part. I just wanted to point out that there could definitely be a difference in the releases.

JarodL

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't think P3Droid or any other of the major tech blogs have gotten a Verizon/LTE version of the phone to test yet. I think there is a reason for that and the 15th is looking more and more unlikely.

Quite frankly I am starting to wonder if this turns into the next HTC Incredible and we never get the Galaxy Nexus and instead just end up with whatever replaces the Galaxy SII.

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

Better yet why would they not start now? You don't think at some point they would say "Hey we are tired of going trough this and having to deal with irate customers, refunds, credits, replacement phones. Lets get this one right!" What's wrong with that? It's more of a pain in the ass to deal with some of you because you're Nexus has bugs (the same Nexus you threatened to leave them over if the phone wasn't released immediately), than to just wait until it's all fixed.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I can't say that this issue applies to the Bionic, TBolt, or Charge, however there's a difference in releasing a phone that you know has bugs versus a phone that has bugs that you don't know about until after release. Releasing a phone gives Verizon a heck of a lot of additional "testers". And it's plausible that Verizon didn't know about the bugs in the other phones until after it was released when all of the new customers testers started exercising the phone and the network in ways that were not captured by their official testers. So, perhaps they know about bugs in the Nexus and are trying to fix them before release.

This is all speculation on my part. I just wanted to point out that there could definitely be a difference in the releases.

except they knew about the thunderbolt bugs and launched it anyway. Not to mention for both tb and bionic it took months to issue a fix and with the tb the update( which they supposedly test so much) made the phone worse with random reboots, voicemail not showing up, etc

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Better yet why would they not start now? You don't think at some point they would say "Hey we are tired of going trough this and having to deal with irate customers, refunds, credits, replacement phones. Lets get this one right!" What's wrong with that? It's more of a pain in the ass to deal with some of you because you're Nexus has bugs (the same Nexus you threatened to leave them over if the phone wasn't released immediately), than to just wait until it's all fixed.

I never said I was leaving vzw?

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't think P3Droid or any other of the major tech blogs have gotten a Verizon/LTE version of the phone to test yet. I think there is a reason for that and the 15th is looking more and more unlikely.

Quite frankly I am starting to wonder if this turns into the next HTC Incredible and we never get the Galaxy Nexus and instead just end up with whatever replaces the Galaxy SII.

P3droid had the LTE version! So did BMX as far as I know. Also why do they have to send anything to a tech blog? Here we go with the incredible again. VZW NEVER announced a Nexus 1, and NEVER had any in stock!!! How will we never get the GNEX when it's sitting in stores and some have even been sold??? Come on people lets be a little rational!

Reactions: Premium1

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

p3 had it for awhile and was testing it, reviewing it, developing for it.

potam

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
This.

At least one other guy got the phone. (the one BB called to get him to return it)

Is he having the same issues I wonder. if not, the chances of you having a dud are higher. With only a handful in the wild, the chances are very low that one would be a dud, but the chance is still there. Sometimes you do just get dealt a straight flush, or in your case, a pair of 2s.

I will say that I have not noticed any real issues. Now, I'll admit I don't have the best memory in the world, but I can't think of anything I've come across in ICS or the Nexus that has made me think, "Oh, so THAT"S why it's not released yet." I'm not saying there haven't been any bugs or issues, but honestly I can't think of anything right now off the top of my head.

The speaker: I noticed on pandora when playing music, I had to get the volume up to about half way in order to get the sound output to the same level as about 1/4-1/3 volume on my iPhone 4. I had also missed some texts, but then after changing my text notification, I haven't had any issues. Speakerphone volume was very good; it was on par with iPhone 4, I'd say.

And yeah, not having the ability to switch to 3g is kind of a pain. But I'm sure when ROMs start coming out, then it's a moot point.

Almost forgot to mention: I haven't had any issues with service/LTE. I live in Atlanta, however, so I guess living out further away from a city might affect it. (I've been able to get ~32mbps over LTE)

And I'm guessing the stock battery will last you a day at least. I know from my experience that in my first few days of owning a phone, my battery life can be cut in about half due to playing with it constantly. Yesterday I was able to take it off the charger a little before noon, I think, and I just put it on the charger a few minutes ago.

I don't want to turn this into a review post, but I will end with saying this phone is very impressive. Not just from a hardware standpoint, but from the software side, too. This feels like the first time that Android has felt like a true competitor for iOS. It really feels like night and day between 2.x and 4.

tl;dr: Trust the professional reviews you've been reading. This IS the best Android phone available right now (whenever it comes out). OP isn't necessarily wrong, but he might have got a lemon or is just overly critical trying to stir up some noise.

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Thank God I have up until Jan 15th to return my rented Rezound to get the Nexus, I think I am going to wait to the absolute last minute so I can see how the feedback is from people using the phone and if it is a nightmare or not. If it is then I will stick with the Rezound with the superior screen/camera/video.

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Thank God I have up until Jan 15th to return my rented Rezound to get the Nexus, I think I am going to wait to the absolute last minute so I can see how the feedback is from people using the phone and if it is a nightmare or not. If it is then I will stick with the Rezound with the superior screen/camera/video.

Wile the camera and video are nice, I don't think it has the superior screen. I cant wait to take mine back. The screen is nice though, I took off the screen protector for the first time last night and was like wow! Can't wait to see the GNex.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Or maybe Verizon's LTE network sucks. I can understand if one phone is having issues, but it seems like every major phone has struggled with Verizon's network. No wonder Apple passed on having a 4G phone.

Its new technology I think for VZW. I wonder if AT&T will learn from some of VZW's problems.

potam

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site

you have to remember that it may be a while before Rezound gets ICS

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
except they knew about the thunderbolt bugs and launched it anyway. Not to mention for both tb and bionic it took months to issue a fix and with the tb the update( which they supposedly test so much) made the phone worse with random reboots, voicemail not showing up, etc

In that case, carry on. :) I didn't know how the TBolt release went. So, if what you say is true, that definitely sets a (bad) precedent for releasing a buggy phone. That said though, as I've said numerous times now in various threads, there comes a time when the loss of potential sales (particularly in a holiday shopping season) by withholding a device that may have minor bugs outweighs the potential loss of sales by releasing the device with the minor bugs and updating after release. And again, if the bugs are minor (if at all), I think that time has already come and gone.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
P3droid had the LTE version! So did BMX as far as I know. Also why do they have to send anything to a tech blog? Here we go with the incredible again. VZW NEVER announced a Nexus 1, and NEVER had any in stock!!! How will we never get the GNEX when it's sitting in stores and some have even been sold??? Come on people lets be a little rational!

BMX may have been less than truthful about a few things including claiming that Verizon had the phone when they in fact did not. He abandoned his Twitter for the duration in the face of multiple people attempting to get confirmation that there were not problems with the phone. Let's not forget two things when considering what he's said.
1. He works for Google, not VZW
2. He stated in this forum that there are no leaks, just controlled releases of limited information.

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site

No one said "Immediately" but 5 or 6 weeks after announcing the phone would have been nice. If this situation is true (and I highly doubt that it is), I'm willing to bet that Verizon will miraculously be able to fix this problem at the last minute at the end of the year. But aside from all this, if the phone was this buggy why ship all those phones to retailers......doesn't make much sense.