[ROM][REPO]{RGH135} {VM701}{LG55C} CyanogenMod7

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
sadly that's the best quality cam i've got. i'll try to borrow a friend for his iPhone to take some better pics.

as far as the dual chip thing, i think you're right. if you notice the parts are kinda sectioned off; 5&6 are both radio controllers. there does seem to be a smaller one but as this is my primary device, i do kinda need to have it put together tonight (work and such) but if need be i can crack her open again :)

Side note: while looking into the broadcom radio chip, i noticed it also has FM transceiver built in, would be nice to get that working with the rest of it
^>> 802.11a/b/g/n MAC/Baseband/Radio with Integrated Bluetooth 4.0+HS & FM Transceiver - BCM4330 | Broadcom

Well thanks for doing it I had almost lost hope on this but now I have a whole new hope for it

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
cool. I tried emailing Mr. Gomez (rhg135) about his work on an wip cm9 rom that seems to be necro stated, but have yet to hear back. i also found his bitbucket ( https://bitbucket.org/rhg135 ) which has a branch for some qualcomm vendor libs but looking at the file names idk if they'd work for the ones on the slider. i suppose we'll have to get more info together before another dev will "take the case."

anyway, still working on borrowing a decent cam for better pics. there is another avago chip on there that was a bit too small for me to read, i don't remember off the top of my heard what section it was in but i'll figure it out.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Well. Mr. Gomez has responded and agreed to take another look at the slider for dev. All he requests is testers, i told him i'd be willing and that there's another here on the forum that i'm sure wouldn't have a problem with that.

Right now he's setting up a new box to do the builds on, i'll update when i'm updated

Update!

Ok, our friend now has a builder server up, i just don't know how to check it out it seems XD researching now

Last edited:

skurtov

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Did you guys try contacting the devs that worked on the original OV? Blarf basically made CM possible for that phone. Like jesus.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
That's great I'd totally be willing to test tell him I said so and tell him about the qualcom/avago chip info if you haven't already

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Android Central Forums

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Did you guys try contacting the devs that worked on the original OV? Blarf basically made CM possible for that phone. Like jesus.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2

The VM701 is a whole different animal so they probly wouldn't be able to help plus they probly had vendor data we don't ATM although the OV stuff can be booted on the Slider with some modifications but nothing would work whatsoever rgh based his cm9 off of the OV with Gelato instead of thunderec or whatev the OV uses but that is all that we can get out of the OV part of it

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
anyway, still working on borrowing a decent cam for better pics. there is another avago chip on there that was a bit too small for me to read, i don't remember off the top of my heard what section it was in but i'll figure it out.

Use a magnifying glass to read the last chip when you get a better cam and take it apart again always works for me lol also use a magnifying glass to get your zoom a little closer to the chips if you need to it works pretty good if you can get it to focus right also try the macro setting it gives you a sharper image and is made for taking pics of small things

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
That's great I'd totally be willing to test tell him I said so and tell him about the qualcom/avago chip info if you haven't already

That's great, i'll let him know. And do you have any dev experience or knowledge of the development process? RHG has agreed to teach me some but i have quite a bit to learn to catch up to this project.

Use a magnifying glass to read the last chip when you get a better cam and take it apart again always works for me lol also use a magnifying glass to get your zoom a little closer to the chips if you need to it works pretty good if you can get it to focus right also try the macro setting it gives you a sharper image and is made for taking pics of small things

As far as the photos, currently the only camera i have got has a low pixel rating than that of the slider itself, so i'm gonna borrow my brother's.

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Cool I would love to learn how to dev too so maybe he could teach us together that way we can dev anything we feel like : )

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
that would be pretty sweet. i actually would like to port f.lux to android for sure but let's take it one thing at a time.

could you contact me on facebook to exchange emails? i would like to involve you in the emails so that you know what's going on with this.
https://www.facebook.com/michael.castro.9693

Note: unfortunately, i have (hopefully only semi)-bricked myself in my over zealous use of adb/fastboot so it might be more productive for you to be able to test builds and supply logcats as well.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Sadly I have no recovery, no system, and no fastboot.

I am sorry to report that I suspect that this project may become stale once again. :'(

I hope someone that know's what they're doing (evidently not me, :-[ lol) will be able to get this thing up and running.

In the meantime, Samus, I will pm you with my email now.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Well, while roaming github, our friend and dev RHG found this: https://github.com/lgics

A github with some devs dedicated to getting ICS and JB on the slider (VM701)

While i am now unable to help with the project, dark_samus, they seem to be the lead he's suggesting to get to the ultimate goal of cm for the slider. And xiontaz, perhaps you'd like to help them as well? Good luck everyone!

xiontaz

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
thanks michael, i will surely try to see what i can do testing wise.

after scrolling through the list i don't really see the slider anywhere on there :S

Last edited:

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey sorry I haven't been on the forum in awhile (been busy) anyways hows this stuff going?

xiontaz

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
thank you michael, haha i looked up vm71 with nothing to come up! thanks for the direct link, now ill see what can be done from a tester standpoint