2150 mAH Extended Battery In Stock

drfundy

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I have the seidio extended battery (the one that doesn't change the form factor) I would like to get a second more powerful one but it is important to me that I can still use my innocase so I probably wont get one unless and until seidio releases an innocase that works with the extended battery door

imma_rage_quit

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I have never been able to have such luck with the CSRs...I just don't know what to say to them.... :(

Just explain to them that it is unacceptable for a $200 (or almost $600 depending if you actually paid full price) phone to only last 4-5 hours with light to moderate usage. Keep repeating it and don't be afraid to tell them what you want. if you want a free battery tell them you want a free battery. I told them I realize they don't make the phones but they certainly have control over the products offered to their customers. Therefore they do have some responsibility to make it right. Like I said before tell them you will call every time you have to plug your phone in after the battery only last 4-5 hours and follow through with it. It won't take long before they give you SOMETHING just to get you to shut up and leave them alone!

IncredibleLane

May 13, 2010
Visit site
This battery mess really makes me want to cancel my service with Verizon. I've called 3 times so far, and no budge. They just talk to me like I'm an idiot. The most recent guy literally was spelling things out saying how "Verizon. is. not. liable. You need to call HTC because you don't complain to Walmart when your cable service is bad"

Well sir... I didn't buy the phone from HTC!!! I bought it from Verizon! (And he also says how he has a DROID, and his battery never lasts him through the day... Well then you're an idiot, sir)

I never even really had a problem with the battery; I'm home enough that I can plug it up or at least use the car charger, and I only wanted a 10 percent discount on principle.. It seems to me like if I would have called before my 30 days were up, it would be a different story. Now I can't even threaten to cancel my plan because I would still have to pay $350..

If another carrier had decent service in my area, and I didn't have to pay the (ridiculous) cancellation fee, I would switch in a second.

Does anyone have the contact information for HTC? (Sorry about the rant)

markhunsaker

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Someone on another forum took pictures of the new battery door...if mine is that big, I'm returning it. It is massive! It stands 4 to 5 centimeters talker.

hls811

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm really tempted to call Big Red and start going off the handle about battery life. Although I JUST ordered a seidio case.. maybe I can manage to swing a 1750 battery out of them? Or at least discounted?

I wonder how many other forum regulars are going to be calling VZW with the news that some special people got free accessories.. Not fair!

But congrats to the people who got them!

*Edit* Just got off the phone with VZW.. They aren't being very helpful at all. Not even a 10 % discount.. :( Am I not being mean enough?

Mean enough, or too mean? (just kidding, I don't know what sort of tone you had...) I called the Main Customer Service Line today and spoke to a CSR and explained that I was getting what I considered to be poor battery life, I said it was about 4-6 hours depending on usage, which is pretty accurate when I don't do the bump charging and use the stock battery. (I also have a Seidio which does better). He went through the normal checklist of things: Wi-fi off when not in use, GPS off, screen not brightened, he asked about ATK (which I had). I explained that I loved the phone and didn't want to send the thing back for a warranty replacement due to the delays so he offered to send me a stock battery as a warranty replacement just to see if maybe I got a bad battery. I explained that I paid $250 for the phone (1 year pricing), $25 for a Verizon charger cause my old one didn't work with this, I already paid $40 for a Seidio battery which worked better but still wasn't enough and that another $50 for a battery is a bit too much, so I asked if I could pay the difference between the stock battery price and the 2150 and he put me on hold, checked with a supervisor and came back and said yes. So it came out to $20 and it'll ship Monday.

I was really polite with the guy, I spent about 20 minutes on the phone with him and he was really nice in return, you could tell he wanted to help me.

IncredibleLane

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I've had Verizon for 2 years, and they've always been more than accommodating, but they simply aren't budging with me on this issue. I'm still going to call every day, but the more I talk to people, the more frustrated I get.

Bobby9

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't know how VZW works but the call center I've worked at we document everything so if you keep calling they'll see you asked for free stuff and won't give it to you. The only way I see you getting it is if there's something on your account (service time maybe) that'll have them let you get something but who knows except VZW workers.

Colin

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Am I not being mean enough?

Please don't be that person. Don't take it out on the CSRs. They're low level employees who have to follow company policy. The way to their hearts is not through complaining and making demands. Be nice and treat them like humans.

Here, have a story from my life as a service desk employee for an Apple dealership.

Customer: *storms into store* So what are you guys doing about the problem with the Macbook Pro?
Me: What problem?
Customer: *Rolling eyes* The overheating problem. It's all over the internet, everyone's having it. Don't act like you don't know about it.
Me: We see dozens of those machines in here every week, and this is the first I've heard of it.
Customer: Well you should check out the Apple Customer Service boards. There's a post in there with hundreds of people complaining...
Me: *long, drawn out sigh*
Me: Did you buy the machine here?
Customer: No, I bought it from a mail order catalog.
Me: It's normal for machines like this to get warm when you're pushing the CPU and GPU hard.
Customer: Young man, I've been using Apple laptops since before you were born (note: false), and nothing has ever been like this one. It's a fire hazard!
Me: Would you like to leave it here so that we can confirm it's overheating and replace any faulty parts under warranty?
Customer: No, I want a new computer.
Me: Have you contacted the business you actually bought this computer from?
Customer: Yes, they won't replace it.
Me: As an Apple Authorized Service Provider, we're bound by Apple's company policy with regards to making warranty repairs, which this doesn't fall under.
Customer: So just replace it with a new one.
Me: Sir, you didn't even buy this from us.
Customer: Well can you at least give me store credit or something for my trouble?
Note that he's betrayed his true motive. He doesn't actually expect a new computer, he's just trying to extract free stuff from a business that he didn't even buy his product from.
Me: I can refer you back to the business you bought it from...
Customer: Well that's just terrible service. I want to speak to your manager!
Me: Sure! He'll tell you the same thing though.

Customer: Are you the manager?
Manager: Yes, what can I do for you?
Customer: *points to me* Your employee here is being extremely unhelpful...

The problem here, as in my example, is customer expectations. Apparently people will buy high end Apple laptops with dual video cards, etc, and then be surprised that they get warm when you fire up Final Cut Pro. Then they go online, find a handful of other people who feel the same way, and convince themselves that it's some kind of widespread design flaw and that they all deserve to be given something. When their forum thread of righteous indignation fails to attract Steve Jobs to personally deliver an engraved apology to their doorstep, they come out to local retail and repair shops and take it out on guys like me, leading us to binge drinking and depression.

I never even really had a problem with the battery; I'm home enough that I can plug it up or at least use the car charger, and I only wanted a 10 percent discount on principle.. It seems to me like if I would have called before my 30 days were up, it would be a different story. Now I can't even threaten to cancel my plan because I would still have to pay $350..

It's a smartphone, guys. It's normal to only get a workday's worth of life out of the battery. You probably knew that before you bought it. It's not a disgrace, and verizon doesn't owe you anything for it. Just buy the extended battery and be glad it's not an iPhone where you don't even have that option.

Last edited:

Scopic

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I remember when I talked to a csr at microsoft about how I mailed in an offer that they had advertised for a free data migration kit. I never received it after, like, 3 months so I called. I was very nice especially considering the circumstances. The letter got lost in the mail, how was that my fault? They said they should not give me the kit without the form that i sent. I told the csr guy that.i understand that its not his fault, but it wasnt mine either. He kept telling me no anyway and wouldn't let me speak to his supervisor.

Wanna hear the funny part? The kit retails for $15.

Microsoft cant afford a 15 dollar loss apparently.

IncredibleLane

May 13, 2010
Visit site
With all due respect, this battery is a disgrace. The phone came with an inadequate battery, end of story.

When a customer pays 200 dollars for a phone with a 2year smartphone plan, I think the business should value that customer enough to give them a 10% discount on an adequate battery to say "sorry". They rigorously test these phones from the manufacturer. They knew about the battery life. They sold it anyway. I'm in no way demanding a free product.

I'm sorry you've had bad experiences with customer, but not everyone is like the "mac-man" and not everyone is just trying to get free stuff for no reason.

magellanous

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered it and they are offering 2 day free shipping. Sucks that I now will have two cases that won't work with the larger battery but I'd rather have the extra juice than the slick case. I'm sure they'll be coming out with new cases anyway.

I'm not thrilled with the stock battery life...somedays are better than others but I am thrilled with the phone and don't regret making the jump away from my blackberry (which easily lasted 2 days). There's always going to be trade offs.

yomonk1

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered it and they are offering 2 day free shipping. Sucks that I now will have two cases that won't work with the larger battery but I'd rather have the extra juice than the slick case. I'm sure they'll be coming out with new cases anyway.

I'm not thrilled with the stock battery life...somedays are better than others but I am thrilled with the phone and don't regret making the jump away from my blackberry (which easily lasted 2 days). There's always going to be trade offs.

Where did you order it from? Could you post the link for us?

Colin

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
With all due respect, this battery is a disgrace. The phone came with an inadequate battery, end of story.

When a customer pays 200 dollars for a phone with a 2year smartphone plan, I think the business should value that customer enough to give them a 10% discount on an adequate battery to say "sorry". They rigorously test these phones from the manufacturer. They knew about the battery life. They sold it anyway. I'm in no way demanding a free product.

I'm sorry you've had bad experiences with customer, but not everyone is like the "mac-man" and not everyone is just trying to get free stuff for no reason.

If I buy a small house for a competitive price in a neighborhood full of similar houses, live in it for a month, and then decide that it's not big enough, is that the homebuilder's fault? The realtor? Or is it my fault for buying the wrong size house? Should I ask for a discounted mortgage "on principle?"

The stock incredible battery is roughly on par with iphone batteries in terms of life. Smartphones are pretty demanding compared to other phones and they push battery technology to the limit. After all, these are phones with big bright screens that get used quite a bit throughout the day, but people also expect them to be slim and pocketable. I can understand that you're disappointed that your phone only lasts a day, but when you said earlier that you don't actually have a problem with the battery life, you just want a discount "on principle", to me that sounds a lot like trying to get something just because you want it, and not because you need/deserve it. I don't think that's very ethical.

If you felt like a salesperson had mislead you with false claims about the battery life, then you might be justified in asking for a free or discounted replacement. Did that happen?

I myself will be buying this battery when it's available, and not trying to squeeze a freebie out of some poor sales associate's commission.

IncredibleLane

May 13, 2010
Visit site
If I buy a small house for a competitive price in a neighborhood full of similar houses, live in it for a month, and then decide that it's not big enough, is that the homebuilder's fault? The realtor? Or is it my fault for buying the wrong size house? Should I ask for a discounted mortgage "on principle?"

The stock incredible battery is roughly on par with iphone batteries in terms of life. Smartphones are pretty demanding compared to other phones and they push battery technology to the limit. After all, these are phones with big bright screens that get used quite a bit throughout the day, but people also expect them to be slim and pocketable. I can understand that you're disappointed that your phone only lasts a day, but when you said earlier that you don't actually have a problem with the battery life, you just want a discount "on principle", to me that sounds a lot like trying to get something just because you want it, and not because you need/deserve it. I don't think that's very ethical.

If you felt like a salesperson had mislead you with false claims about the battery life, then you might be justified in asking for a free or discounted replacement. Did that happen?

I myself will be buying this battery when it's available, and not trying to squeeze a freebie out of some poor sales associate's commission.

:confused: I really don't think 10% off a 30 dollar battery is too much to ask. (I only wanted the 1750 because that's all my needs require) Especially considering the amount of money I've ALREADY spent on the phone itself, the plan, and the accessories (all from VZW)... At this point, it's just a matter of keeping the customer happy.. A 12 hour battery life would make me happy (currently I get around 8)... I don't see what the problem is here.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered from VZW customer service

I just ordered (2) HTC 2150 mAh batteries from customer service. So they are in stock, I got a discount (not sure why, but thank you VZW Customer Service).