FIXED: Brightness on Phone Randomly Changing

RAUDAA#AC

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the auto brightness turned off, and the brightness turned all the way down but I find the screen will randomly be brighter and I have to go in and turn it back down. Anyone else have this happen? I find the lowest setting sufficient for most viewing situations (90%), and it keeps the battery from going down to badly.

skatanic000

Banned
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Yea, that's recently been happening to me too. No suggestions on how to fix but I have a switchpro widget that let's me change brightness pretty easily.

Marshmallow713

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, what deihmos is saying is what happened to me when I first got the phone. If you press the top of the phone so that the notification slider starts to slide down, but leave your thumb or finger at the top of the phone, and then slide yoru finger to the left or right, you can change the brightness of the phone. Left = dimmer Right = brighter.

Its anoying when you don't know about it, but a great feature now that I know its there :D

HeyBeerManTX

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, what deihmos is saying is what happened to me when I first got the phone. If you press the top of the phone so that the notification slider starts to slide down, but leave your thumb or finger at the top of the phone, and then slide yoru finger to the left or right, you can change the brightness of the phone. Left = dimmer Right = brighter.

Its anoying when you don't know about it, but a great feature now that I know its there :D

....and these little tidbits are exactly why I spend so much time reading sites like this!

c0c0nutsp0rt

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the heads up. Great feature now that I know about it.

slith003

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
screen brghtness jumps from 0% to 75%

I have my screen brightness at 0% and it will jump to 75%. I have auto brightness turned off. Do you know what is causing this to happen?

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
If you read in this thread, you'll understand why it happens.

But I think a mod moved your thread into this one,

Swiping your finger across the navigation bar turns it into a brightness setting bar.
Like the settings, put your finger to the left for low brightness and so on. Keep in mind, u don't Need to actually swipe, which is y it happens accidentally so often.
Bringing down the notification bar can easily enable this feature
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

CapsLockKey

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
One thing I've noticed is the browser has a separate brightness setting, so when you go back and forth between the browser and other things on the phone it looks like the brightness is shifting if you don't have them set the same.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I usually keep my brightness on 17% (perfect for me) and find that it moves sometimes. The reason why that happens to me is because when I'm talking for a long period of time with someone, the phone will slightly move away from my ear and the tip of my ear touches the top notification bar moving the brightness. So be aware that your ear/side of your face might possibly be doing that as well. Quite annoying!

Gabriel Watson

Feb 16, 2019
Visit site

I have a thirty dollar TCL a ND have checked for this setting and have not found it to exist. My phone just randomly changes brightness when I go from one room to another. I have the brightness all the way down(0%) and auto-brightness off. Any ideas?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo