[ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [WIP][ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 2/20 ZVD basesband Alp

I actually have charging issues with CM7, and yes, different chargers and cords make all the difference in the world. The HTC cord I bought: useless. The LG cord that came with the phone: persnickety, only worthwhile sometimes.

Hands-down winner among all my cords for charging: the super-long cord I got with my 3rd-gen Kindle. Don't know why or how, but that cord is quality.

Try every microUSB cord you have in the house for ten minutes of low usage. Note the differences. Hopefully you'll report back with some positive results. :)

Best cord I found? Charger that came from a Blackberry Curve. Thing charges like a champ

Reactions: rukin1

MunkyButt

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I actually have charging issues with CM7, and yes, different chargers and cords make all the difference in the world. The HTC cord I bought: useless. The LG cord that came with the phone: persnickety, only worthwhile sometimes.

Hands-down winner among all my cords for charging: the super-long cord I got with my 3rd-gen Kindle. Don't know why or how, but that cord is quality.

Try every microUSB cord you have in the house for ten minutes of low usage. Note the differences. Hopefully you'll report back with some positive results. :)

I was using a buddies HTC charger earlier and it was charging fine. Will try my old Samsung cord when I get home.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

So I flashed this just a little bit ago, and everything seems really stable. I flashed alpha4b with the medium sized gapps and iScream kernal. I followed the suggested method in the OP, so far so good. Wifi and Data works, but it is still a little dodgy. It took 4 tries for the market to successfully download gVoice and install. Keep up the good work. My biggest issues are with cm9 is that it simply isnt finished. theKravens port of it is very solid though!

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

See! I tried telling you guys that! I was trying to use my kindle cord with my apple usb adapter and it doesn't recognize in ICS. In ICS, I have found, that different cords make a difference...

Guys... if you are having charging problems, try all sorts of USB Micro cords.

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Kraven, if it is okay with anthonycr (the invent-or of the quote)... I will build a cool boot-up animation that will probably have the ICS rise up, blink or something, and then like... slap down... I want to then make it say "Kraving Ice Cream?" and then to another part where it says "CyanogenMod 9.0 with Ice Cream Sandwich loading..."

Can ANYONE I MEAN ANYONE help me out on this??

Our Optimus' has the screen res. of 320*480 so it shouldn't be hard...

IMAGINE IT...

Take a look at my signature for the picture I want to use...

Imagine that picture just popping up, blink a couple times, maybe let-out a boot sound like... an R2D2 beep or something... then just kinda plop down in three layers (bottom, Ice Cream, top)...

Then the phone saying somehow in a nice layout "Are you kraving Ice Cream Sandwich?" in a Myraid Pro font.. I have that font avialable for use if needed... Then it just kinda maybe... the text flying away to right proceeding text flying IN from the left or something saying, also in a Myraid Pro font, "CyanogenMod 9.0 with Ice Cream Sandwich loading..." then the dots would just move "." ".." "..." then restart the "dot" process...

THOUGHTS:

Maybe we could have "kraving ice cream sandwich" there first then the android rise up and plop down in layers THEN the loading text... I DON'T KNOW...

I just am "KRAVING" to make this work....

PLEASE... I have a passion for doing this and I am reaching out for image editors, 320*480 image editors (kraven) for us to come together to make this work! PLEASE!

I have posted a thread in Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks for all to see... PLEASE HELP me out...

Thanks for all your kind support.

I have posted the original ICS image below in attachments... In order for us to use this, IT WILL HAVE TO BE RESIZED. Keep in mind, 320*480. No bigger or it will not fit on our screen..

If you have ANYTHING (ideas, images, ANYTHING), PM me. I am NOT good with creating boot animations, or Adobe P.S... so please...

Thanks, again! :)

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

How iffy is data on this build? And is it fairly speedy?

Currently I'm on HydroRom Beta 2 and I REALLY REALLY wanna try this ROM but I don't want to downgrade and root ZVD to no avail. So is it stable as a daily driver of sorts? And data won't be a pain right?

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Currently I'm on HydroRom Beta 2 and I REALLY REALLY wanna try this ROM but I don't want to downgrade and root ZVD to no avail. So is it stable as a daily driver of sorts? And data won't be a pain right?

Not too bad if you follow all of the instructions to make everything work.

Reactions: xplode196

tlrsax54

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

It's an alpha, which means it's not even in the beta stages yet. Data is still hit or miss, it's definitely not a 'daily driver' for most. If you need just to make calls and text, and maybe only wifi for internet then you can get by.

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

Ok I'll do a Nandroid for sure. Just making sure because it's imperative I have data during the day so if this ROM starts freaking out then that'll be a huge issue because I'd have to restore ZVH and re-root.

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

Once again amazing job kraven. youve done it again. amazing interface and will be even better once beta stages have begun cant wait!!!!!!!! :D

Happy modding everyone!!!!!!! :)

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

Loving the ROM so far. Got a few bugs though

1. Home button seems to not work. Tried rebooting but for some reason it's like its disabled EDIT: Dunno what i did, but I fixed it. I'll be sure to look the the zip and read the threads in the future, thanks jonny
2. When I try to install apps from unknown sources (after checking the box), I go to install the app and it insists i didn't allow unknown sources
3. Search button doesn't seem to work

Last edited:

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

1. Home button seems to not work. Tried rebooting but for some reason it's like its disabled
2. When I try to install apps from unknown sources (after checking the box), I go to install the app and it insists i didn't allow unknown sources

Someone didn't read all the way he has a fix that is flashable in first thread for buttons read the whole post

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

1. Home button seems to not work. Tried rebooting but for some reason it's like its disabled

Both noted. On 1, usually a reboot immediately after flashing without logging into Google solves it. On 2, most settings do not stick unless you immediately reboot after you change a setting, do not press back or home.

rukin1

Banned
Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

lol Mines stuck on The Boot screen... How long does it take to boot after flash lloll

tlrsax54

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

lol Mines stuck on The Boot screen... How long does it take to boot after flash lloll

A few minutes...if it doesn't, pull the battery and try to boot again. If it still sticks, then I would wipe and re-flash...

rukin1

Banned
Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

yee lol it didn't work. How to do a few things. i think i've got it fixed.

rukin1

Banned
Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

16aw4si.png