[ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I use two apps.
1: Titanium Backup with purchesed Pro Key.
2: Root Uninstaller.

Just before going to the recovery to wipe and format everything but the SD card I run the two options in the Scheduals tab of Titanium Backup.

Root Uninstaller (I have the Pro version) automatically saves every and all downloaded apk's to the SD card (you have to manually delete an apk from the app, the updated app can't). This I use for several reasons.
1: Titanium Backup sometimes freezes when trying to install a specific app when running the batch restore option. I then reboot and install the app by going to the Root Uninstaller folder on the SD card and copying the apk to the root of the SD card, then select to install. Then I finish the batch restore from TB.
2: Sometimes I don't have a good enough data connection. Can't sign into the market after a new ROM flash, so I install Titanium Backup's apk that's in the Root Uninstaller folder.
3: I update an app from the PlayStore and it's borked.
I go to Root Uninstaller and re-install the old apk that did work.

When in the recovery I make sure I select all these options:
1: wipe data/factory reset.
2: wipe cache partition.
3: I go to the mounts and storage option and select:
A: format boot.
B: format data.
C: format cache.
D: format system.
C: format SD ext(if you don't have a partition on the sd card skip this).
Note: Don't format the SD card. It will wipe all data from it.
I go to the advanced section and wipe the dalvik cache as well. OCD thing.

Edit: Almost forgot.
What you could do is get everything on the ROM set up just how you like it, apps in just the right place as well.
Then make a backup.
Now when trying different kernels, if one doesn't work for you, just restore backup and try another.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

chcub1

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm having trouble with this ROM. The wifi turns off on its own randomly and as previously stated I tried resetting the modem still does it. And the data connection goes blank like every 10 minutes. I have to pull the battery and reboot to get data connection again and it gets very annoying. Can anyone help please?

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
First you must establish that your WiFi is working correctly.
Flash a ROM that you know has the WiFi working.
If everything checks out then download a fresh ROM and Gapps (making sure to use WiFi). If possible download to computer and transfer to sd card.
Wipe and format everything but the sd card (and the sd ext if your sd card is not partitioned).
What recovery are you using?

chcub1

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
The wifi does work, my mom has the same phone she doesn't have hers rooted. Hers is stock, and the wifi works with hers.

I'm using cannibal open touch.

chcub1

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm using 19e, and lose data regularly. I have to turn data off and on again to get it back . I'm not roaming or anything. Could it be related to my SetCPU app, which throttles the CPU when the screen is off?

I'm having the same problem! The data turns off like every 20 minutes for me and I have to pull the battery to get data again. Have you found a solution?

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Did you download ROM from computer? Which Gapps are you using. The 20120511 Gapps I downloaded three different ways came up at just over 15MB. The thread says they should be 21MB. This tells me there corrupt. This could be causing all the problems. I'm going to try and download all gapps in thread and try each and every one (as long as they don't look corrupt) to see if any will work better and not cause corruption of the ROM and downloaded apps.
I need to find a WiFi source. Then I'll post results.

Esp_eon

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Did you download ROM from computer? Which Gapps are you using. The 20120511 Gapps I downloaded three different ways came up at just over 15MB. The thread says they should be 21MB. This tells me there corrupt. This could be causing all the problems. I'm going to try and download all gapps in thread and try each and every one (as long as they don't look corrupt) to see if any will work better and not cause corruption of the ROM and downloaded apps.
I need to find a WiFi source. Then I'll post results.

By any chance, is the flashable zip file you got 15MB? I'm fairly certain that it means 21MB uncompressed after it's been flashed, since some people may not have initially installed the Gapps initially, and they may not have 21MB after installing apk's.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry. That confused me. The thread said the Gapps.zip was 21MB. That would indicate it's 21MBs compressed, so you will be able to tell if the download became corrupted.
In as much as there are no md5 sums generated and posted to check against, this is the only clue I have to go on. When I tried to sign in to the PlayStore I got a blank home page.
All info tells me it could (repeat, could) be the Gapps.zip is corrupt.
I'm also going to try with an ext.4 sd ext format. I'm currently using the ext.3 format which is supposed to be what is required for the ICS ROMs.
That might take a while till I get my Windows/Linux machine back up.

Edit: Extract 15MB Gapps.zip. It was 23.26MB extracted.
I'm starting to fully believe that the problem is the Gapps.zip is corrupt.

Last edited:

chcub1

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry. That confused me. The thread said the Gapps.zip was 21MB. That would indicate it's 21MBs compressed, so you will be able to tell if the download became corrupted.
In as much as there are no md5 sums generated and posted to check against, this is the only clue I have to go on. When I tried to sign in to the PlayStore I got a blank home page.
All info tells me it could (repeat, could) be the Gapps.zip is corrupt.
I'm also going to try with an ext.4 sd ext format. I'm currently using the ext.3 format which is supposed to be what is required for the ICS ROMs.
That might take a while till I get my Windows/Linux machine back up.

Edit: Extract 15MB Gapps.zip. It was 23.26MB extracted.
I'm starting to fully believe that the problem is the Gapps.zip is corrupt.

Do you know how to solve the 3g data problem?

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
This thread is for discussion of the Cold as Ice and Paranoid Android ROMs. This Forum is the Optimus S/Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
We don't need to derail this thread.
But, I will give some info real quick.
The V has an mdpi screen ( screen density desidnation). Any ROM from another phone with an mdpi screen can be ported over to the V.
This requires swapping some key folders in the system, editing the framework.jar from a computer using APK MutiTool or APK Tool, etc., and finding the right combination of host ROM and kernel. Takes anywhere from a day to a week to port a ROM.

In as much as the ROM is from a phone with an mdpi screen, yes it can be ported over to the V. No, you cannot just download and flash the ROM.zip in it's current state.

Any other questions need to be started in a new thread in: Optimus V/Rooting, ROMs, and hacks.

chcub1

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
This thread is for discussion of the Cold as Ice and Paranoid Android ROMs. This Forum is the Optimus S/Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
We don't need to derail this thread.
But, I will give some info real quick.
The V has an mdpi screen ( screen density desidnation). Any ROM from another phone with an mdpi screen can be ported over to the V.
This requires swapping some key folders in the system, editing the framework.jar from a computer using APK MutiTool or APK Tool, etc., and finding the right combination of host ROM and kernel. Takes anywhere from a day to a week to port a ROM.

In as much as the ROM is from a phone with an mdpi screen, yes it can be ported over to the V. No, you cannot just download and flash the ROM.zip in it's current state.

Any other questions need to be started in a new thread in: Optimus V/Rooting, ROMs, and hacks.

What about the data problem? Just wondering if you know a fix for it...

Sent from my LG-VM670

Sine Wave

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: [WIP][ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 for Sprint LS670 ZVD basesband on

This is meant as a question, not a complaint. It's a GREAT build Kraven! Thank you.
When I set up the ext, I added a swap file. It does not get used.
Is there something, not to complicated, I can do to activate it.
Can anyone recommend a dependable kernel with swap built in?
Am trying to squeezea too much out of the "Little Phone That Could"?
tia, g

Gpd54

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
New CAI convert on Optimus V

I'm running CAI on Optimus V since yesterday. I really like it and appreciate theKraven's work on it.

No major issues. However, I did happen to notice today:
- clock: lock screen clock was off by about 10 minutes until I unlocked the phone. I only noticed it once this morning.
- wifi: after installing Juice Defender (JD) on CAI 19E, wifi wouldn't start properly after JD had stopped it (e.g. when screen is off, etc). The only way I found to fix it was reboot, but then it would happen again the next time JD stopped wifi. I've no idea whether this is a conflict between JD and CAI, ICS, or whatever, but I will say that I've been running JD without issue for months on a custom GB ROM.

Workaround:
Juice Defender stops/starts wifi automatically in its default "balanced" mode to save battery. As a workaround in JD, you can select "customize", go into the Settings tab, and set WiFi to "disabled", which will prevent JD from managing your wifi. I haven't had the problem with wifi on CAI since doing this.

Last edited:

Gpd54

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site

This is meant as a question, not a complaint. It's a GREAT build Kraven! Thank you.
When I set up the ext, I added a swap file. It does not get used.
Is there something, not to complicated, I can do to activate it.
Can anyone recommend a dependable kernel with swap built in?
Am trying to squeezea too much out of the "Little Phone That Could"?
tia, g

Here's a link telling how to implement Swapper2 from the Play store to setup your swap file.

Gpd54

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem! The data turns off like every 20 minutes for me and I have to pull the battery to get data again. Have you found a solution?

You might take a look at my recent post regarding Juice Defender on CAI. I disabled wifi management in JD and my wifi problems cleared up. Maybe you are having a related issue with another 'battery saving' app (?).

_alexkta

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm running CAI on Optimus V since yesterday. I really like it and appreciate theKraven's work on it.

No major issues. However, I did happen to notice today:
- clock: lock screen clock was off by about 10 minutes until I unlocked the phone. I only noticed it once this morning.
- wifi: after installing Juice Defender (JD) on CAI 19E, wifi wouldn't start properly after JD had stopped it (e.g. when screen is off, etc). The only way I found to fix it was reboot, but then it would happen again the next time JD stopped wifi. I've no idea whether this is a conflict between JD and CAI, ICS, or whatever, but I will say that I've been running JD without issue for months on a custom GB ROM.

Workaround:
Juice Defender stops/starts wifi automatically in its default "balanced" mode to save battery. As a workaround in JD, you can select "customize", go into the Settings tab, and set WiFi to "disabled", which will prevent JD from managing your wifi. I haven't had the problem with wifi on CAI since doing this.

Flash kernel 21 clock lag is gone for me on it

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Sine Wave

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site

Here's a link telling how to implement Swapper2 from the Play store to setup your swap file.
HeyGpd54 I'll give it a try. I had tried SWAPPER FOR ROOT from Azatoth, but could not get it to work. The reviews had it touted as a faster alternative for Swapper2.
Thanks for the reply, G

chrisyroid

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

Great rom! It's working as smooth as glass for the most part. I am having problems with the voip feature though. The server connects without fail and I can make and receive calls but cannot hear anything. (don't know if the mic works either) Don't know if this is because this feature is untested or not or if there is a setting I have overlooked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non