Myn's Warm RLS 3 is here!

martinnick

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I think I have tried flashing the ROM being connected and disconnected from the computer, and had the same result. I downloaded AC ROM because it appeared to be the close to the stock, but I didn't use it because I found a new stock ROM. I guess I can try it to check, but I was really looking forward to this ROM.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
all you should have to do is wipe data/factory, clear the caches (regular and dalvik) and it should flash. what method did you use to root? do you have the super user app?

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I think I have tried flashing the ROM being connected and disconnected from the computer, and had the same result. I downloaded AC ROM because it appeared to be the close to the stock, but I didn't use it because I found a new stock ROM. I guess I can try it to check, but I was really looking forward to this ROM.

Have you tried downloading the rom again to make sure its not just a bad download?

martinnick

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I have the app and I have tried clearing data/cache reset to factory all that good stuff. I tied a bunch of information together to get the EVO rooted because of it being so new. I ran some app to get temp local root so I could downgrade the device to 2.1 or install the custom recovery, I can't remember which order everything was done. I had problems flashing the the downgrade at first I believe, but I was able to continue and get S-OFF once that was done I don't think I had any issues getting the stock ROM flashed, the current one that I am using.

martinnick

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I tried downloading the ROM from different places and still had the same problem. Just tried flashing AC ROM, and it failed too, with a simlar error.

E:Can't symlink /system/bin/dumpcrash
E:Failure at line 10:
symlink dumpstate SYSTEM:bin/dumpcrash
Installation aborted.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I tried downloading the ROM from different places and still had the same problem. Just tried flashing AC ROM, and it failed too, with a simlar error.

Installation aborted.

Im not sure why things are giving you that many problems.I would try wiping everything twice in recovery and flashing one the roms.If it still fails then hate to say it but i would unroot and then root the phone again.It seems like something is locked in there and causing things to be corrupt.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

Installation aborted.

Are you using Clockwork?

Its been giving me issues lately so Im using RA to Flash things since it plays Nice with MYN

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I used both and got the same error for myn's ROM. I haven't tried both for AC though.

I jumped in on this late sorry about that...

Im guessing you are wiping everything?

If you can't flash any Rom now you might have to Return to Stock and ReRoot

Hopefully I dont have this issue but Recovery has been acting strange

gordo2dope

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
i was using #2, and updated to #3 just a few days ago but seems like battery is going a lot quicker now, and bars seems to not be as good as # 2 either =(. I was actually thinking of going back to #2... it was that noticeable.

Other than that everything is good, icon changes, transitions, extra options and i even put the little extra icon bar at the bottom, which is pretty convenient.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
i was using #2, and updated to #3 just a few days ago but seems like battery is going a lot quicker now, and bars seems to not be as good as # 2 either =(. I was actually thinking of going back to #2... it was that noticeable.

Other than that everything is good, icon changes, transitions, extra options and i even put the little extra icon bar at the bottom, which is pretty convenient.

What Kernel are you using because today Im currently on 3 hours unplugged and 93% Battery

Yesterday I went 17 Hrs with Heavy use

this is a great Rom on Battery you might want to check your setting

and for the Record Im using the Stock HTC Kernel

gordo2dope

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
i have never purposely change the kernel file. I just use whatever comes with the ROM, so if nothing came with the roms then i guess im on stock... ?

phone info says
KERNEL:
2.6.32.15-g0f673ed
htc-kernel@u18000-Build-149#10

myns warm twopointwo (rsl 3)
software # 3.30.621.2

and I always have lowest battery usage settings, no 4G, no bluetooth, only manual syncing, low screen brightness....

gordo2dope

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
like for example... its 8.55 AM right now where I am.. i unplugged and left for work right at 7 ... have not used my phone much except browse market real quick in the car before work. Now battery logo already says 67

battery info shows:
1H 55 min since unplugged
SYSTEM STANDBY: 43%
ANDROID SYSTEM: 26%
PHONE IDLE: 21%
DISPLAY: 8%
MARKET: 2%

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
like for example... its 8.55 AM right now where I am.. i unplugged and left for work right at 7 ... have not used my phone much except browse market real quick in the car before work. Now battery logo already says 67

battery info shows:
1H 55 min since unplugged
SYSTEM STANDBY: 43%
ANDROID SYSTEM: 26%
PHONE IDLE: 21%
DISPLAY: 8%
MARKET: 2%

You're prob gonna have to wipe battery stats and start over

Recharge your phone to 100%

Power down with the phone unplugged

once off plug phone in and let charge until green light comes on...

Once thats done Boot into Recovery and wipe batt stats

Reboot into the rom and use as normal

Let the battery Drain to the point where it shuts off on its own

Then Recharge with power off until led is green power up and use

It should be better

Reactions: gordo2dope

gordo2dope

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
ok , i will try this, but quick questions.... are you sure let it die and power off on its own? I was not able to get to charger once and phone shut off on its own ... and when i got to charger and turned it back on it was like factory reset just out fo the box. It asked me to set up my gmail and did intro and all that and i was like WTF!!!?? and lost my apps and everything.

So anytime the battery is just about to die, i manually turn the phone off and keep it off until I can get to a charger.

Also, if this makes a difference I do use 2 and sometimes 3 different batteries. I thought rotating through them would help so im not just using one up and down, up and down. Also because sometimes I when im out and about I will be using heavily to pass time. I keep a charged extra battery in my car, and 1 at home to take in my pocket when im going out for the night. Angry Birds when im waiting. (which by the way gets the phone really hot lol) It get so hot the metal kickstand kind of burns you if you touch it.

anyways, will using different batteries effect this?

And most of the day im here at work sitting at a desk plugged into USB.

thanks for your help by the way!

Last edited:

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
ok , i will try this, but quick questions.... are you sure let it die and power off on its own? I was not able to get to charger once and phone shut off on its own ... and when i got to charger and turned it back on it was like factory reset just out fo the box. It asked me to set up my gmail and did intro and all that and i was like WTF!!!?? and lost my apps and everything.

So anytime the battery is just about to die, i manually turn the phone off and keep it off until I can get to a charger.

Also, if this makes a difference I do use 2 and sometimes 3 different batteries. I thought rotating through them would help so im not just using one up and down, up and down. Also because sometimes I when im out and about I will be using heavily to pass time or Angry Birds when im waiting. (which by the way gets the phone really hot lol) It get so hot the metal kickstand kind of burns you if you touch it.

anyways, will using different batteries effect this?

And most of the day im here at work sitting at a desk plugged into USB.

thanks for your help by the way!

Ummmm that shouldn't have happened make a Nand Back up and do what I said thats ur best bet

gordo2dope

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
i think when that erase thing happened it was BEFORE i rooted my phone and did any nandroid stuff. So you are probably right about that. and yes i will do what you said, I already hit the thanks button for you too! THANKS!!!

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
i think when that erase thing happened it was BEFORE i rooted my phone and did any nandroid stuff. So you are probably right about that. and yes i will do what you said, I already hit the thanks button for you too! THANKS!!!

Word Thx...

Let me know how it goes :cool:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards