Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayokb

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Been following this thread awhile, thought I'd share my experience.

I bought my Note7 from a Verizon store here in Missouri and have been dealing with unclear and inconsistant responses from Verizon operators and in store personnel as well anytime I ask questions.

I went to Best Buy today (for something not Note7 related) when I passed by the Samsung clerk exchanging a recalled Note7 for a new one. I asked her if they had them in and she said yes, but only for exchanges. She also said that they were getting them by carrier, and they already had Sprint and AT&T, but had just received a box of Verizon Note7s. So after I left Best Buy I called my Verizon store and the employee told me they didn't have them in yet and Samsung won't be shipping till mid October. I told him that Best Buy had them in now and he just responded that they'll email when they get there's. Not satisfied, I drove to the store. I have a friend who works at the this Verizon store and had been on a vacation till recently. I asked her if they had any in stock and she said no, but they will, for sure, Wednesday. I told her about Best Buy. She said she thought it was strange that Best Buy would receive Verizon Note7s before the Verizon retail stores did, and that might mean they'll have them available tomorrow.

I asked her about accessories (stuff that came in the box) too. She said return whatever you have, and whatever you don't return they'll take out of the new box. She also said you have to exchange for the color you originally purchased.

Long story short, she said she'll grab one for me when they come in and call me.

Don't know if this helps anyone, but that's my story!

WyDave

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Ya'll need to jump on the other carrier Note 7 recall pages.

Thier pages/posts are all the same as this page is.

Everyone needs to calm down. This is an upresidented recall.

Had Samsung done this recall like others have (just kept selling till the Government said STOP/NO, the replacement phones would be nowhere NEAR as close as they are now.

Maybe this is a wake up call to always have a back-up???

Ya know, take responsibility of YOUR part. As I posted earlier, if this was a car recall we would be in a WORSE boat than we are now.

JohnT3

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
It's funky with this "having the phones no later than the 21st" schpeel that Samsung gave. They should have just said "on the 21st, we'll start doing exchanges." You know we'd all be super upset if we went in on the 21st and they were like "sorry, sold them all yesterday, you should have called!"

dogdooley

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Ya'll need to jump on the other carrier Note 7 recall pages.

Thier pages/posts are all the same as this page is.

Everyone needs to calm down. This is an upresidented recall.

Had Samsung done this recall like others have (just kept selling till the Government said STOP/NO, the replacement phones would be nowhere NEAR as close as they are now.

Maybe this is a wake up call to always have a back-up???

Ya know, take responsibility of YOUR part. As I posted earlier, if this was a car recall we would be in a WORSE boat than we are now.

Kind of like the exploding Tesla!. It's a good thing there weren't 2.5 million of those on the road!

dakini03

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
As of right now at least Verizon has resumed sales of the Note 7 to anyone who wants one. Earlier today they were listed as out of stock, but they're now showing as available to be ordered.

dogdooley

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
As of right now at least Verizon has resumed sales of the Note 7 to anyone who wants one. Earlier today they were listed as out of stock, but they're now showing as available to be ordered.

I just checked this as well! So I can buy a new Note7 online tonight, but I can't replace my defective one until maybe Wednesday! Gotta love the communication skills of VZW!

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just checked this as well! So I can buy a new Note7 online tonight, but I can't replace my defective one until maybe Wednesday! Gotta love the communication skills of VZW!
Holy crap that's irritating. I thought they weren't supposed to sell them until all the defective ones were replaced. Grrrrr.
Just called in and asked if they could send one for exchange since they're listed as in stock online. NOPE. Got to go to the store the morning of the 21st. I'm half tempted to return this one for a full refund tomorrow, then buy the new one online. How aggravating.

Last edited:

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Holy crap that's irritating. I thought they weren't supposed to sell them until all the defective ones were replaced. Grrrrr.
Just called in and asked if they could send one for exchange since they're listed as in stock online. NOPE. Got to go to the store the morning of the 21st. I'm half tempted to return this one for a full refund tomorrow, then buy the new one online. How aggravating.

I thought the same thing. But I'll just wait and see how it goes on the 21st. If they don't have my blue coral available then I'm going to ask them to ship it to me.

OmegaSW

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I had my own trouble at T-Mobile in which corporate was on speaker instructing the store manager to lend me a loaner phone without processing it as a jump on my lease and the store manager refused even though it was what T-Mobile instructed me to do through text and through speaker.

Thus Corporate got me out of my lease and I returned the phone last week, and tonight I ordered on Verizon as a new customer. I hope I have better luck here, but everyone looks just as upset as I am. I guess no one is handling this correctly.

Nvincible

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I just went through the whole checkout process just to see the delivery info. You can order a brand new one and get it delivered by 10:30 or pickup in store both on the 21st. They must have gotten in a ton of them to be able to exchange and sell... Or, they are being Verizon!

Kalkarni00

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I just went through the whole checkout process just to see the delivery info. You can order a brand new one and get it delivered by 10:30 or pickup in store both on the 21st. They must have gotten in a ton of them to be able to exchange and sell... Or, they are being Verizon!

That's great!

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
I've been giving Verizon a very hard time on Twitter this morning haha. Even went as far as to tell them that holding the note 7s in their stock rooms until deadline won't help their iPhone sells lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred