Thunderbolt Pre Announcement Waiting Room & Availability Thread.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
DolfanCole.... Are you saying that if they released them a couple months apart that some would buy the iPhone on 2/10 and then on 4/1 but the Tbolt?

That would be the only scenario I can see where VZW would make more money by releasing them sperately. Help me understnad if I misunderstood.
Thanks.

No, that's not the scenario at all. It's the meer fact that separating releases brings more overall customers that simultaneous ones. One scenario is that separated releases allows for focused marketing on a single item, which will bring customers in for that specific item. And doing it again for the next item. It'll also help capture those that are in the market for a phone, not necessarily for a smartphone. If this marketing strategy didn't work, then they wouldn't use it so often. Very similar to the "sum of the parts is greater than the whole".

roxy surf

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
If it is being released this soon, wouldn't we have seen advertising by now? We're seeing Iphone commercials all over the place...what is the closest we've received release date info to the release date? (hope that last sentence makes sense, lol) I just remember wait for the original BB Storm...waiting forever for the release date to be announced, then waiting another month for the actual release.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Does Verizon need to advertise it, they have done soft launches before, they may only heavily market it in the 4G markets themselves, let BB handle it.

One key factor that I think has been overlooked. Verizon will be taking Pre-Orders for the iPhone starting on February 3rd, a good solid week in advance, for their Verizon customers that is. That will be one solid week of early sales and will take care of the big tsunami hitting the stores.

This could be the plan to allow for BB to get the ThunderBolt customers early like we see for a lot of other smartphones offered on Best Buy in advance of the carriers.

racinbill

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Is there a "methadone" for the tbolt ? a DINC? I really want to beleive 2/11-2/14 but this is just crazy. Last week I was told by an online chat tech to follow up this Wednesday. If I hear nothing by Firday I will assume we are looking at March :(

roxy surf

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Does Verizon need to advertise it, they have done soft launches before, they may only heavily market it in the 4G markets themselves, let BB handle it.

One key factor that I think has been overlooked. Verizon will be taking Pre-Orders for the iPhone starting on February 3rd, a good solid week in advance, for their Verizon customers that is. That will be one solid week of early sales and will take care of the big tsunami hitting the stores.

This could be the plan to allow for BB to get the ThunderBolt customers early like we see for a lot of other smartphones offered on Best Buy in advance of the carriers.
I've never really paid much attention to soft releases, mainly because I'm used to waiting and waiting for the heavily advertised...thanks, good point on that and your right, the pre-orders are being overlooked, I didn't even think of that. (I keep forgetting BB stands for "Best Buy" and not "Blackberry" here lol) Needless to say, I can't wait to get rid of this Blackberry

danthman

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Is it better for Verizon if I wait 26 months between phones because I'm holding out for a 4G handset, or is it better if I only wait 25 months? Which is better for Verizon's bottom line? What about HTC's bottom line?

How much does the "buzz" created by a new release affect the ultimate total sales of the product? If the Thunderbolt is on the market for a month longer, but there isn't as much excitement about the phone, will it come out even in the end because the phone either sells at a slower rate for a longer time or a faster rate for a shorter time?

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
And that ladies and gentlemen is why Verizon CAN and WILL launch the thunderbolt with the iphone. People who want an iphone are not going to care what you try to offer.

Exactly. The iPhone will sell no matter what. The Thunderbolt being the first LTE phone will also most likely sell no matter what. I don't see launching around the same time harming either device's sales.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
That would work save the fact that Iphone fanboys think because it has 4 in the name the Iphone 4 is a 4g device... ah what it must be like to be blissfully unaware...

No, actually. If they're a fanboy they'll know that the '4' is because its the fourth generation. The ones you're talking about are the same ones that can be conned into thinking the Motorola Devour is a good device, or that the Blackberry Storm II is on the same level as a Droid 2 or a Fascinate.

racinbill

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
So I called my local VZW owned retail to ask if they had a date when they would announce the Tbolt. I was told for the tenth time that they have no dates and that they find out the same day I do.

When I said I would need to call and check with Sprint since they have a 4g device and I need a 4g device he said that while he did not know for sure, that he had heard the Tbolt might release when the iPhone comes out, or maybe earlier. He told me if I could hold off a couple weeks I might be happier.

Now....
Does anyone feel like we are Charlie Brown and VZW is Lucy holding the football. We are running up to kick it off...and ....

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
So I called my local VZW owned retail to ask if they had a date when they would announce the Tbolt. I was told for the tenth time that they have no dates and that they find out the same day I do.

When I said I would need to call and check with Sprint since they have a 4g device and I need a 4g device he said that while he did not know for sure, that he had heard the Tbolt might release when the iPhone comes out, or maybe earlier. He told me if I could hold off a couple weeks I might be happier.

Now....
Does anyone feel like we are Charlie Brown and VZW is Lucy holding the football. We are running up to kick it off...and ....

Verizon (and other carriers) are known for blurting things out when someone mentions another carrier in order to entice the customer to stay, regardless of how true what they just said is or is not. Not saying he's lying, but I'd take it with a grain of salt.

racinbill

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Verizon (and other carriers) are known for blurting things out when someone mentions another carrier in order to entice the customer to stay, regardless of how true what they just said is or is not. Not saying he's lying, but I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Thanks, That's what I was inferring with the Charlie Brown comment. They keep promising it soon to make me think it wil be then they pull the football away at the last minute.
;)

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

I find it extremely hard to believe that he's telling you the truth at all. If they found out the same time we did... I mean really. Just think about that for a second and you'll see it.

I say release the TB and iPhone at the sametime. And may the best phone win.

THAT'S the right attitude! <3

leehblanc

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I was one of the optimistic ones, but with every day that passes without a leaked date or SOME kind of information, the more I think we're looking at a March release. Truthfully, I don't know if I can wait that long. I've been through the Droid X 2.2 mess, and now the Fascinate mess. I've been trying since JUNE to get a large screen phone with 2.2 Verizon has offered to consider terminating my contract, and frankly, I'm about a week from taking them up on it. It's getting sickening watching everyone else in the house (3 EVOs, 1 EVO Shift and an Ally) use the apps and features I can't.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I talked to a friend who manages a store and asked if he had a date yet and his response was not yet. I'm almost positive he would have told me if he knew but then again maybe he hasn't looked very hard. I sure hope its released next month but if not my Dinc will make it until it is released.

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I was one of the optimistic ones, but with every day that passes without a leaked date or SOME kind of information, the more I think we're looking at a March release. Truthfully, I don't know if I can wait that long. I've been through the Droid X 2.2 mess, and now the Fascinate mess. I've been trying since JUNE to get a large screen phone with 2.2 Verizon has offered to consider terminating my contract, and frankly, I'm about a week from taking them up on it. It's getting sickening watching everyone else in the house (3 EVOs, 1 EVO Shift and an Ally) use the apps and features I can't.

Couple things.

First of all, that is a good offer from Verizon. If you're not happy, and they're offering that, I would seriously consider taking them up on it. It's your money and you shouldn't throw it at them for NO reason.

Have you asked them for, what I would assume to be, another phone replacement? Or if you're still under the return policy, just switch it out for $30/$70 whatever it is now, and wait for the TBolt to come out, and return the phone you're going to replace the Fascinate with for the TBolt.

Idk, just some possible solutions.

ythot26

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

I agree. all these people are giving us reports that verizon employees are telling them it'll be February 11th, Feb 14th, whatnot, yet no solid info is coming out, and it's only like 3 weeks till then from now. these employees could just be blowing smoke in our faces and hoping we just wait, wait, and wait. hopefully i'm wrong and it does come out mid-feb, but that's looking less and less likely by the day

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnetteConnor