Verizon Galaxy Nexus (Prime) Waiting Room

ibejack96

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Well seeing that At&T just got the Nexus S, I don't see them getting NP for a while :(

I don't know... AT&T got the nexus one pretty soon after (at least not this late) and if its gonna launch on Verizon, I would say its probably going to launch on AT&T too.

Bestphonever

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I made a little word document to print out so I can compare the size of a 4.6 inch screen next to my phone. I also played around with it to make it look like my phone. The screens sizes are exact, matched to the correct aspect ratios and sizes on both phones. I honesty don't think a 4.6 inch device will be too big.
EvoNexus.jpg

attached the doc if anyone want's to print it out.
Download Screen_size_Evo_vs_Nexus_Prime.docx for free on Filesonic.com

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I made a little word document to print out so I can compare the size of a 4.6 inch screen next to my phone. I also played around with it to make it look like my phone. The screens sizes are exact, matched to the correct aspect ratios and sizes on both phones. I honesty don't think a 4.6 inch device will be too big.
EvoNexus.jpg

attached the doc if anyone want's to print it out.
Download Screen_size_Evo_vs_Nexus_Prime.docx for free on Filesonic.com
Well done ipatella. Finally a visual for those who think 4.6 is massive.

You have proved its THE SAME.

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
While not outright confirmation, I am getting pretty excited about the fact that there seems to be a Sammy phone out there lining up with what Phil said and what BGR reported. And just when I was starting to get frustrated ...

KittenMittens

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

Did you see my post a few pages back? I posted pictures to show a comparison between a 4.6 inch display and the 4.3 inch Thunderbolt which should be pretty close to the same size as your Evo. The difference is pretty minimal when you consider that the navigation buttons will be on screen in Ice Cream Sandwich. Edit: Oh, I just realized you said you don't think it will be too big, yeah I'm with you on that.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/rumored-devices/106291-nexus-prime-44.html#post1158287

Last edited:

Bestphonever

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Did you see my post a few pages back? I posted pictures to show a comparison between a 4.6 inch screen and the 4.3 inch Thunderbolt which should be pretty close to the same size as your Evo. The difference is pretty minimal when you consider that the navigation buttons will be on screen in Ice Cream Sandwich.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/rumored-devices/106291-nexus-prime-44.html#post1158287

I saw that. I even used the website you posted to get my dimensions. I made rectangles on word to print my own set and thought why not just finish the damn thing. Thanks for your original post dude.

KittenMittens

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
While not outright confirmation, I am getting pretty excited about the fact that there seems to be a Sammy phone out there lining up with what Phil said and what BGR reported. And just when I was starting to get frustrated ...

Yeah same here, and now that we have the model number GT-I9250, it's going to make it much easier to find more info on it, especially when more people start testing the device.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Great to see everything coming together into place. So now we know what specs to expect, the launch window and Verizon is in. Now I just want to know what ICS is going to be like.

KittenMittens

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I really hope the October launch pans out. I just need to figure out how I'm going to sell my Thunderbolt, might just sell my Incredible too, depends on how much I can get for it. If I get the Nexus I'm going to have to pay full retail, but it sounds like it's going to be worth it.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Pretty much the same for me. Selling the Thunderbolt the second the date is confirmed by Google to come to Verizon and buying this outright.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
It would be cool for all carriers to get and release it at the same time so everyone here could be happy. If not you know who ever it will be available for first will be the lucky ones and will show them off here. I'll be so jealous , Sprint you need to be first.:)

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Sure hope Sprint is first in line, they seem to be the Android top carrier now. Just this Summer they have released the Nexus-S 4G...EVO-3D...Photon 4G...Galaxy S2 in September...Verizon didn't release that many high end Droid phones.

I like the idea, of releasing 4 Nexus-Primes all at once, for each carrier in the U.S., that will give us consumer some good competition, and decide on price and service first. I thought that was Google's original plan with the Nexus-One ?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid