[ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

mobius1484

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm running A9 with Hydrokernel ICS and it's great. I didn't see anything about it in the 1st post, but my voice to text doesn't work. Great other than that. Would love to get in on A10 though.

Thraeryn

DEVASTATOR
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [WIP][ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 4/5 ZVD basesband Alph

No random reboots while decently overclocked all day. Prepare to plug in if you have to spend much time away from wi-fi, as is somewhat standard.

Sometimes pressing power button doesn't bring screen back; takes seven, eight quick presses before the device finally wakes up and gets out of bed.

Clock stays synced far better now that I turned off "Back button forces close". Thanks for that note, thekraven.

Broken bluetooth is still broken. Sad face. Completely expected, tried it out of boredom.

Wi-fi seems to drop connection when the device sleeps despite my explicitly telling it not to do that.

. . . Generally workin' pretty well while maybe a bit heavier on battery drain. I don't have numbers for that, though, so make your own observations.

Thraeryn

DEVASTATOR
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

I see its on alpha 10 bit I can only find the download for alpha 9am I missing somthing

Nope. Alpha 10 is still in limited testing before it gets thrown to the hungry, slavering wolves that inhabit these forums. ;)

goofwear

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site

The camera will not pick up or read Barcodes. Also some one said they got flash working . I had flash 10.3 on cm9 and it won't work for me on cm 9. Die those who have it working could you please send or upload your flash apk

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Tested two QR code reader apps, both worked with camera preview, but neither were actually able to decode any QR i threw at them.

acromack

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site

Lol what did I miss? I'm @vanhalen.

The private a10 link isn't so private anymore.. I'd be super happy if the thread just dies down until you have a chance to get back and read it over. But somehow I doubt that'll happen. So instead, I'll just update my impressions on the a10 build in an effort to help you (but hopefully not entice people to go batsh*t crazy over how they can get it or why they don't have it).

[a10 with newest test kernel and running a data2ext script]

- Camera works perfect and uploads fine through apps like Friendcaster Pro. However, it doesn't scan barcodes/qr codes like others have said. Also, just found out that switching to video crashes the app.
- Things seems smoother than before (I've never overclocked any of these ICS builds)
- System clock still lags, but I haven't turned off the 'back button kills app' option like a few have said helps (including you)
- I'm on the 4/22 gapps and don't have the gmail empty message when scrolling issue. FWIW, when I did have this issue, it also showed up in boat browser. All good now, though, so it must have been something else? I might try the 4/29 gapps as well just to see if anything changes.
- Battery life is as good as it was before for me. I'm not overclocked, mind you, but I can easily go all day without an issue. I used data on my phone more than usual today, and I took it off the charger at a bit before 10am and it's now almost 12 hours later at 46%. Normally on a9 I could go a couple days no issue.
- a9 would give me random reboots throughout the day, even without the data2ext script. Not a single one all day today since I flashed a10 (still have the data2ext running).
- I got voice commands working by uninstalling with titanium and reinstalling from market. This works fine.
- The external speaker during calls is quiet, but acts normally while playing music (pandora and google music both stream fine)

That's about all I can think of right now. Sorry I'm not as crazy about the testing as I used to be, I need to have a functional phone most of the time since I'm actively job searching and who knows when I might get a call or need to make one. But I am sticking with this ICS build since it does have everything I need and does it quite well. Plus, it is ICS, after all. Thanks for the hard work, Kraven, and I think it's safe to say that all of us really do appreciate it and want to help out / be involved however we can.

Last edited: