[ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Ha, you are far younger than I.

It is an old expression, about looking in the wrong place for an answer, i.e., hounds barking up the wrong tree when the raccoon is in another tree.

This is not a recovery or partition wipe problem, I do not believe, but an OS vs phone hardware issue.

Lmao! I feel old sometimes, its nice to see some "older" people are here too. Looking at some of the users avatars, I felt like the old guy at the bar who stood on the side watching the younger kids playing...:D
As for my previous luck, it ran out. I attempted to make an edit with romtools to fix the spelling error and when it didn't help I removed the fix. Only to find out that something broke elsewhere and I've lost all 3g data.
I was forced to do a clean install.
I've not tried 16 yet, for me the 15f was too stable to mess with until the issues were fixed.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

pmoneyprix

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 6/26 ZVD basesband Alpha16

For sure. I was only putting that out there because others have gotten it to run. The only difference I saw was the recovery.. edit I was just saying that because you said the recovery wasn't the issue.

Last edited:

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

For sure. I was only putting that out there because others have gotten it to run. The only difference I saw was the recovery..

Who? Link to post please, I missed it, and just searched through about the last 10 pages this morning checking. Thanks.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the older crowd. My first computer was a trs80 with 16k and loaded programs from cassette tape. :p

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
On the last page I've said I'm running 16d a couple times :p

It errored at first and then you switched recovery and succeeded? Or did I miss understand @pmoneyprix post?

- via Kindle Fire w twa_priv ICS / CM9 linaro based on SG7 & Hashcode 3.0 kernel - Tapatalk 2

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
It errored at first and then you switched recovery and succeeded? Or did I miss understand @pmoneyprix post?

- via Kindle Fire w twa_priv ICS / CM9 linaro based on SG7 & Hashcode 3.0 kernel - Tapatalk 2

No, it worked the first time, using the latest COT recovery. Thought you just meant you didn't see that anyone was running it period :p

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
No, it worked the first time, using the latest COT recovery. Thought you just meant you didn't see that anyone was running it period :p

Most are running it fine, just a few of us have the boot hang.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Ok, let's see what happens.. alpha 16E Goo.im Downloads - Downloading alpha16E-cm9-20120629-kraven-LS670.zip

Has test 17 kernel now. Vsync off. Blackhive's vpn fixes. Higher precision clock and time options. i still get clock lag, but at least i see where time and clock functions are in the kernel and will look at backporting ICS kernel sources there.

Last edited:

wormy987123

flashaholic
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

downloading now will report back soon, looks like im stuck in a boot loop again. been about 10 minutes and hasent changed.

Last edited:

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Ok, let's see what happens.. alpha 16E Goo.im Downloads - Downloading alpha16E-cm9-20120629-kraven-LS670.zip

Has test 17 kernel now. Vsync off. Blackhive's vpn fixes. Higher precision clock and time options. i still get clock lag, but at least i see where time and clock functions are in the kernel and will look at backporting ICS kernel sources there.

Here is my logcat.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/763n7g3e0vfbej1/CAI_16e_logcat.txt

Reactions: wormy987123

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Idk what the prob is mine flashes and boots fine.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

My guess is that there was a chip change in a production run, and those of us with the wrong chip are having this issue. I spent 16 years as a cell tech in the years before smartphones, but it would happen and we would have to flash different software versions on what looked like the same phone, Motorola, Oki, Nokia were notorious for this.

The quattrimus 0628 nightly boots fine for me, and it was supposed to have the same speaker phone fix where this issue started. I know thekraven will find out what the difference is and solve it. Look how many versions of this in the last two days. Get some sleep thekraven, we can wait.

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm going to try dirty flashing 16E....I'd really rather not deal with restoring everything....lol. I'll let you know how it goes

Conker1r

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

I have alpha16e installed and working.
MMS sometimes works sometimes not.

Panorama mode does not work. It causes the camera to force close.
Can this even work on this phone?

Everything else works good.