TBolt on a 1yr

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Apparently, this is the way to go if you enjoy your new toys and being up to date constantly. With Dual Core processors being out there soon, it's only a matter of time before they're utilized properly and the TBolt looks like trash (face it, it's imminent with EVERY device).

Quick question though, if I'm a third line on my plan (19 years old, age isn't an issue), can I personally sign up for just one year, even though the primary and second line are on 2yr plans?

I would love to grab this phone on a contract that only locks me into it for 10 months, but I'm not willing to throw away my advantage of being the third line and saving ~$40/month for my smartphone, as opposed to opening my own plan and paying AT LEAST twice what I'm paying now per month. If I'm stuck with this phone for 20 months, awesome. Can't complain, personally, but it would be nice to get the next gen technology, that is going to be such a major upgrade in the somewhat near future, as soon as it's useful, instead of being stuck with (if you can even call it that) a device that comes off as terrible to a lot of people.

Just as a 'disclaimer', I'm not considering NOT getting this phone, but is what I described an option, or do I have to follow suit with my primary line on the plan?

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
You can sign up for whatever you want if you are eligible for a new phone no matter what the other lines have.

I wouldn't do anything nowadays without a 1-yr contract. It's simply not worth the $70 savings.

bmcclure937

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Good to know! Thanks guys. I am switching to Verizon when the Thunderbolt lands. I moved for work and have been holding off switching until a new HTC flagship device dropped for Verizon.

I will be going with a 1yr contract for my HTC TB, and keeping a 2 yr contract for the other lines.

bobbiac

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
piggy backing topic...

any1 have am idea of price for this thing on a 1yr? I hear north of 300 USD... and it scares me ****

tlinnert

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Can I purchase the Thunderbolt at Best Buy on a 1 yr contract? I've heard Best Buy does not do 1 yr contracts. Would that mean a 1 yr contract must be done through telesales?

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I've read some other posts and articles regarding the launch date and here's the prices they're being told by their "sources"

2 yr. - $249
1 yr. - $349
Outright - $599

Droid Life, usually their Verizon phone specific info is best cause that's about all they do, is still indicating a 329 1 year price.

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I've read some other posts and article regarding the launch date and here's the prices they're being told by their "sources"

2 yr. - $249
1 yr. - $349
Outright - $599

If they think they're going to sell many devices for $350 a pop on a 1 year and an additional $20 a month for 4G, they're horrifically mistaken. I, and many other people I associate with, will happily take our business elsewhere.

If any of these rumors pan out, VZW will become the joke of the wireless world.

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to do a 1yr contract but if Verizon's one year price,after tax,is around $370 I might have to compromise and take the 2yr deal with Best Buy. At least I can feel better knowing I should get better long-term support from HTC than almost any other Android manufacturer.And if I want to feel better about the price I'll just go onto some of the Canadian cell provider's sites and read their prices for 1,2,and 3 year contracts.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to do a 1yr contract but if Verizon's one year price,after tax,is around $370 I might have to compromise and take the 2yr deal with Best Buy. At least I can feel better knowing I should get better long-term support from HTC than almost any other Android manufacturer.And if I want to feel better about the price I'll just go onto some of the Canadian cell provider's sites and read their prices for 1,2,and 3 year contracts.

All the more reason why I would go with BB and get a 2-yr contract on Bionic instead if I'm going to be locked into something.

Dreday24

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I've read some other posts and articles regarding the launch date and here's the prices they're being told by their "sources"

2 yr. - $249
1 yr. - $349
Outright - $599

Droid Life, usually their Verizon phone specific info is best cause that's about all they do, is still indicating a 329 1 year price.

it was a misprint verizon upcharge for one year is $70

HTC Thunderbolt Appears Locked into February 24 Date, 14 Days After the iPhone - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

rigorx

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't do anything nowadays without a 1-yr contract. It's simply not worth the $70 savings.

Could not agree more! Even if the new pricing difference is $100 instead of $70. Really ? You gonna lock yourself up for 20 months instead of 10, just for $70-100 ? We see time and time again people whining about how their contract date is still 12+ months out.

This phone will be plenty good the remainder of this year. It's not going to be a "trash" phone when the dual-core phones come out. I'm getting a TBolt at release, and will be happy about getting some hot new dual-core phone we haven't even heard about yet, right before Xmas when my 10 months of contract are over :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa