"unfortunately contacts has stopped working" -- grrr

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I disabled Google + and uninstalled it's updates. Fixed the problem for me. I don't really use Google + anymore anyways. Not sure why Google + likes to keep track of our contacts but it's using them obviously or else we wouldn't be getting that error.

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
It still keeps happening to me to, but it still let's me in my contacts.

Posted via the Android Central App

I saw somewhere in Android Central a few days ago, Goggle is doing some sort of a "overhaul on contacts", don't know if this could be reason for it?? It seems the issue has been fairly recent for pretty much everyone & so was the news about revamping contacts...We'll see I guess???

Posted From MY Next Big Thing!!

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I saw somewhere in Android Central a few days ago, Goggle is doing some sort of a "overhaul on contacts", don't know if this could be reason for it?? It seems the issue has been fairly recent for pretty much everyone & so was the news about revamping contacts...We'll see I guess???

Posted From MY Next Big Thing!!

Do you have a link to that article?

via Note 4 on Verizon Wireless

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

ardentical

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
you can try going into Google+ settings > account > contacts and uncheck 'keep contacts up to date'. Not had the error message for 3 hours so hoping that's done it!

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
That option was never checked for me in any version of Google+ and I was getting the error.

via Note 4 on Verizon Wireless

david rowland1

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
And me. I've cleared the cache and done a full reset. Only put basic apps back on that were all there pre lollipop update. All was well before that. The problem still persists oh and my alarm clock doesn't work either now. Does anyone have any ideas?

same. I need the alarm clock every day but it just hasn't been going off, I thought I was sleeping threw them at first, but no.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
This happened every single time I opened the dialer app on my old RAZR M.I could never call anyone.

I've seen it a few times while in random apps on my note 4. I want to say it started when I installed ifont but I'm not positive.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
It just happened to me again after a reboot. I haven't seen that error message in about a week.

dotheDEW82

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
I have noticed with Lollipop when you turn your phone on silent it also says "No interruptions (not even alarm)" . This could be why your alarm isnt working. I still havent found out how to get rid of that "not even alarms" part. I have just been putting my phone on vibrate instead of silent when i sleep now. Hope that helps a little.

Eric M4

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue as everyone else with the contacts and I have never used Google+, never even signed into it. I am also getting google play services with the same error message. I have a S5, Android 5.0. I did a factory reset after the update as well as the cache wipe that I have seen people talk about... still getting error messages.

I am also having the alarm issue, I thought I was sleeping through them as well, but apparntly not. I do see in the morning that I have "missed" an alarm, but it never went off. I have the phone turned up, volume on etc.. Not a happy camper with 5.0 :-(

catberryday

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
This happened every single time I opened the dialer app on my old RAZR M.I could never call anyone.

I've seen it a few times while in random apps on my note 4. I want to say it started when I installed ifont but I'm not positive.

I have had Ifont installed way before this started happening. It has happened to me only once last weekend. I doubt that app is the cause. For me it only happened after the latest G+ update.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Now Google Play Services is doing the same thing and it's done it several times already. Very frustrating.

Robert Duncan3

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Go into settings click applications goto all not SD card running or downloaded it's all the way right scroll down to contacts and unchecked show notifications I was getting the message every time I touched the phone hasn't done it in a while I'm using a note 4