"unfortunately contacts has stopped working" -- grrr

FL3773

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
And me. I've cleared the cache and done a full reset. Only put basic apps back on that were all there pre lollipop update. All was well before that. The problem still persists oh and my alarm clock doesn't work either now. Does anyone have any ideas?

FL3773

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
LuciH, make sure your pictures, etc. are backed up to sd card or cloud and do a factory reset (you'll probably lose txts). It'll take you to the base lollipop version which will fix the alarm clock issue, battery draining, and speed. It, however, did not fix the contacts issue. I'm so trying to find a fox for that too.

Last edited:

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Mine has been doing this to. In fact, I updated a contact and later on the data was lost. Tried a third time... See if it works...
Puzzled

Posted via the Android Central App

Jason Blonar

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm having this problem as well; it's occurred ever since I got the lollipop update. I've reset, cleared the cache/data and it still happens. I wonder if this is also connected to the seemingly random changing of the background on my phone back to the default.

If anyone has a solution, please tell me.

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I ran across a tip..
I disabled Google+
No problems since. However, it sucks because I'm one of the 10 people who use it!

Posted via the Android Central App

MarkInMLB

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
I've been having this same problem for about a week now. Ran across the suggestion that it was related to Google+, and the recommendation to disable it. Did so today and restarted. OK so far, but since it was so random regarding time, the best I can do it repost if I see the warning again. If this indeed turns out to be related to G+, I hope Google gets to it soon. Like bontjes, I'm another of the 10 that use it...

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I disabled my google + this morning so we shall see. That leaves what.. 7 people using it now? Lol!!!

If this fixes the issue than hopefully we get an update to Google + soon

Verizon Note4 w/ Otterbox Defender

jkierst920

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
I have also had the problem with Verizon note 4. I still use google + as well, but mostly for picture backup. Instead of disabling, I instead uninstalled all updates as I only started having this problem recently, and figured I must be a recent update (I hope). I will let you ya know if it works.

jkierst920

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Well....10hrs now....no errors, usually don't go by more than two hours without getting it. So far so good, will update tomorrow. But so far it looks like you only have to uninstall updates instead of disable.

mayamalamadingdong

jkierst920

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Well its been two days, seems like uninstalling google + updates has worked. Guess will have to wait for a fix from Google before updating again.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Was happening to me too. Thought it was just my phone. Unfortunately I can't disable Google+ as I use it quite a bit for beta testing and several Communities I'm part of. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

via Note 4 on Verizon Wireless

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow