[GB][2.11.605.0][Sense3.0]BAMF Forever 1.0.7

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: [GB][2.11.605.0][Sense3.0]BAMF Forever 1.0.4

The "WIPE" is a new addition to the main OP's thread since I downloaded the new 1.0.4 update yesterday.... I guess I'm doing a full system wipe before attempting to install this one again.

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

I just rolled back to 1.0.3 backup... just an hour or so ago I noticed I saw "Beijing" as my city on Beautiful Widget's Weather... so I added the Sense clock/weather widget to the screen and wow, I'm in Beijing... then it strikes me that my time is off... no it's not a little off, it's a LOT off... I'm in Beijing's time zone, which is 13 hours difference... here is my screen shoot taken just after 7am CST - in Minneapolis, MN.

screenshot-1316001897278.png

Panic... ok... made a backup... reloaded 1.0.3 backup... I'm back to a normal location on my weather and the correct timezone.

I have not seen this behavior. My clock widget with weather loads my city and correct time. I went from 1.0.3 to 1.0.4.

At this point the only thing not working, and already noted is the VZW app.

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

For those having problems signing into myverizon and NFL mobile you need to go back to a clean install of 1.0.2 (login should work on this version) then backup the Verizon single sign-on engine app. Proceed to upgrade to the latest version by wiping caches only. Don't forget to delete the BAMF extras folder before each install. The SSO app/data can be restored if coming from a data wipe.

Reactions: fatboy97

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site

I am currently running shiftsense 1.4f

Would I need a full wipe or just get by w/ a brief wiping?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

I am currently running shiftsense 1.4f

Would I need a full wipe or just get by w/ a brief wiping?

I'd say with the trouble I just had you should do a full wipe... if you don't then you can have the same fun I just had building it again anyways.

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

For those having problems signing into myverizon and NFL mobile you need to go back to a clean install of 1.0.2 (login should work on this version) then backup the Verizon single sign-on engine app. Proceed to upgrade to the latest version by wiping caches only. Don't forget to delete the BAMF extras folder before each install. The SSO app/data can be restored if coming from a data wipe.

Surely there has to be a better way to get from there to here..... i've been doing a data wipe betwen every flash.

Interestingly, even though I cant signon, the widget for data usage still updates itself.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Ok nate44, it happen to me finally... I use MyBackup Root... can I use that to backup the data and app from MyVerizon... then restore that backup... or do I need to use Titanium to backup this SSO app/data, because I don't see an SSO app using MyBackup Root?

RSchmidt624

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: [GB][2.11.605.0][Sense3.0]BAMF Forever 1.0.5

what is the deal with the look of my text messages. I hate how I have to scroll up to see what the other person wrote, it should be

Me: blah blah
you: blah blah
me:blah blah

instead it shows

you:blah blah

not in normal conversation style at all. What can I do, outside of downloading chomp or handcent, to fix this.

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

what is the deal with the look of my text messages. I hate how I have to scroll up to see what the other person wrote, it should be

instead it shows

not in normal conversation style at all. What can I do, outside of downloading chomp or handcent, to fix this.

I am running 1.0.5 and do not see this behavior.

rpervier

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

Dumb question I know but, how do I go about installing the patch files. I’d like to try the 2.1 answering patch to see if it fixes my call answering issue. btw, if I have the TB on my desk all works just fine but if I have it in my pocket all I get is the end call option.
Other than that small issue I totally love this GB ROM!!!!!!
Thanks for the help.

UPDATE:Just had a thought, went to sound settings and unchecked "Pocket mode" and it seemed to fix the problem.

Wildside

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site

instead it shows

I think this is the same thing I saw with RC4.9 (don't remember specifically if that's the format the SMS time issue shows up as).

Try SMS Time Fix in the market.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Surely there has to be a better way to get from there to here..... i've been doing a data wipe betwen every flash.

Interestingly, even though I cant signon, the widget for data usage still updates itself.

Flash a backup of your current Forever ROM... wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache.... install 1.0.2... bootup, start logging in, use MyVerizon and login to that successfully, then start Titanium Backup, make a backup of "Verizon Single Sign-On Engine 1.0.16" app and data... make a backup of 1.0.2 (keep it for history)... restore backup of Forever ROM above.... start Titanium Backup and restore Verizon SSO Engine and Data... it did work for me.

Reactions: djousma

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

Flash a backup of your current Forever ROM... wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache.... install 1.0.2... bootup, start logging in, use MyVerizon and login to that successfully, then start Titanium Backup, make a backup of "Verizon Single Sign-On Engine 1.0.16" app and data... make a backup of 1.0.2 (keep it for history)... restore backup of Forever ROM above.... start Titanium Backup and restore Verizon SSO Engine and Data... it did work for me.

Thanks! that did work. I appreciate the direction.

panitsos

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

ok everything seems to be ok except for battery life as usual with any rom and my hot spot isnt working. yes i downloaded the zip file for it and installed it. and where is the tethering app? i cant seem to find it.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Love this rom but I wanted to know if there were a way to delete homescreens? I only need 5. Also is anybody else having problems with myverizon? I cant login

I haven't seen any roms with stock Sense UI that allows changing number of screen desktops.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

ok everything seems to be ok except for battery life as usual with any rom and my hot spot isnt working. yes i downloaded the zip file for it and installed it. and where is the tethering app? i cant seem to find it.

Is in the usual place, check for Mobile Hotspot in apparently launcher. The widget doesn't work but oh works perfect from the regular method.

panitsos

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

theres only two places i found it at, the widget and under wireless and neither one works, it keeps telling me i have to subcribe to it, is there a tethering app some where?