Thunderbolt Pre Announcement Waiting Room & Availability Thread.

leehblanc

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Couple things.

First of all, that is a good offer from Verizon. If you're not happy, and they're offering that, I would seriously consider taking them up on it. It's your money and you shouldn't throw it at them for NO reason.

Have you asked them for, what I would assume to be, another phone replacement? Or if you're still under the return policy, just switch it out for $30/$70 whatever it is now, and wait for the TBolt to come out, and return the phone you're going to replace the Fascinate with for the TBolt.

Idk, just some possible solutions.

First, I really like their reception. Second, it's a little messier than that because my daughter and a friend are on my account. It IS a nice gesture from them. I've spoken with a couple of people, one of them an Executive CSR, and they've been understanding of the situation. They know Moto botched the 2.2 update, and according to them, Samsung is screwing the pooch on the Fascinate. With that said, it's hard to be pissed at Big Red.

When I last spoke with the regular CSR a couple of weeks ago, I told her that I would hold off from canceling for 30-60 days to see if they could come out with the Tbolt or get 2.2 on the Fascinate. She said if I used the upgrade on my account for the Tbolt, she would do what she could to make sure I got in on the first wave. Again, it's hard to fault them in any of this.

Bottom line... I'm just frustrated. The Shift hit CES and then hit the streets what...3 days later? I came from the i*hone for freedom and a big screen. That's all I want.

/Vent

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
First, I really like their reception. Second, it's a little messier than that because my daughter and a friend are on my account. It IS a nice gesture from them. I've spoken with a couple of people, one of them an Executive CSR, and they've been understanding of the situation. They know Moto botched the 2.2 update, and according to them, Samsung is screwing the pooch on the Fascinate. With that said, it's hard to be pissed at Big Red.

When I last spoke with the regular CSR a couple of weeks ago, I told her that I would hold off from canceling for 30-60 days to see if they could come out with the Tbolt or get 2.2 on the Fascinate. She said if I used the upgrade on my account for the Tbolt, she would do what she could to make sure I got in on the first wave. Again, it's hard to fault them in any of this.

Bottom line... I'm just frustrated. The Shift hit CES and then hit the streets what...3 days later? I came from the i*hone for freedom and a big screen. That's all I want.

/Vent

It makes me so happy to hear what you said. From two different perspectives honestly.

First of all, I work in a Retail/CS job. So the fact that you're understanding Verizon's end of the situation makes me not hate you as a consumer :)

Secondly, from a Verizon customer. I've NEVER had a problem with VZW, and I'm glad to hear that you're having a good customer service experience with them. It's helps me to keep my faith in them as a company.

That being said, I'm glad the situation as a whole is being worked through the way it is. It seems like they're being completely reasonable in keeping you happy as a paying customer.

What have been your issues with the Fascinate, if you don't mind me asking. I'm using my friend's until the Bolt comes out, and haven't been able to make a single complaint yet!

galpdawg

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
hope this does come out feb 11 this way my gf and her brother wont try to rub the iphone that theyll be getting on 10th in my face. i can show them this phone is better and iphone is over rated

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I hope The Mecha{Thinks Mecha sounds way cooler}. Does come out on the 11th I will gladly pay like $319 for it on a one year contract.

leehblanc

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
It makes me so happy to hear what you said. From two different perspectives honestly.

First of all, I work in a Retail/CS job. So the fact that you're understanding Verizon's end of the situation makes me not hate you as a consumer :)

Secondly, from a Verizon customer. I've NEVER had a problem with VZW, and I'm glad to hear that you're having a good customer service experience with them. It's helps me to keep my faith in them as a company.

That being said, I'm glad the situation as a whole is being worked through the way it is. It seems like they're being completely reasonable in keeping you happy as a paying customer.

What have been your issues with the Fascinate, if you don't mind me asking. I'm using my friend's until the Bolt comes out, and haven't been able to make a single complaint yet!

The Fascinate is an exquisite piece of hardware. The fact that Samsung can't put Froyo out for it between September and now is a travesty.

As far as CSRs go, I've done CS/retail work myself. I always start a "bad" conversation with something like "I know you're here to help me... any frustration on my part is with (company name) not you..." It's amazing the customer service you get when you're nice to someone who is used to being yelled at all day. I always write a letter to the CSR's supervisor when I get outstanding service as well. I've actually had them call me back days later JUST to thank me for the kind words. I found out once that such a letter was published in a company newsletter and the person I wrote it about was given a standing ovation at a lunch meeting. :D

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
As far as CSRs go, I've done CS/retail work myself. I always start a "bad" conversation with something like "I know you're here to help me... any frustration on my part is with (company name) not you..." It's amazing the customer service you get when you're nice to someone who is used to being yelled at all day. I always write a letter to the CSR's supervisor when I get outstanding service as well.

I do the same thing! Haha, I almost always try to leave positive feedback with someone higher up too, but I'm not gonna lie and say I always do. :p

leehblanc

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I do the same thing! Haha, I almost always try to leave positive feedback with someone higher up too, but I'm not gonna lie and say I always do. :p

LOL... are you baiting me :p I ALMOST always leave feedback, but when I get OUTSTANDING customer service I always do. I just feel that so many people don't care and are a*holes to customers, the ones that go out of their way for you need to be recognized.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I think February 11 isn't going to happen. Verizon has to advertise this phone, it's the 1st 4g LTE handset, it's going to be all over tv for at least a few weeks, in magazines, etc. No way they leave this phone's promotion to internet tech sites and "news" blogs. This isn't the nexus s.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I still believe in the 11th date, I have to believe. Verizon can easily launch any marketing blitz on short order. They have it ready and in place, I mean yesterday they killed off the smaller 3G data plans, today they announced Unlimited Data for the iPhone. So why can't they announce the ThunderBolt, first 4G LTE phone in the 4G markets, let alone everywhere. They did make $4.67 billion in the 4th Qtr so they are crying for profits.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
@racinbill - i think when they release the device it'll be national, not just in the LTE enabled cities. Not that this has any real meaning for vzw, but sprint released evo nationwide and still charged that extra ten dollars for data even in cities where wimax wasnt active.

@raptor - yeah i guess they could give it a weekend of promotion after the iphone and drop the tbolt in mid february, but i'm more inclined to think it'll become available end of feb - early march, to give these devices some kind of cushion between release dates. but i'll eat these words happily if it comes out sooner, since i'd like to see it in person and get some feedback on battery life, official lte plan prices, and so on.

racinbill

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Wishful thinking

I think the 11th might be wishful thinking, i dont think verizon would make these 2 phones compete like that, i heard the 24th.. HTC Thunderbolt possible release

I am not sure of 2/11... I am hoping that is right or atleast 2/14?. I have had a couple of seperate talks with various VZW reps and they indicated the first or second week of Feb. Again, the one said it was to lighten the load on their 3G network by getting some folks over onto their LTE network instead of the iPhone 3g/4 :)

I am ok if you don't buy it, I only buy it out of pure hope. The one tech who seemed very imformed said I should "check back" Wednesday (tomorrow) inferring there would some announcment by EOD. If there isn't I will start to grow less hopeful.

anon(75289)

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Fingers crossed, plz plz plz be soon.

Last week the power button on my droid 1 broke, it no longer "clicks" I instead just have to jam it hard at an angle with my finger. I actually thought there was just some dust stuck under it so I took the whole phone part!! There was lots of lint under the button but that didn't fix it. As of 3 days ago, the wifi on my droid1 is also not working. I flashed another rom just to see if it was something wrong with my current rom, and the new rom couldn't get the wifi to work either. I can't believe that after one year this phone is just falling apart! I had a very nice case on it too for most of that year.

Tortan

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
As far as marketing goes, don't forget that the Super Bowl is coming up. That is the biggest advertising day of all. A few commercials during that and everyone will be clamoring to get it!

racinbill

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Over at Droidlife there is an article showing best buy selling a case for this phone on feb19. Which means like droidlife says that the 24th sounds about right.

Not arguing with you, but do accessories ALWAYS proceed the devices by a week or two? I thought I heard people complaining about accessories coming out later than the device.

Yes I am still hopeful.

racinbill

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
U know...Mr black man x has been quiet after his March 17th prediction which makes me think maybe my optimism is misplaced.

I need to go to Thunderbolt Anonymous. I am obsessing!!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laogui32