VZW Share Everything Plans

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I will say different companies have difference contracts so while yours may not discount data, another company will. However, for me, if it's only on the first line then I get less off than my current plan. Something to think about. I will still have to review the overall cost benefits (if any). Thanks again for the info.

No problem. I guess one thing I should tell you is the CS rep never asked me about what company I worked for. She made it sound like they only had one policy that applied to everyone. I hope for your sake she was wrong. Good luck

steven252000

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
This whole things sucks.....Some are being told the "pre order" of SGIII will lock you in if you have unlimited and others are being told no...that you will be made to switch to a new plan. Which is it? Many would like to know for sure so they can make a decsion on what to do. In my case I would probably get a Maxx. It will sooo suck if many people wait thinking they are locked in and then really are not knowing had they been told this they could have picked a different phone. By the time this happens it would be too late to change.

mpower13

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Just called VZW (2:30PM ET), and was told that even though I preordered the S3 on June 6th, my unlimited data would NOT carry over to when the new phone shipped, and I would be on the new plan. I had her check with her supervisor, and she came back and said that preoders would NOT be covered if the phone is activated after June 28th. So another conflicting report from VZW on this.

Did you call a store or the customer service line?

skenney1993

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Called C.S. and spoke to Antonette and was told I would lose unlimited data when I activated the phone. I told her I read on the internet that VZW will let you keep your unlimited data only if you preorder the GS3. She said hold on, let me get more info. A few minutes later she got back on and said I would NOT lose my unlimited data, but nobody knows at VZW if thats the same case once we get our phones. She put a reminder on the account to call me once I sign for the phone so we can go over the activation to see whether the phones will accept the unlimited data. If it forces me into the family share everything plan, I will return the phone and pay no restocking fee. I will email the office in Georgia where the head of customer service is and see if he knows anything.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Soooooo basically the Verizon employees have no idea what is going on with regards to pre-orders.

And i read somewhere if preordering now, you are not being given a ship date at all.

It's sad, but in a lot of cases, companies don't filter this information down to employees soon enough to start fielding calls for it. It's usually a very highly level decision that's announced while the information was circulated in a company memo or brief internal annoucement and then the information trickles in over the next few days.

steven252000

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Just called VZW (2:30PM ET), and was told that even though I preordered the S3 on June 6th, my unlimited data would NOT carry over to when the new phone shipped, and I would be on the new plan. I had her check with her supervisor, and she came back and said that preoders would NOT be covered if the phone is activated after June 28th. So another conflicting report from VZW on this.

And see here we go again.....At 4:12 P.M. EST I just got off the phone with CS and at first was told I would probably have to change to a new plan but then I was put on hold while she checked her "resources". Once she came back she said..." As long as your pre-order is made before the 28th you will be able to keep your unlimited plan". I was told they would make a note on my account and I should have no problems. Now do I believe this.....well still not 100%. But chalk another one up as being told SGIII pre orders would be able to keep unlimited data plan. In fact we should start a poll and see what the % is for yes you can keep unlimited and no you will have to change to a new plan.

crspy

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I won't be able to activate my Galaxy S3 if it comes after the 29th.. Hopefully it comes before the 29th because I'm not gonna lose my unlimited..

VicVinegar

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
With the number of calls they have probably fielded today, why are CSRs still "checking" with anyone? I'm still amazed that a company like Verizon would make an announcement like this without arming their front line customer service employees with relevant information to answer questions. Did they learn nothing from the tiered data announcement? Or do they just don't care about the customers at all?

Even if they didn't have the answers at 8AM, you'd think after getting slammed with questions, they'd have a policy out to the CSRs by noon for the most common questions, which I imagine this has got to be a popular question. I mean the S3 is a major release for them.

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I called the other day and they said my unlimited would be grandfathered in and I was told the same thing today via online chat. If Verizon screws me over I will prolly leave Verizon for sprint or the simple mobile thing at walmart.

mettec

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: unlimited data and pre-order of galaxy iii @ best buy

Is this in writing anywhere that we will still keep our unlimited data if we have pre-ordered the S3? I just can see Verizon changing that when you come to pick the device up and since you didn't sign a new contract before its released and it's after June 28th they will say you will lose your unlimited.

VicVinegar

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I called the other day and they said my unlimited would be grandfathered in and I was told the same thing today via online chat. If Verizon screws me over I will prolly leave Verizon for sprint or the simple mobile thing at walmart.

I'm tempted to just to wash my hands of this company. Grab a Nexus from Google or maybe a One X and get T-Mobile prepaid for $50 a month.

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm tempted to just to wash my hands of this company. Grab a Nexus from Google or maybe a One X and get T-Mobile prepaid for $50 a month.

I know. It is a little harder for me to move because my sister and wifes lines are under contract, but they are dumb phones so it would be cheaper to buy out the contracts. If they would let us know for sure one way or the other then I could cancel my preorders and get a nexus to keep unlimited if s3 preorders can't keep it.

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: unlimited data and pre-order of galaxy iii @ best buy

when you pre-ordered you had to choose a data plan and unlimited was still an option for me so it is set at least in my mind that I have already agreed to the plan changes I committed to when I pre-ordered

VicVinegar

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I know. It is a little harder for me to move because my sister and wifes lines are under contract, but they are dumb phones so it would be cheaper to buy out the contracts. If they would let us know for sure one way or the other then I could cancel my preorders and get a nexus to keep unlimited if s3 preorders can't keep it.

Same, I'd get a Nexus or maybe even a Rezound (after some research) if it was a definite no on the S3. But if I can get it, I'd prefer the better hardware.

I've been thinking about prepaid on T-Mobile or Straight Talk for a while, I'm just worried I'll give up my unlimited data on VZW to find out both of those stink.

SAHARAT

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Verizon's Google plus account says us that pre-ordered the GS!!! are keeping our Unlimited data....

Last edited:

AndrewWestSide

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
For the past 3 months my account has stayed under 2gb by using wifi most of the time and not monitoring data the rest of the time. The 2Gb shared data plan would actually save me $11 month before taxes. More if they let me keep my employee discount. Sprint is the only other choice for me so I'll be looking into their plans before upgrading.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Verizon has really outdone itself here. Pretty incredible.

As a side note, I wish they'd just eliminate calling options. I never use it, don't want to pay for it, and if I need to call someone, Skype is on my phone.

I've been saying this to my friends and family for a long time now. We have 5 phones on my family share plan. Unlimited texting and the lowest Voice minutes we can get. I think it's 700 and we never get close to that. My wife and I had a perfectly good conversation over Google Talk the other day that sounded just fine. She was on Wifi at home and I have unlimited data. I would be in favor of dropping Voice and saving that money. BTW, I'm over 10gb with about 4 days left on my cycle. I stream alot:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796