SVDO on Verizon?

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Can anybody confirm (rumors and speculation don't really help me :)) whether the Verizon GS4 will be able to do SVDO (simultaneous voice and data over 3G)?

The GS3 on Verizon CAN do SVDO and the Note 2 on Verizon canNOT. My Rezound DOES do SVDO on Verizon and I definitely don't want to lose that ability. The VZW LTE network is a lot of places, but it's not everywhere yet. Before I go to a VZW phone that can't do SVDO, I would switch to AT&T. I almost bought a Note 2 on AT&T already, for that very reason. I held off and now I think I'd rather get an S4 than a N2. So, the answer to the SVDO question will determine whether staying on VZW is an option I consider or not.

infinity12402

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
i just looked this up on the verizon site, and as far as i can tell the note 2 does do svdo. every lte phone does it, except for the iphone 5

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
i just looked this up on the verizon site, and as far as i can tell the note 2 does do svdo. every lte phone does it, except for the iphone 5

Every LTE phone on Verizon, except the iPhone 5 does simultaneous voice and 4G LTE data.

SVDO (as I said above) is a 3G technology. It pertains to doing simultaneous voice and 3G data. Definitely not every 3G or 4G LTE phone on Verizon can do SVDO. The HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Rezound, and Samsung Galaxy S3 can, that I know of. The Verizon Note 2 cannot. The question is about the Verizon GS4.

infinity12402

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
i know, and im telling you i went onto the verizon website and one of the questions asked was does the note 2 do svdo, and someone answered yes. i had a droid bionic that also did svdo, the s3 also does it. so im assuming the s4 will

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, svdo is not supported by hardware. CDMA voice and evdo data share the same antenna path, so they cannot transmit simultaneously.

Lte and CDMA have different antennas so they can be used simultaneously (svlte)

eguma6u8.jpg

zepa4yre.jpg

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
i know, and im telling you i went onto the verizon website and one of the questions asked was does the note 2 do svdo, and someone answered yes. i had a droid bionic that also did svdo, the s3 also does it. so im assuming the s4 will

You already said that every LTE phone on Verizon (except iPhone 5) does it, and I know that that is not true. I know that the VZW Note 2 does not. Can you provide a link to where you saw that all those phones (or at least the Note 2) do? "somebody" said yes does not mean that "somebody" is correct.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You already said that every LTE phone on Verizon (except iPhone 5) does it, and I know that that is not true. I know that the VZW Note 2 does not. Can you provide a link to where you saw that all those phones (or at least the Note 2) do? "somebody" said yes does not mean that "somebody" is correct.

The most accurate information would be based on the fcc filing. Every phone has one. The dna does not support svdo.

If you have specific phones that you want to know, I can look it up for you

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368489509385.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368489509385.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 109

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I think he got it confused. They all do it over LTE, but certain ones can also do it over 3g as well( well except the iphone 5 because, well its apple lol)

trob6969

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
If this is true then why is it that my Verizon galaxy s4, set to LTE/CDMA, cuts off any data connection I have going every time I answer a phone call?

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
If this is true then why is it that my Verizon galaxy s4, set to LTE/CDMA, cuts off any data connection I have going every time I answer a phone call?

Either, you don't have a 4G connection when you get your call, or the app that's doing data is coded to pause the data connection when you get a call, or you're running a non-stock ROM that doesn't work right.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Either, you don't have a 4G connection when you get your call, or the app that's doing data is coded to pause the data connection when you get a call, or you're running a non-stock ROM that doesn't work right.

Hi, I am just replying because we got the same kind of avatars!! :) :)

However, I have the yellow amateur plate, not the white expert plate.. :(

WERA/CCS

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I am just replying because we got the same kind of avatars!! :) :)

However, I have the yellow amateur plate, not the white expert plate.. :(

WERA/CCS

Ha ha! Cool! Keep at it and you'll get your white plate! I got my first white plate at the end of '93. Laid out from '95 - '00 and came back and they sent me back to the Meatgrinder class and to earn my white plate again. I won the CCS yellow plate SE region Overall Championship in '03. :)

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Ha ha! Cool! Keep at it and you'll get your white plate! I got my first white plate at the end of '93. Laid out from '95 - '00 and came back and they sent me back to the Meatgrinder class and to earn my white plate again. I won the CCS yellow plate SE region Overall Championship in '03. :)

Ya da man!! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa