HTC Rezound First Impressions/Reviews

poohgeorge13

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Coming from the OG Droid and the Droid x I am thoroughly impressed with the resound. I, like many others did a side by side with the razr and chose the rezound based on what I use phones for. The razr was impressive but the rezound fit my needs better. And the camera totally blows away the competition!

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Im one of the Galaxy Nexus faithful. And while i don't have too much of a grudge with Verizon, im simply tired of waiting. Thanks to the extended time, im not remorseful in buying the Rezound. But i have a feeling i may not return it.

For starters, i love the feel of the phone, it's thickness feels great in my hand. Not cheap by any means. I love the Rezounds hardware more than the Nexus, but the difference is software.

I realized, i would be rooting the Nexus and running CM9 when released. Just like i would on the Rezound. Which means theres really no difference. I don't mind using sense until CM9 is released. Now my main question is when Jelly Bean comes out and the Nexus gets it. Will HTC put the Rezound on the list to get it? It's just as powerful as the Nexus so i think it can.

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
ICS was just released, I wouldn't count on seeing the next OS until mid next year at the earliest. If the Nexus is getting it, then the Rezound sure will since it has the hardware for it.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Im one of the Galaxy Nexus faithful. And while i don't have too much of a grudge with Verizon, im simply tired of waiting. Thanks to the extended time, im not remorseful in buying the Rezound. But i have a feeling i may not return it.

For starters, i love the feel of the phone, it's thickness feels great in my hand. Not cheap by any means. I love the Rezounds hardware more than the Nexus, but the difference is software.

I realized, i would be rooting the Nexus and running CM9 when released. Just like i would on the Rezound. Which means theres really no difference. I don't mind using sense until CM9 is released. Now my main question is when Jelly Bean comes out and the Nexus gets it. Will HTC put the Rezound on the list to get it? It's just as powerful as the Nexus so i think it can.

No one knows for sure, not even HTC at this point, for obvious reasons, but I would expect phones like the Rezound, Razor, Bionoc, etc to get JB, probably not right away since they will want to do their more recent devices first, but I think it will, just as I believe Thunderbolt will get ICS eventually. .

Z Fury

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been patiently waiting for the Nexus, but these reviews may sway me toward the Rezound. This phone sounds amazing, and as an Android noob, I think a skinned phone (Sense, Blur, etc.) may be easier to learn with.

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I just booted mine up for the first time this morning after the battery charged up overnight. The first thing I noticed was how sharp and clear the screen is. Almost like my Sony HD tv only smaller! Coming over from a cellphone...Moto i580 about 4 years old...things have really changed from the little 1.5 inch x 1.5 inch screen to this. This thing is FAST ! Being a first time Android user, I found most things easy to find but did have to go to the neat AndriodCentral help n tips for power settings and other directions. Went outside to test the camera and will download this afternoon. Like the Sense 3.5 as this will be the baseline for me to compare others to. I hear Windows 7.5 is nice and I almost went with the HTC Trophy over on Sprint but decided to switch to Verizon and pick up on the 1 cent sale during Thanksgiving at Amazonwireless for the Rezound. Looking forward to seeing how long I can get the standard battery to last using some suggestions given by all at this forum. Overall build quality looks really nice. I have looked and held the Moto Razr which is a beautiful phone but to me, It's a little too thin. The Rezound feels just right in my hands to hold and use one-handed. I'm ambidextrous so with the volume switch on the right side I'll try using my left hand for now. The power/lock button will take some time to get use to as it seems to disappear when you feel for it. Same with the volume button. I picked up a couple of items when I ordered the phone, a mobile charger and the Otterbox case which I'm still waiting on. I also live in a 3G only area and reception is very good like my old i580 use to get. 3-4 bars even in my house which is mostly brick.
For a first time user, the Rezound is solid, easy to navigate using GB, is not too big, and has a beautiful screen that even a near-senior citizen can appreciate. ;)

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I've been patiently waiting for the Nexus, but these reviews may sway me toward the Rezound. This phone sounds amazing, and as an Android noob, I think a skinned phone (Sense, Blur, etc.) may be easier to learn with.

If you are new to Android then I would definitely recommend the Rezound or Razr over the Nexus. As you stated it may end up being easier to use, but it is also important to remember that at least for the first few months there will be many apps that don't work correctly (or at all) with ICS and unless you have the patience to deal with that then I would suggest you get a phone with Gingerbread on it. By the time this and the Razr get the ICS updates most app developers should have had the time to test and update their apps to support ICS.

Z Fury

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
If you are new to Android then I would definitely recommend the Rezound or Razr over the Nexus. As you stated it may end up being easier to use, but it is also important to remember that at least for the first few months there will be many apps that don't work correctly (or at all) with ICS and unless you have the patience to deal with that then I would suggest you get a phone with Gingerbread on it. By the time this and the Razr get the ICS updates most app developers should have had the time to test and update their apps to support ICS.

That's what I figured. I appreciate the advice. I'll probably pick up the Rezound in the next couple days.

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I wish I didn't have to agree with you since I've loved (almost) every Moto Android phone I've owned to date, but with the Bionic and now the RAZR, it's clear that they're really falling behind. I was excited about the RAZR until I felt how wide and tall the damn thing was, and compared the screen to the Rezound, which is no comparison at all. Also found the call quality on the Rezound to be better than the RAZR, and that was shocking to me.

So far, I'm impressed with the overall quality of my Rezound. Once permanent root is established and a stock flash can be used for emergency purposes, I'm going to town on this phone!

+1

While the GN (from what we know) and the Razr are impressive, it's hard to ignore how truly great the Rezound is. It's got high end specs, great build and software to compete with other phones for atleast your entire two year contract. As much as I wanted the GN, I believe I'll make the right decision with HTC's newest VZW offering. Plus once permanent root is established, this phone would only get better. $299 is a lot so I want to get my money's worth and then some from old Big Red.

richtree

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just wanted to say I love this phone....the battery was no problem at all until I started download and using alot of apps....

It does drain somewhat quickly but the beats phones / music are great and so is the service of 4g....

I really didn't like the feel of the Razr in my hand and this phone is the best phone I have had .

I really like the option of having extra batteries on hand too....

Not one bad thing to say except battery life....but I haven't found any smartphone with a good battery

sophware

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Oh, I really hope so. Waiting for everyone to prove me wrong.

OTOH, though I LOVE this phone, the camera doesn't seem great for some things, particularly indoor shots of people. Since those shots are super common, I'm hoping we learn some tricks to get them to come out better. I don't mind manually setting ISO, flash, etc, scene, etc.

Off to check the sticky for Rezound pics...

(RAZR sucks, was getting Rezound to hold me over 'till Nexus, will now probably just keep the Rezound; I de-bloated it and will be using CM9)

kevinAnd

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I am with life begins friday. I have always been a fan of Moto. My wife swears by her HTC's. I am thinking of making the jump to a Rezound

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I have a Bionic, and thought that I would try a Rezound. I opened a new line, so I have a few days to try it out. My first impression is that it is a nice phone, but it is laggy. Maybe it is the Sense, but I also tried Launcher Pro Plus, and it too is laggy. Even the app drawer scrolling is choppy, not fluid. My Bionic is much smoother in every aspect. Do I have a bad phone, or is this the norm?

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm brand new to Android and, after two years with BB, I'm literally awed by Rezound. I'm also a bit afraid of it, worried that something would be wrong with it and I'd have to take it back. :-[

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm brand new to Android and, after two years with BB, I'm literally awed by Rezound. I'm also a bit afraid of it, worried that something would be wrong with it and I'd have to take it back. :-[

lol it's gonna be ok, I promise.
I kinda felt that way when I got my Rezound, coming from an OG Droid, particularly with the 4G.
I remember back in the day when I got Cable modem internet, coming from dial-up, and was crapping my pants over 10/MBs downloads. I did a speed test on my Rezound, and I was getting 27/MBs download speeds. I ran to my girlfriend to show her the results and tried calm myself and explain. She didn't give a crap, though.

Eileen89

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I came to Verizon and the HTC Rezound after usig an iPhone for more than 2 years. When I first started using the Rezound I did find it hard getting used to the size of it and not going longer than 13 hours on a charge. The larger screen on the Rezound is great. I like how the text on the Rezound is reformatted to fit the screen with one single tap, also, texting and posting is much faster for me now thanks to the trace feature. The Rezound has a solid build, but isn't heavy or hard to hold for long periods of time at all. The only thing that I am having a tough time with on the Rezound is connecting the cable to it when it is time to charge it. I wish HTC would have done a better job on the design so it wouldn't be so difficult to connect it, but this might be just a matter of me getting used to a different connector too. So far the Rezound is a 10/10 for me. HTC made it so easy for someone like me who was using a device that did everything without much user effort. The only thing that could push the Rezound over the top is ICS, and that will be here soon. :)

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I sold my Bionic on e-bay. I'm going to return the Rezound to Amazon. It is a great phone, but I'm going to wait until I have 4G available in my area, and then see what is out at that time. Going back to my Inc2, which in my opinion is one of the best phones on VZW. Not comparing to Bionic or Rezound per se, but just as a great all-around phone.

A-1PSKGG

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I think the camera is great, I think the burst ability is new to most phone cameras( I played with alot of dif ones before picking the rezound) The feel of the phone is greatly improved by adding the larger battery.I think the screen is nice and clear, but not so bright in daylight. I love how compact the power and volume controls are, with my last droid, the buttons always caused problems,Love the kick stand/holster case. okay, this one is silly, but i feel is worth mentioning....the fact that you can continue around and around with the home screens...love it..dunno why that always bothered me with my last phone that you got to the end..then had to go back. anyways, i could go on but I think the phone is a dang good phone...is it perfect? no..but the perfect phone only exist in sci-fi movies. and this one will definitely fill my 2 yr contract.maybe by then..the perfect phone will be here...ha...ha. we are never satisfied ...but advancement comes from not being satisfied...