Powermat cases

howser87

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I was in BestBuy's phone section the other day, and while waiting the 20 obligatory minutes for an associate to notice me I happened across the Powermat section. There seems to be cases out for some Blackberry and the iPhone 3g with integrated powermat blocks. They of course take up the charging/sync port on the respective devices. It got me thinking. Would you buy one of these if it was available for your Incredible?

I am a Pre Plus convert, so I still have my touchstone chargers laying around, and I have considered doing a mod on a hard case to provide essentially what I am describing. I know if it was available as a set with a single location powermat I would jump on it.

As a side note, since it isn't available I just decided I will be modding a hard case to integrate a touchstone back.

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I would buy it if I could. I use one on my Ipod touch, and I use the power cube all the time for charging just about everything. If they decided to create one that will work with the Droid INC then I would be stoaked.

DustoMan

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
So at CES at the beginning of the year, they were showing off batteries that had their charging technology built into them. That way, they wouldn't have to create a new case for every single device on the market since devices like our Incredible uses the same batteries as a couple other HTC phones. No word on when they will get these on the market, but I would hope they would try to get them out before the holidays.