First Time Rooter...

Jackamus

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
After reading this forum and XDA, I decided to take the plunge and unlock and root my VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus! It only took me several hours. But now I can do it. I decided to give the ICS 4.0.4 a spin and see how it works. So far, so good. Not really had a change to put it through the paces.

Now, I can finally say I accomplished this task. Something I have been wanting to do for a while. I was afraid of screwing my phone up and at one point, I think I did. Flashed back to the ICS 4.0.2, then back to 4.0.4, restored all my files and BAM. Working! hahah. Me Happy!!

Now this is new for me. Let me have my honeymoon phase with it! :cool: :-* :D

Reactions: oxymoron

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the Rebellion! If you really want to the power of rooting, try flashing AOKP or Liquid and see the enhancements that you can add to your phone.

Reactions: Jackamus

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Welcome man! Its an awesome place to be. I had my GNex since day 1 and kept it stock for the longest time and I must say that was a HUGE mistake. Last week I rooted and unlocked my phone and yesterday I installed my first ROM on the phone and loving it so far! If you want a good beginner ROM, I would definitely recommend LiquidSmooth 1.3 over on RootzWiki. Phone running great so far, today is my first day of a full battery test.

DB12088

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on takeing the plunge, let me say that i had some issues when i first rooted my GNex and the guys on here were awesome and very helpful in getting my phone back up and running

Reactions: dmmarck

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Yea I agree. Out of the many phones that I have had over the years everyone on AndroidCentral has been helpful and respectful. So much information is here, really don't need to go anywhere to get your Android fix!

Reactions: dmmarck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress