Verizon LG G2: Word on KitKat?

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
It's not a link. When you plug the phone in. It should first ask if you want to install the software before it switches over the MTP or whatever other protocol you've selected as default.

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
It's not a link. When you plug the phone in. It should first ask if you want to install the software before it switches over the MTP or whatever other protocol you've selected as default.

It doesn't, never did, and there is no sign of anything Verizon related on my computer even though I can browse the phones files in win explorer.
win 7 by the way.

Andy Lam1

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
The set up file for the lg assistant gotta be on the phone somewhere, maybe you can download it on verizon website when looking at the lg g2 page

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
OK, then go into settings and see what you have selected for PC connection. Turn off any defaults. Then when plugged in open windows file explorer and look for the available drives right after plug in. I think it's Verizon F. Double click and check inside. Software should be there.

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
OK, then go into settings and see what you have selected for PC connection. Turn off any defaults. Then when plugged in open windows file explorer and look for the available drives right after plug in. I think it's Verizon F. Double click and check inside. Software should be there.

just internal storage there, nothing else.

edit: Somehow I forced autoplay to see it and now it is updating.

joelvin

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Currently downloading KitKat through Verizon Software Upgrade Assistant... connected to my Windows 8 laptop with the MTP connection method and USB Debugging enabled. Not sure if I had USB Debugging enabled before or if it enabled itself. For me, no drives mount but it did ask me what I wanted to do with "E:" drive "Verizon". Nothing shows in Windows Explorer.

AZDroid

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I can't get my phone to show in the device list in the software upgrade assistant. My phone connects to my laptop, I select to run the software assistant and it opens and says it's checking device but when it finishes checking there's no phone in the list and the upgrade button is grayed out. Running Windows 8.1, phone not rooted

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I can't get my phone to show in the device list in the software upgrade assistant. My phone connects to my laptop, I select to run the software assistant and it opens and says it's checking device but when it finishes checking there's no phone in the list and the upgrade button is grayed out. Running Windows 8.1, phone not rooted

Someone over at XDA had a similar problem and resolved it by removing his device from Android Device Manager, so if you use it, I'd suggest removing it from there and trying again.

somenothingness

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Tried that trick myself. Didn't work for me. Surely this has nothing to do with black vs white models. Like the AT&T thing where the IMEI numbers were released for the black phones and not the white ones. I have the white one fwiw. My phone, when connected via USB says: Connected as an installer and has the Ethernet connection checked.

Last edited:

AZDroid

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I've tried removing the device, didn't help, I've tried all the different usb modes, restarted my phone and my laptop, it just won't work. Idk if the black vs white phone is a possible issue, but mine is white as well.

I've tried dozens of times, it keeps going through checking device info, the progress bar goes to full then it starts over, does this 3 times every time, then nothing. The only option is to close, disconnect, reconnect, and try again. Blah

rackumrack

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Only issue I had I kept getting a corrupt image on my Windows 8.1 laptop so I pulled out the Windows 7 laptop and BAM! I got that kitkat

Big Pimpin' Big Red's LG G2

Last edited:

Bwahahahaha

Banned
Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Might be a dumb question, as my brain isn't functioning properly today it seems, but do you need to be unrooted on stock in order for this update software to see your phone? Right now I'm stock rooted and it says I have an upgrade so I click download upgrade now and it launches the assistant but it doesn't see my phone at all. I'm assuming it's because I'm rooted but I'm here for assurance ... any help appreciated.

rackumrack

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I may try firing up my old laptop running Vista later and see if that works.

What windows os are you running? For those wondering I have the black phone. When I attempted to download the Verizon upgrade assistant on my windows 8 PC it started to load and at the end aborted due to a corrupt image. Windows 8 blows, I'm sure any os but 8 will do the trick.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

rackumrack

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Might be a dumb question, as my brain isn't functioning properly today it seems, but do you need to be unrooted on stock in order for this update software to see your phone? Right now I'm stock rooted and it says I have an upgrade so I click download upgrade now and it launches the assistant but it doesn't see my phone at all. I'm assuming it's because I'm rooted but I'm here for assurance ... any help appreciated.

Should work you will only lose root, as long as you have not downloaded clockwork or twrp as your recovery.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk