Can the Droid Charge do Wireless-N at 5Ghz?

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I just got this phone, loving it so far, but I wanted to know whether or not it can connect to Wireless-N 5Ghz networks before I go breaking my ass trying to make it do something that isn't going to work no matter what.

The 5Ghz network isn't showing up on the list. Should it? Am I the only one who can't connect to a 5Ghz network?

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
PhoneArena states it can - "Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n"

However, though it surely can do the N 2.4, I dunno about 5. Considering N is just MIMO g, why go for the 5 anyways? Were you having problems with your wireless landlines and interference at home?

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I have a N/G dual broadcast router and it will see my G network but will not see my N (5ghz) The Thunderbolt also did not see 5Ghz N networks

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
funny enough, I just upgraded to the basic wireless N linksys router from the ghetto original G linksys. I set it up with a WPA2 Personal and it connected immediately after I put the password in, no problems here. Yet, I dont know whether I am using the G frequency or the N, but I would have to assume im using 5ghz N with 40 mhz channel width.

chadness

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
funny enough, I just upgraded to the basic wireless N linksys router from the ghetto original G linksys. I set it up with a WPA2 Personal and it connected immediately after I put the password in, no problems here. Yet, I dont know whether I am using the G frequency or the N, but I would have to assume im using 5ghz N with 40 mhz channel width.

Defaul is usually 2.4 ghz only, so if you didn't specifically set it to 5 ghz, it's 2.4.

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
i dunno. i only have the chocie of "20 mhz or 40 auto" or 20 only. cant choose the 2.4 or 5. :\. Either way. I have it on N-only connections, and my wifi is much improved in stability, speed and range.

Last edited: