Will AT&T Nexus 6 ever receive Android 6.0 Marshmallow? Update: YES!

Brody Jorgensen

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: No update still for the Nexus 6!!!!

This slow update is disappointing. Rogers got nexus 5 update 23 days ago and nothing for bells nexus 6 either. I thought this is why we bought a nexus, won't buy again.

Trophlin

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site

At this point I'm thinking there are bugs being fixed and will roll out with a new build number.

robh_980210

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site

3 Nexus 5, 1 Nexus 9, 1 Nexus 6 with Bell Can, Nexus 5 and 9 all have Marshmallow, still no update on Nexus 6. Disappointed with the delay for the Nexus 6.

Mike Majeski

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

Has to be a slow rollout. People need to cut Google some slack - had they done a mass rollout like Apple we'd either have long download times due to everyone hitting the server (happens all the time with iOS upgrades and everyone complains!) or there would be tons of bugs and everyone would be complaining that Google released buggy software.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

People need to cut Google some slack

More people would be likely to cut Google and the carriers some slack if either Google or any one of the carriers would acknowledge and explain either the need for absolutely no speed for this rollout or the problems they are working on which are holding up the rollout.

RonW3

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site

I'm as impatient as anyone else in regards to 6.0. That said, looking at other threads hear on 6.0 I see more problems with it than benefits. Sounds like more frustration to come when I do get the OTA.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trophlin

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site

My suspicion of bug fixes for a new build number looks to be coming to fruition for the Nexus 6. Google just released the new factory images for monthly security updates and Lollipop is the only build being updated. The Marshmallow build for the Nexus 6 is the only device that isn't being updated with a security patch. I'm guessing it will be close to a month before the Marshmallow OTA is pushed. So to all of the people that see an OTA on your Nexus 6 you will probably be let down yet again.

Last edited:

RonW3

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site

Out of morbid curiosity I removed my VZW sim and did a factory reset. During the reboot process I skipped all the Google account garbage and boom. Got the notification 6.0 was available to download. Nabbed it, reinstalled the sim, rebooted again, cleared the cache and it's done.
Phone seems much faster. Haven't seen any major bugs so far. Did notice it grabbed build MRA58K and not MRA58N which contains the November security patch.

Boneebone

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site

I have a Unlocked Nexus 6 on Verizon and I finally received the Marshmallow OTA download notification this morning at 11:30AM PST.

I completed downloading and installed it this afternoon and noticed it was build number MRA58R which has the November 1st Security Patch.

All seems to be working well so far.

Mephestopheles

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site

I have a Unlocked Nexus 6 on Verizon and I finally received the Marshmallow OTA download notification this morning at 11:30AM PST.

I completed downloading and installed it this afternoon and noticed it was build number MRA58R which has the November 1st Security Patch.

All seems to be working well so far.

What Build Number was the upgrade from? mine is LMY48W and from what I have read just about everywhere nobody has received the OTA Update with my build number.
On a side note i also have a Nexus 7 (2013 wifi) that has not received the update as well.

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Looking back.. I had the lg G3 and got the OTA for 5.0 from AT&T in mid January . 5.0 was launched in November 2014 correct? So two months later I got it here it is I have a nexus 6 and no update but yet lg G4 is getting 6.0/in Europe already and not all of the nexus devices have it that's total CRAP!!!!!

Boneebone

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site

What Build Number was the upgrade from? mine is LMY48W and from what I have read just about everywhere nobody has received the OTA Update with my build number.
On a side note i also have a Nexus 7 (2013 wifi) that has not received the update as well.

My phone upgraded from LMY48Y.

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

I sure expected my N6 to have been upgraded to Marshmallow by now. Guess it's time to pull the sim and reset.

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

I sure expected my N6 to have been upgraded to Marshmallow by now. Guess it's time to pull the sim and reset.
I did it yesterday.

I pull sim and did a factory reset got the update . everything seems fine boot up didn't change though. Still have the twirling dots.

RonW3

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site

Sounds like you got the Nov security patch instead of 6.0. I have read on other threads and on other forums that this method is hit or miss. I had tried it a couple of weeks ago with no luck. On my second attempt I got it.
The only thing I did differently the second time was skipping the Google account info input during reboot. I doubt that had anything to do with getting 6.0 except a coincidence.

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

uploadfromtaptalk1446949378561.jpg
Everything else is normal 6.0 but I don't have the spinning colors that turn into the word Android. I have the twirling dots.. Weird but no issues .. AT&T branded Nexus 6 maybe that's the reason??

Last edited:

RonW3

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site

The "twirling" linear dots of Marshmallow have replaced the dots spinning in a circle of Lollipop. Welcome to 6.0 on Nexus 6.
I like it a lot so far.

vannlambert

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Just wanted to throw it out there in case anyone with a unbranded Nexus 6 on AT&T can't get the update.I found if you wipe the device with the SIM out and go through the set up just to hook up to wifi the update comes through afterward just pop your SIM back in and your good to go. After the initial update I checked for another update and there was a patch so make sure you do that before putting the SIM back in.

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Just wanted to throw it out there in case anyone with a unbranded Nexus 6 on AT&T can't get the update.I found if you wipe the device with the SIM out and go through the set up just to hook up to wifi the update comes through afterward just pop your SIM back in and your good to go. After the initial update I checked for another update and there was a patch so make sure you do that before putting the SIM back in.
Works on branded device as well

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick