Why does my new Galaxy Note 4 keep disconnecting and reconnecting to my Straight Talk Network?

A

AC Question

New Galaxy Note 4 keeps disconnecting and reconnecting to Straight Talk Network

A few weeks ago I bought a new Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to replace my old Iphone 4. I made sure the phone was unlocked, Straight Talk compatible and that it was an AT&T phone so I could get on that 4gLTE action.
Switching the sim card I had this issue from day one. Everything seems to be working fine and then I'll get that circle with the slash through it and it will say unable to connect to network. I'll wait a few minutes and the bars will be back. It goes back and forth all day.
I'll go to make a phone call and suddenly I am not connected to the network.
It has never dropped a call though. Once I am talking on the phone I seem to stay connected. But I am missing calls pretty often.
I have tried contacting Straight Talk multiple times but they are very unhelpful and it is very time consuming. I've been dealing with this issue for at least three weeks.
At first they sent me a new sim and then they said there was an outage and even though I told them I was having issues before the outage they still refused to do anything until I waited 24 hours. I've been brushed off, hung up on. And any minor thing they do I have to wait 24 hours to see if it works.
I am writing on here in hopes someone knows what's going on as I continue to wait for the most recent 24 hour waiting period with Straight Talk.

I am getting pretty nervous because I bought the phone new on ebay (the horrors of BYOP means there is very little security) if this is an issue with the phone itself I don't know how to go about fixing it. I can't send it back to anyone. With the way Straight Talk is dragging me around it's past the return policy and the phone is no longer new as I've been handling it for a month.

Can anybody help me? Or direct me to someone who can?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: New Galaxy Note 4 keeps disconnecting and reconnecting to Straight Talk Network

You waited too long. Now you're going to have to pay a repair shop to find out if there's anything wrong with the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23