Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Verizon has been SO disappointing in ALL of this. Of all the carriers I really believe VZW has been the least informed and the least helpful. I am going to make a huge generalization here, but I feel like Verizon thinks they are Apple or something. They just don't think they have to DO anything for the customer, it seems. The bare minimum is what I'm seeing. And god am I sick of them TAKING AWAY stuff to sell their own crap. Bloatware I can handle...I'll disable, uninstall or ignore as necessary. But to actually HIDE the Samsung cloud full backup...to refuse to implement the new menu layout, and whenever I get a VM I get THEIR alert trying to get me to go with visual voicemail. Ain't doing it. I don't trust them with any more information than I HAVE to give them.

Sorry...wrong direction for this thread. I talked to a store rep today and he said he wasn't sure when they would have replacements but it would be "some time in the next couple of weeks".

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Verizon has been SO disappointing in ALL of this. Of all the carriers I really believe VZW has been the least informed and the least helpful. I am going to make a huge generalization here, but I feel like Verizon thinks they are Apple or something. They just don't think they have to DO anything for the customer, it seems. The bare minimum is what I'm seeing. And god am I sick of them TAKING AWAY stuff to sell their own crap. Bloatware I can handle...I'll disable, uninstall or ignore as necessary. But to actually HIDE the Samsung cloud full backup...to refuse to implement the new menu layout, and whenever I get a VM I get THEIR alert trying to get me to go with visual voicemail. Ain't doing it. I don't trust them with any more information than I HAVE to give them.

Sorry...wrong direction for this thread. I talked to a store rep today and he said he wasn't sure when they would have replacements but it would be "some time in the next couple of weeks".
As long as it's no later than the 29th so we can ALL rush to the stores on the 30th.:p

Peace. Alan

Last edited:

dogdooley

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

I couldn't agree more!!!!!! When everything goes to LTE in a few years, maybe we can get one phone for all carriers and eliminate carrier specific software. I guess when you have the best network in the country, you can get away with all kinds of crap!

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I couldn't agree more!!!!!! When everything goes to LTE in a few years, maybe we can get one phone for all carriers and eliminate carrier specific software. I guess when you have the best network in the country, you can get away with all kinds of crap!

That's just it...they have become complacent...and frankly I do think T-Mobile is starting to shake things up. AT&T used to be VZWs biggest competitor, and I guess they still are ultimately, but I wouldn't ignore what T-Mobile is doing...not for one second. I in fact took them for a test run...and would have stuck with them as their wifi calling is TRULY wifi calling (would never know you aren't on a landline) and it worked everywhere I needed it to work...EXCEPT my boyfriend's house! He doesn't have wifi at all and while I could connect to a tower, for some reason that particular tower is "highly congested" which T-Mobile was even able to confirm/acknowledge multiple times, but they were unwilling or unable to indicate when they would fix the congestion issue. And I got tired of waiting. I would have loved to have remained a T-Mobile customer. But speeds that dropped down to what seemed even LESS than 2G during peak hours was completely unacceptable. The only time I could surf the internet and/or watch Netflix and/or hotspot my iPad was at 5:30 a.m.!

I don't see why we can't go to one "unlocked" phone NOW. The iPhone was like that last time I used one. One phone, worked on all carriers. Or am I confusing my iPad. And I had a brief stint with the Samsung unlocked US Galaxy S7 which could work on ALL US Carriers. But it wasn't capable of VZW wifi calling. Because I don't think VZW is implementing their "wifi" calling via the normal methods the phone is built to support, but rather I think they introduced yet another back door method that forces us to use their servers or SOMETHING. Because wifi calling on VZW, especially if Advanced calling is activated, SUCKS. It's unusable for me. Actually turning off advanced makes wifi calling sound as you would expect...but I shouldn't have to turn features on and off.

Oh boy, there I went again...

ETA: Ooooh....ooh...I forgot to add, the rep looked up information online about what I need to have with me to do the exchange and he said the memo he was reading said we only need to bring the phone. So that's been floating out there and I'm just adding my 2 cents...or something (and it's probably worth even less than that). Anyway, I will bring the box and accessories/stuff when I do my exchange but it's staying in the car and will remain there unless it's demanded of me.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
...I've been peeking in on the Verizon thread on Howard Forums to keep up with the new hurdles you guys face
Howard Forums, OMG! LOVED that site! I haven't been there in ages. Just had to login to see when; my last post was in 2010, and I joined July, 2004 when I first started using bitpim for my LG flip phones! Ugh, talk about being old as dirt :/

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
That's just it...they have become complacent...and frankly I do think T-Mobile is starting to shake things up. AT&T used to be VZWs biggest competitor, and I guess they still are ultimately, but I wouldn't ignore what T-Mobile is doing...not for one second. I in fact took them for a test run...and would have stuck with them as their wifi calling is TRULY wifi calling (would never know you aren't on a landline) and it worked everywhere I needed it to work...EXCEPT my boyfriend's house! He doesn't have wifi at all and while I could connect to a tower, for some reason that particular tower is "highly congested" which T-Mobile was even able to confirm/acknowledge multiple times, but they were unwilling or unable to indicate when they would fix the congestion issue. And I got tired of waiting. I would have loved to have remained a T-Mobile customer. But speeds that dropped down to what seemed even LESS than 2G during peak hours was completely unacceptable. The only time I could surf the internet and/or watch Netflix and/or hotspot my iPad was at 5:30 a.m.!

I don't see why we can't go to one "unlocked" phone NOW. The iPhone was like that last time I used one. One phone, worked on all carriers. Or am I confusing my iPad. And I had a brief stint with the Samsung unlocked US Galaxy S7 which could work on ALL US Carriers. But it wasn't capable of VZW wifi calling. Because I don't think VZW is implementing their "wifi" calling via the normal methods the phone is built to support, but rather I think they introduced yet another back door method that forces us to use their servers or SOMETHING. Because wifi calling on VZW, especially if Advanced calling is activated, SUCKS. It's unusable for me. Actually turning off advanced makes wifi calling sound as you would expect...but I shouldn't have to turn features on and off.

Oh boy, there I went again...

ETA: Ooooh....ooh...I forgot to add, the rep looked up information online about what I need to have with me to do the exchange and he said the memo he was reading said we only need to bring the phone. So that's been floating out there and I'm just adding my 2 cents...or something (and it's probably worth even less than that). Anyway, I will bring the box and accessories/stuff when I do my exchange but it's staying in the car and will remain there unless it's demanded of me.

On the BLUE your coffee's cold; go get another cup.
On the RED I'm wearin' some jungle pants and I'll have all the accessories in a few pockets and the Box crushed flat in my back pocket. :p

Peace. Alan.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
On the BLUE your coffee's cold; go get another cup.
On the RED I'm wearin' some jungle pants and I'll have all the accessories in a few pockets and the Box crushed flat in my back pocket. :p

Peace. Alan.

I better make sure it's decaf.... And LOL at jungle pants...which I'm not even sure what those are but can only imagine (and will likely google).

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
but I wouldn't ignore what T-Mobile is doing...not for one second.

When they are advertising a fee phone after 24 month finance agreement, they are starting to sound like Verizon by another name. From what I've been seeing as of late, they aren't an "un-carrier." They are like any other carry, just with different ways of marketing.

VaDroid9

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
So I was at a verizon store in northern va Friday night and asked them about getting a loaner. They were like okay cool let's sign u in and we'll be right with u so after about 10 min which included a new iPhone 7 customer and her mother there wondering why the daughters phone wouldn't work. A lady came over and asked if they activated the phone they could just call the number and didn't have to come into the store. The mom rudely told her we'll call u if we need u. The rep stormed away mumbling why did u come in here then. Lol After she calmed down she came over to me and asked why I was there. I told her to replace my note 7. She says oh, well if u don't wanna wait in this line (6th/45 min) we'll have the new phones Monday. Also they just released a download that protects the battery! I was like yea, okay... what about a list so that I can get one of the phones and not wait. She said oh no we don't have any list, l haven't heard anything like that! So yea just come in Monday the 19th and we should have them... at least that's what I heard on the news! I was like wtf!!! I just walked out. But on my way out the iphoneys were like excuse me ms I think u were right, can u help us? Haha

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
What have you gleaned from over there? Anything transcendental?

Peace. Alan
Same old crying about how Verizon can't kick them off unlimited and how they pay good money for unlimited and it should be truly unlimited and not unofficially capped at 100.
The unlimited users that got this loop hole unlimited plan that cost like $9 total for the complete service all got letters and then terminated, lol....

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Same old crying about how Verizon can't kick them off unlimited and how they pay good money for unlimited and it should be truly unlimited and not unofficially capped at 100.
The unlimited users that got this loop hole unlimited plan that cost like $9 total for the complete service all got letters and then terminated, lol....
Awwww..... you're mean, Snidely. :p

Peace. Alan

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone anywhere been able to locate a Verizon store with the replacements?

I've called all my local stores and one in Montana with zero luck. :'(

Last edited:

bluesboy77

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
No luck here in Boise, ID. The corporate store down the street from my office acted like they never heard about this recall and the replacement phones, all they care about is the new iPhone.

Samsung and Verizon really dropped the ball on customer service, Verizon being the worse of the two. If there was another carrier that worked reliably for me in all the places I travel in Southern Idaho I would switch, but sadly Verizon is the only reliable service here.

I will be at the Verizon store when they open on Wednesday if they don't give me a replacement phone I'll be pissed. If they don't have them yet fine, but they better start acting like they know what the hell is going on with the Note 7. I will be leaving my box and all accessories out in the car and only give them up if they are demanded of me for the exchange. I may even keep the s-pen.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
i have asked verizon (on chat) three times since the "no later than the 21st) announcement and each time they said i could swap for a replacement note 7 on the 21st. no waffling from any of them, they said the 21st was the day. i plan on calling that morning to have mine shipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.