[ROM] Gingeritis 3D v1.0 Beta VIII [8-24-11]

Antiseen

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else have the dialer taking up a substantial percentage of battery? I'm at 15 percent at 1d15 hrs with 23 percent going to the dialer.

Amazing battery life, though. Stock battery.

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I may be asking a stupid noob question here, but at that risk I will anyway. I see that there is a endcall bug and a camera/gtalk bug in this. I (after reading this entire thread) see that there are fixes for these too. Will a version of this come out with the bug fixes pre-loaded? As you can see I'm not rooted but I'm getting another Bolt for the purposes of rooting. I'd like to have a ROM that has all the little bugs worked out before I load it.
Thanks and sorry if I'm being a dolt.

I do know that this is a beta.

Last edited:

d1ez3

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I restarted my phone for the first time with this ROM after setting up my home screens and everything reset back to how it was right after I flashed again. (my apps are still there though). What is the cause of this?

edit: after a second restarting the screens and icon placements seemed to stick. I suppose it was a one time thing.

Last edited:

cubez

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Just installed the camera fix zip and now i only have one skin. Anyone else have this problem. I was also missing adobe reader and adobe flash player but that wasnt a big deal i just got them from the android market.

scupperplug

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Total Newbie needs help installing this. Can someone please direct me to a concise step by step? I just re-rooted to MR1 with auto root today because VZW is still pushing updates and it crashes my phone..Halp...

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Total Newbie needs help installing this. Can someone please direct me to a concise step by step? I just re-rooted to MR1 with auto root today because VZW is still pushing updates and it crashes my phone..Halp...

The best resource is http://forums.androidcentral.com/thunderbolt-rooting-roms-hacks/77350-guide-how-backup-restore-install-roms-thunderbolt.html This will install your ROM, or what we also call flashing a ROM.

To upgrade your Radio... use the link in my signature to find a Radio... your ROM will not have a working Radio until you update your Radio... and once you download that do the following:

To flash the radio, download one, rename the zip to PG05IMG.zip if it's not already and place it on the root of your SD Card.
Boot into Bootloader: power off your phone... Turn the phone back on by holding down the volume down rocker and the power button
at the same time until the phone opens in bootloader. The zip should start running and updating the radio.
Once done reboot the phone on and remove the PG05IMG.zip from your phone or move it off the root of the sd card in another folder...
I recommend just renaming the file to something like MR2PG05IMG.zip. If its not moved or renamed after the installation it will
constantly keep trying to update the radio if you ever need to boot into bootloader again to get to recovery.

scupperplug

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
The best resource is http://forums.androidcentral.com/thunderbolt-rooting-roms-hacks/77350-guide-how-backup-restore-install-roms-thunderbolt.html This will install your ROM, or what we also call flashing a ROM.

To upgrade your Radio... use the link in my signature to find a Radio... your ROM will not have a working Radio until you update your Radio... and once you download that do the following:

To flash the radio, download one, rename the zip to PG05IMG.zip if it's not already and place it on the root of your SD Card.
Boot into Bootloader: power off your phone... Turn the phone back on by holding down the volume down rocker and the power button
at the same time until the phone opens in bootloader. The zip should start running and updating the radio.
Once done reboot the phone on and remove the PG05IMG.zip from your phone or move it off the root of the sd card in another folder...
I recommend just renaming the file to something like MR2PG05IMG.zip. If its not moved or renamed after the installation it will
constantly keep trying to update the radio if you ever need to boot into bootloader again to get to recovery.
thanks!

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok Just installed a new radio. All I want to accomplish is to stop VZW from pushing updates. Will replacing the radio do this?

You asked how to install this ROM... I told you how... if you want to keep it stock, then you should have asked that question... but if you want it stock, and just upgrade your Radio, then select not to get updates in your settings that will stop updates... but you will sit their with an old ROM.

scupperplug

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
You asked how to install this ROM... I told you how... if you want to keep it stock, then you should have asked that question... but if you want it stock, and just upgrade your Radio, then select not to get updates in your settings that will stop updates... but you will sit their with an old ROM.
Got it. Need to ask the right questions. Thanks for your help!

Bigwidge

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone notice that everything is so small? Widgets are so small It's hard to read... Examples are weatherbug, Facebook, engadget... Anyone have any solution to this? I love this ROM ny phone responds to it better than bamf but this just bugs me

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone notice that everything is so small? Widgets are so small It's hard to read... Examples are weatherbug, Facebook, engadget... Anyone have any solution to this? I love this ROM ny phone responds to it better than bamf but this just bugs me

Usually this is from the depth settings that the developer added to the rom, unless you know the exact settings you may not be able to restore the settings to stock settings.

d1ez3

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else have the dialer taking up a substantial percentage of battery? I'm at 15 percent at 1d15 hrs with 23 percent going to the dialer.

How are you getting this battery life?

I am at 66% on the extended battery and have been unplugged for 5 hours 25 minutes. Barely used the phone other than the music player and texts. Did resetting my battery stats mess anything up? I've never gotten more than 18 hours on the extended battery, never get more than 7 on the stock

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Stock battery... I guess I don't care what the Dialer percentage comes in at if I can get this battery life:

2011-08-15_08-39-52.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty