[PATCH] Patch for BobZhome's CM10 (updated: 11/4/2012)

lerxst_x

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: [PATCH] Patch for BobZhome's CM10 (updated: 9/17/2012)

Flashed Patch....first attempt at boot took a long time,so I pulled the battery, went back and dirty flashed rom, gapps, and patch. The second attempt went better, although I think that if I had waited the first attempt would have completed, since the second time through I got the "Android is upgrading..." message, but for far fewer apps than I had on my sd-ext. I think the original boot was building the dalvik cache while the boot animation was going.

The only problem I've had is that the home and menu keys are currently reversed.

--lerxst_x

TribalZR

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [PATCH] Patch for BobZhome's CM10 (updated: 9/16/2012)

These are the steps I took for a successful flash was: (Note: I am COT Recovery)
1) Factory Reset
2) Pre-flash Wipe
3) Erase boot
4) Erase cache
5) Erase data
6) Erase sd-ext
7) Erase system
8) Erase dalvik-cache
9) Flash ROM
10) Flash GApps
11) Flash ZVD to ZVJ Patch since I am on ZVJ baseband
12) Flash Bobz CM10 LS670 Patch
13) Boot Android

Let me know if this still doesn't work.

I followed this as closely as I could with my xionia recovery with the latest patch(09172012) and still couldn't get it to work. I let it sit for 20 minutes on first boot, it froze after awhile at the spinning circle boot animation before the screen turned black, then the backlight came on and it sat like that for probably 8 minutes or so before I pulled the battery and tried clearing the cache/dalvik which seemed to work before. Second boot after clearing the cache/dalvik it got to the optimizing apps screen and froze on 'starting apps' and I let it sit like that for probably 10 minutes to see if it would do anything.

r0gu3dev1pr

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

I reflashed the ROM 2 different times. First I formatted boot, cache, data, system, dalvik-cache and left sd-ext. Then I flashed ROM, gapps, zvd to zvj then the 9/17/2012 patch. It took close to 30 minutes to finish booting. This must be because its rebuilding dalvik for all the apps in the sd-ext. I flashed it a second time. I followed the same steps but this time I also formatted the sd-ext. It took 2-3 minutes.

If you dont want to format your sd-ext then I think you should put your phone charging and give it time.

Also, I discovered that if you are using the latest zvd to zvj patch you should probably remove the the reloc and mountext scripts, as well as, the keylayout. The keylayout from that patch does not work correctly (at least not for me), but will get fixed using this patch.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

lerxst_x

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

So if I'm already on zvd, what do I need to edit or change to get the correct home and menu key layout?

Thanks for creating this patch!

r0gu3dev1pr

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

So if I'm already on zvd, what do I need to edit or change to get the correct home and menu key layout?

Thanks for creating this patch!

Have you tried flashing this patch again? It won't hurt anything to do it again. If that still doesn't work let me know I will tell you how to manually modify the key layout file.

EDIT: Disregard this post. I found the issue regarding the keylayout. I have updated the zip in the OP. Please download and flash again.

Last edited:

r0gu3dev1pr

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

Sorry guys. I found the issue regarding the keylayout. I had put the file in the wrong directory. I have updated zip in the OP. Please download and flash again. This may have caused the issues for some of you.

lerxst_x

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Yep that works, thanks for saving 18 months of muscle memory!

TribalZR

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

Well, I went ahead and flashed COT on thinking maybe my Xionia recovery was somehow the problem. Followed your steps to the letter, minus applying zvd->zvj patch since I'm on zvd, and an hour later... frozen on a black screen :(
Reboot into recovery, wipe cache/dalvik, reboot, optimizing... Yay, setup wizard! But after completing all that, the keys are still switched, still shows VM instead of Sprint, and it randomly freezes compared to without the patch :(:(
I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong if anything, I guess I'm just unlucky D:

r0gu3dev1pr

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

Well, I went ahead and flashed COT on thinking maybe my Xionia recovery was somehow the problem. Followed your steps to the letter, minus applying zvd->zvj patch since I'm on zvd, and an hour later... frozen on a black screen :(
Reboot into recovery, wipe cache/dalvik, reboot, optimizing... Yay, setup wizard! But after completing all that, the keys are still switched, still shows VM instead of Sprint, and it randomly freezes compared to without the patch :(:(
I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong if anything, I guess I'm just unlucky D:

Just so I understand, you are on ZVD with a sd-ext, bobz's 09152012 build and using my updated zip from last night, right?

Can you try flashing just the ROM first? Wipe everything like before. Flash ROM then gapps (are you using the smaller gapps created by Bob as well?) Then boot into Android. Go through wizard then reboot into recovery and flash the patch.

Enzomatrx

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Excellent work. Kudos.

Still hoping for hardware acceleration/Flash support on any of the ICS/JB roms. A man can dream.

Ended up going back to HydroROM with a nandroid of my ROM all set up with your patch.

Deucalion29710

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Would somebody please clarify exactly what is not working in this ROM? I am currently running CM7.2 (05202012). Is there anything that I should know before flashing this, for I am not currently using a stock ROM?

r0gu3dev1pr

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

Would somebody please clarify exactly what is not working in this ROM? I am currently running CM7.2 (05202012). Is there anything that I should know before flashing this, for I am not currently using a stock ROM?

The ROM itself is being developed by BobzHome for the Optimus V. Check out his opening post to see the details of what is working and not working, but at a high level camcorder, usb mass storage, usb tethering, wifi tethering. With his latest build it broke the mic for voice search. I am sure that will be fixed shortly.

As far as this patch is concerned, some people have been having trouble with it freezing up on initial boot. I personally have not experienced that. I am thinking it may be a storage issue and running out of space in the system partition. Do a nandroid backup of your current system then flash Bobz's ROM. I think you will be pleased. Keep in mind that Bobz's ROM is still work in progress. Try wiping everything; boot, cache, data, system, dalvik and sd-ext then flash rom and bobz's small gapps. (Click on link above or see my opening post for a link) Then once that is finished, reboot to recovery then flash this patch.

Thraeryn

DEVASTATOR
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

Steps:
  • COT Factory Reset
  • COT Pre-Flash Wipe
  • format /boot
  • format /sd-ext
  • flash BobZ ROM
  • flash BobZ gapps
  • boot Android
  • complete Google sign-in
  • reboot recovery
  • flash patch
  • boot Android

Results:
  • First boot (before patch) took a long time, but happened, allowed me to log in to Google.
  • Second boot (post patch) happened fairly quickly, but suffered from screen freezes.
  • Lock screen still says "Virgin Mobile".
  • Lock screen and everything else lag pretty horribly for a while after startup, to the point of appearing locked until an action occurs 45, 60 seconds later.
  • Home and menu keys still reversed.
  • Drawer does not want to pull down.

Additional steps:
  • reboot recovery
  • flash patch (x2)
  • reboot Android

Results:
  • no change

Restoring backup for now.

r0gu3dev1pr

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

Steps:
  • COT Factory Reset
  • COT Pre-Flash Wipe
  • format /boot
  • format /sd-ext
  • flash BobZ ROM
  • flash BobZ gapps
  • boot Android
  • complete Google sign-in
  • reboot recovery
  • flash patch
  • boot Android

Results:
  • First boot (before patch) took a long time, but happened, allowed me to log in to Google.
  • Second boot (post patch) happened fairly quickly, but suffered from screen freezes.
  • Lock screen still says "Virgin Mobile".
  • Lock screen and everything else lag pretty horribly for a while after startup, to the point of appearing locked until an action occurs 45, 60 seconds later.
  • Home and menu keys still reversed.
  • Drawer does not want to pull down.

Additional steps:
  • reboot recovery
  • flash patch (x2)
  • reboot Android

Results:
  • no change

Restoring backup for now.

Thanks for your feedback. I will continue to investigate.

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

Worked for me! Thanks rogue!

I guess I should go push the thanks and like buttons....

TribalZR

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

I just got around to retrying the patch, same steps as Thraeryn, same result.

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

Interesting...maybe I'll wait for the next version. The baseband info as a fixed thing is of little concern to me, lol. :) I wonder if there are any launchers that would help speed this monster up a few notches...

r0gu3dev1pr

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

Interesting...maybe I'll wait for the next version. The baseband info as a fixed thing is of little concern to me, lol. :) I wonder if there are any launchers that would help speed this monster up a few notches...

I like using apex. Haven't had any issues. There is also Nova and Holo. Holo is very thin and performs well. Give them a try. Post back your feedback.

blar0

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

Flashed fine, though initial boot took forever....

But so far for me the ROM has no voice/data network access, and every app that tries to use the microphone seems to immediately crash (not just voice search, recorder apps etc. have this problem as well).

Last edited:

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

Flashed fine, though initial boot took forever....

But so far for me the ROM has no voice/data network access, and every app that tries to use the microphone seems to immediately crash (not just voice search, recorder apps etc. have this problem as well).

I would assume that issues with the rom would be better served posted in the bobzhome cm10 thread. All rogue is trying to do is get rid of the VM branding and make the keys work properly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali