My One S dilemma

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
This definitely falls into the category of first-world problems... I now have two One S phones - however, the new one is that legendary T-mobile US Black One S, which I recently won. I just got it today and it looks purdy:

Black One S Front.jpg Black One S Back.jpg

The black One S is reaaally good looking, but I don't need two phones though - which has me wondering - I keep going back and forth now - do I sell the black one, or do I keep the really sexy black one and sell my regular blue One S used? What would you do?

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Probably would do Best Offer, with some minimum (likely starting with a 3...) in my head. But I'd also throw in a bunch of OEM accessories I was also given, so it would be a good package. (I'd bundle the accessories if I sold the used one too).

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums

Darrkman

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Yep, that's a first world problem.

Keep the black one sell the used one with the accessories.

Sent from my HTC One S

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Is the black one a special version? If so, sell it & make cash. Both phones are same internally and only look different.... :);)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Think I am leaning towards keeping the black and selling the one I am using now...probably will decide for sure later next week after I return from a trip.

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I'd be interested in either to perpetuate my experiment on T-Mobile. I'm talking to a guy switching to Verizon about trading my RAZR for his GSII, but I'd rather have the One S....

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Am back from my trip, and I decided to sell the new black one, the hassle of setting everything back up is not worth it to me. Will post it by the weekend. :)

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
just a random question about the One S in general. How do you like the phone? does it run nice for you? Many people are discussing smaller Android devices and this phone has always been one that people suggest as a good option. How do you feel it measures up for the long term and what would be the pros and cons of the smaller One S?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I like the phone a lot - it is plenty fast, have not experienced any lags, and runs all my apps just fine. I did experience some finickiness regarding holding a signal, but since the latest OTA, I have not had any problems with that at all. The camera takes great looking on the fly photos. Even after almost six months, it still seems like it's close to top of the line on the internals, in everyday use terms. And it will get Jellybean so it should continue to function well for quite awhile. Sense as it is now runs well and doesn't detract from the Android experience. While the screen is not spec'd as well as the One X, it still has great color and clarity. I have smallish hands and I think this is the perfect size for me. I generally get through the day with about 35-40% battery left, with moderate use. Do wish it had more storage, but I knew that going in so I can't complain!

Pros:
Top of the line hardware and internals (save for the screen)
Very smooth in operations, no lag
Good form factor - feels good in hand
Great camera
Definitely getting Jellybean - will stay pretty current for awhile

Cons:
Screen not as highly spec'd as One X (but not bothersome in daily use to me)
No expandable storage

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I like the phone a lot - it is plenty fast, have not experienced any lags, and runs all my apps just fine. I did experience some finickiness regarding holding a signal, but since the latest OTA, I have not had any problems with that at all. The camera takes great looking on the fly photos. Even after almost six months, it still seems like it's close to top of the line on the internals, in everyday use terms. And it will get Jellybean so it should continue to function well for quite awhile. Sense as it is now runs well and doesn't detract from the Android experience. While the screen is not spec'd as well as the One X, it still has great color and clarity. I have smallish hands and I think this is the perfect size for me. I generally get through the day with about 35-40% battery left, with moderate use. Do wish it had more storage, but I knew that going in so I can't complain!

Pros:
Great camera

Cons:
No expandable storage

Thanks for this. Great feedback. :D

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

bubbl07

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site

Pros:
Great camera

Cons:
No expandable storage
I can echo everything popartist wrote. All things considered, I believe the One S is the best phone on the market, at any price point on any carrier. Mostly because I think the size is just perfect (build quality and feel in hand go a long way in this). It'll be even better once JB comes out on it.

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I love my One S! I will have to put it aside for a bit though - I am being sent an international unlocked Windows Phone 8X to put through its paces, especially the camera - as it is very similarly spec'd (it does have a better screen, and NFC in this international version) , the transition probably won't be too jarring (especially as T-Mo has the 1900 band up and going on HSPA+ here in NYC) and I am excited about it. But I suspect I will return to my One S for the Android ecosystem and Jellybean goodness (I am liking Windows 8 though in my new Surface RT). We shall see!

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I love my One S! I will have to put it aside for a bit though - I am being sent an international unlocked Windows Phone 8X to put through its paces, especially the camera - as it is very similarly spec'd (it does have a better screen, and NFC in this international version) , the transition probably won't be too jarring (especially as T-Mo has the 1900 band up and going on HSPA+ here in NYC) and I am excited about it. But I suspect I will return to my One S for the Android ecosystem and Jellybean goodness (I am liking Windows 8 though in my new Surface RT). We shall see!

well that sounds fun. I just downloaded Windows 8 on my desktop and im enjoying it so far. Let me know how you like windows 8 phone compared to the One S. (which I too love)
Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer