BEEP! Annouing beep whole night while wireless charging.

mnagy48

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I can't spell. Meant to put "annoying" not "annouing."

Ok. So I have the S3 with the Samsung Wireless Charging cover and the Pad from Verizon.

I place it on to charge. Loud beep from the pad, a boink sound from device and vibration from device indicating its now charging. Cool.

3am. I'm awoken to a beep, a boink sound and vibration from my device with a message that says it's charging. Strange. Look at the battery, it's at 100%. Figure it's the full charge notification. Annoying. Look up online if I can stop it, consensus is no its a "feature."

Whatever. Go back to sleep. From that point on, every 5 minutes what happens? Beep boink vibrate with the message. Every 5 minutes. The whole night.

I had the phone on vibrate. On silent. On loud. Turned bunch of settings off and still did it.

Does anyone else's do this? Is it with the pad or the phone? The message that keeps going off is the same message when I begin the charge. It's almost like it looses connection and reconnects every 5 minutes. Needless to say, a big pot of coffee was in order in the am.

Last edited:

mnagy48

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I tried it both. I used the volume buttons, I also switched it to silent. I noticed tonight it seems like right when the battery is at 100%, the phone disconnects from the charging pad. Then a few minutes later (or however long later, we all know how time flies when sleeping) it goes down to 99% and connects and starts to charge again (hence the reconnect notification, and the BEEP!) So it seems once charged, the pad disconnects the phone and when it realizes that its at 99% and needs charged again, it reconnects. Very annoying. I use Tasker to do a lot of things. At night, I have I USUALLY have it set to vibrate, but because the vibration is loud I set it to 5% volume and it wasn't as noticable, but the annoying beep from the pad is. Reading stuff online, it seems if you take apart the pad and remove the speaker it renders the pad useless. Weird.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
settings > sounds> notifications...set it to silent at night. You're getting an email or charge is complete as you said in the middle of the night. There's an app called audio manager or something like that that will link all 4 different ringtones (for lack of a better term in my inebriated state) together, so then you can just use the volume key on the side of the phone...like pure Android will let you...I turn my ringer to vibrate, and set the vibrate on calls really low so it will wake me up, but not annoy me with a single vibrate. It sounds to me like your system ringtone is what's getting you. Turn it down, or set it for a ringtone of SILENT.

stevepierce

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
The beep is from the charging pad and not the phone. What is happening is the phone reaches 100% so charging turns off. It drains to 98 or 99% and the charging turns back on and you get the announcement beep saying charging has begun.

VERY ANNOYING FEATURE

- Steve

pjcruiser

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
My wireless charging at night issue is the screen turning on when charge is complete. Then there is a VERY annoying bright light in the bedroom. I have ended up taking the phone off the charger and placing in Airplane mode until morning. I have reached out to Samsung on twitter about how to turn off the battery fully charged notification. I will update when I hear something.

UPDATE: Samsung Support USA ‏@SamsungSupport

@perryspires Unfortunately there isn't a way to shut this feature off. We apologize for any inconvenience. Thanks! ^av

Great...

Last edited:

GaryK2

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
settings > sounds> notifications...set it to silent at night. You're getting an email or charge is complete as you said in the middle of the night. There's an app called audio manager or something like that that will link all 4 different ringtones (for lack of a better term in my inebriated state) together, so then you can just use the volume key on the side of the phone...like pure Android will let you...I turn my ringer to vibrate, and set the vibrate on calls really low so it will wake me up, but not annoy me with a single vibrate. It sounds to me like your system ringtone is what's getting you. Turn it down, or set it for a ringtone of SILENT.

I have the Samsung S3 and I don't have the "settings > sounds> notifications..." menu item. Just settings > sounds> Default notifications which lets me play a different sound.

GaryK2

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
The beep is from the charging pad and not the phone. What is happening is the phone reaches 100% so charging turns off. It drains to 98 or 99% and the charging turns back on and you get the announcement beep saying charging has begun.

VERY ANNOYING FEATURE

- Steve
I have the Energizer charging pad and it does not make any sounds. However, my Galaxy S3 does make the annoying sound every time it reaches 100% or drops below 100%. We need an option to eliminate the notification and the popup could go as well as far as I am concerned.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I used to use an app called battery charged silencer on my gs2 that stopped the phone from beeping when fully charged. But the pad beeping and the light coming on might be impossible to change.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

ScottChapman

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
Oh man I just got my Zens for my S3. Same thing!

It just keeps turning my screen every five minutes or so to tell that it is starting/stoppping charging!

Any way to make the notifications stop? Is it the phone, or the charger??

Juanus

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Oh man I just got my Zens for my S3. Same thing!

It just keeps turning my screen every five minutes or so to tell that it is starting/stoppping charging!

Any way to make the notifications stop? Is it the phone, or the charger??

I just got the Zens kit for the S3 in the mail the other day also. My wife woke me up and told me to shut my phone off because of the constant beeping. I find it amazing that Palm had this worked out perfectly in 2009, but now nothing works well. Oh well, I guess this is going back in the box.

cdegiorgis

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
My Samsung Stratosphere just started beeping and displaying a message while it is being charged. Like every incremental percentage .. for example, 15% charged, 16% charged, etc... I can't tell you how annoying this is AND it just started. I've had my phone for 4 months and its never done this before. This occurs with the wired wall charger. I can't seem to find any setting that would address this. I can put all sounds to vibrate, but that is not the solution. Any suggestions?

Okadz

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to try the 'blocking mode' tonight Its like a do not disturb (for ex Apple users)
You can toggle calls or notifications etc and have allowed contacts ie for those family emergency calls. May I'll get a whole night of sleep.

Well no luck there. Even with notifications turned of in the blocking mode still had beeps. But have noticed it doesn't do it all the time.
Tried apple charger aswell still beeps

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38