"unfortunately contacts has stopped working" -- grrr

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Im not rooted, never had the need. My verizon note 4 is still doing it. It may be an android issue as mentioned since its happening to other phones.

I hope we dont have to wait for lollipop for a fix. While im looking forward to the upgrade, its not a must for me, touchwiz works fine w kitkat on my note4, i bought the note4 for what it is, not what it might be.. lol. Call me crazy

Verizon Note4 w/ Tech 21 case

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Happened to me a couple of times and just started in the last 2 days. Note 4 on ATT, not rooted.

Posted via the Android Central App

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Same thing with me! I also did the steps mentioned to correct the problem. But it came back ..

Posted via the Android Central App

I've got the same thing too. It's been happening off & on for about the last 10 days. I tried clearing the cache in contacts but still received the same error again yest. However, when I go into my contacts, all seems to be fine?

Posted From MY Next Big Thing!!

MalinoisK9

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Mine did this a couple times in the beginning of the week bu haven't seen it since. Not sure if this had anything to do with it but I had disabled hang outs when I got the phone and had just allowed it access when the errors happened.

hyosilver

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
This just started for me today and here is a fix that worked for me. Your milage may vary but it's worth a try. Disable Google +. I tried all the other stuff, soft reset, etc etc and this worked instantly. Give it a go!

godsidekurt

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just got the note yesterday and am having the same issue. Also wondered if you guys are having trouble pictures loading? I saw it specifically in the contacts app but now notice it in other areas like messenging and the play store. The images start out empty and then load after a few seconds...it's almost like it doesn't save them and has to load them each time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz