Random "No Sim Card" Icon and dropping signal randomly

PalmPrePlusPwns

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
My phone randomly shows a "no sim card" icon after plugging into my computer.

It has happened 3 times so far and it always happens when i plug my phone into my laptop just to charge it..

does anyone know why this is happening? thanks

rfmike

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Pull your sim and take it to Verizon, They will give you a new one for free..

My old sim in my old Rezound did the same thing.....it was a bad sim. it happens some times.

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Most people with this issue are just reseating them themselves and don't report any issues after.
+1 Mine was doing it every now and then and then constantly this past saturday. I just ejected the SIM and reseated it and havent had a problem since. Just make sure when you put the tray back in that its flush with the body of the phone.

Daktron

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I got this error message. I went to the Verizon store. They replaced the SIM card at the no cost. That resolved the problem. I think my SIM card must have been defective.

DNA1

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Good luck with the new one. I've had 6 total put in my phone and it still does it. So I went back to the Verizon fed up with problem he said he would send me refurb but it will probably do the same thing. I'm thinking about junking this phone....sorry just fed up with this issue.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to break it to you guys, but its not the SIM. Its the phones. I'm on my second SIM. I had the error with the first SIM, got a new one, and have had it once with the new SIM. On the positive side, I haven't had a SIM error in months, but I have had it since getting a new SIM.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

ten20life

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Even after the recent update, I continued to experience the SIM card issue... I even began logging every instance..

04-17-13 @ 1130
04-19 @ 0845
04-19 @ 2115
04-20 @ 0945
04-21 @ 2315
04-22 @1030 & 1038.*

At 1120hrs, 04-22-13, I broke down & applied 2 layers of clear scotch tape to the back of the SIM card and cleaned the contacts with 91% alcohol. Not a single issue since.

Worked for me, just like many others.

Sent from my HTC DNA using Tapatalk2

gev75

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I experienced this issue again yesterday 4 times. I had my DNA replaced in January and had not seen any SIM issues since then. It is rather odd that a whole bunch of us started seeing this again in the last few days. The only way to workaround the problem was to remove/reseat the SIM card. I called Verizon and HTC is requiring them to replace the phone again with the last update pre-installed. I know that it is not going to make a difference, but the replacement phone is on its' way today. This will be my 3rd hardware replacement and I have gone through 5 SIM cards. I am going to demand that they replace this with a different model if it continues to occur.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
SIM card error again. Err.

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.? -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370291171039.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370291171039.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 53

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
taking a pencil eraser to my sim card seems to help a bit. I got 2 weeks between failures. putting tape on the back of my sim card did nothing for me. I just took an eraser to my sim card again, yesterday.

D_Norm_A

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I've had my DNA for a month almost to the day and not a problem at all til yesterday. Has done it 4 times in the past 24 hrs. I just restarted the phone and it seems to work fine again.

Is everyone going with this step or actually reseating the SIM??

Sent from my DNA using Android Central Forums

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Tape on both of ours here...been problem free since. Both with SIM update, no cleaning, erasers, or anything else.

Sent from my Droid DNA

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
SIM card error again. Err.

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.? -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.

Remember how I was always saying the update worked for me Jen? Well as of two days ago I started getting the SIM card error again :(

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Awh, sorry to hear that Daniel :-( I'm thinking I might have to try my dangest to get a ONE if I keep having problems with this device. I heard from a very reliable source that the DNA is discontinued. So if that's the case, replacements could soon be scarce. Maybe I can talk my way into a ONE lol

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Awh, sorry to hear that Daniel :-( I'm thinking I might have to try my dangest to get a ONE if I keep having problems with this device. I heard from a very reliable source that the DNA is discontinued. So if that's the case, replacements could soon be scarce. Maybe I can talk my way into a ONE lol

You know, I never thought of that. As soon as I hear people are getting "free" upgrades when they run out of DNA's I'm gonna hit the verizon store. If they try to give me an S3 I'm going to T-Mobile hahaha

rebmia

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello Jennifer,ith
I purchased a DNA Dec '12 but have suffered from dropsies and shattered the screen on original and one replacement. The second replacement I rcvd just before going out of the country (USA) last month untul mid August. Never had any issue with the ois beriginal and replacement but this 3rd unit is doing exactly as being described here. Before finding this board I watched a video on youtube and did as same as is suggested here. So far, so good. Hopefully it lasts since I am not comfortable with requesting a replacement be sent here to India and then have trouble activating it, etc. Other than this issue, the phone really performs and has a great screen. Good luck to all.

mgullick

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site

WHAT? Can you let us know what your source for this info is? I've been waiting (and waiting, and waiting) for mid July to roll around so I could upgrade to the DNA. I'd be very interested to know if it is actually being discontinued. It would be a major bummer to upgrade to a phone that was discontinued right after upgrading.