[ROM]CM10.1/PAC-rom jb 4.2.2 The JBC alpha build

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for off subject but i need the device driver for lg optimus v device driver ...greatly appreciated ....again sorry for off subject thnx

Sent from my LG-VM670 using AC Forums mobile app

Kevin DeBauch

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Attached Files
gpsfix3.theJBC.zip (160.7 KB, 729 views)
Virgin.fix4.3.0kernel.jbc-CM10.1.zip (139.0 KB, 280 views)

When I flash these two files, it causes my phone to freeze at the LG screen when booting. It does not get any further. I am not sure which file is causing the problem, but was hoping someone may have had a similar issue and could help me figure this out! I flashed PAC_JB_4.2.2-v22.0.1_20130414-042136, then the Newer JB 4.2 gapps from KonstaT, then the Virgin.fix4.3.0kernel.jbc-CM10.1 and finally the gpsfix3.theJBC. If I flash just the ROM and Gapps, everything works alright, though it does seem to be a little unstable!

Thanks for any help, I have read a fair bit of the posts in this thread, but must admit I have trouble following some of it.

Last edited:

fortyquid

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else having trouble with the Maps update from last month? When I updated to 7.x Maps became unusable. Uninstalled. Sideloaded 6.9. Anybody successfully using 7.x on this ROM?

ppossumm

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I went from PAC to the new kravenCM10.1(7/15) and very happy with the switch. No random reboots, faster, smoother and reliable enough for the daily driver(so far). I just could not find a winning combo to stick with the PAC.
EDIT: I switched back to PAC with clean install and life is better-- The battery drain on JBC is ridiculous. Ignore the rest of the post
Two lil' issues:
Virgin Fix has my home key and menu key switched. I would like the home key to be 'home' and the menu key to be 'menu'

I was going to play around and try a new PRL but the QPST will not recognize the phone on COM on Device Manager>USB Controllers. I switched to my backup of PAC to make PRL changes but, still, this ROM is not recognized as LG or Android, just 'USB mass storage device'.

Last edited:

kcire_eae

May 31, 2013
Visit site
hello I'm from mexico, I do not speak English and I liked the rom to android 4.2.2 but when I install the bluetooth works.
ie when I turn it off no longer, or never turned on, and if it does I can not find devices.

another thing is that my LS670 fuan activated and programmed in unefon (mexico) but I can not enter settings # # 778 # in any rom, not even on the stock rom, in this one I enter # # 3282 # # # 33284 # but not # # 778 #.

the problem is that even in pac-rom I can get to these settings, try it with QPST but only says that we perform but when I restart everything is equal.

well I hope ye meet, and hopefully very good job and exit one new version (rom)

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Finally took the plunge with the 3.0.8 kernel and the new version of JBC.

My thoughts:

Smoother. Rebooted itself once, maybe its because it was shoved in my pocket and it was warm outside. RAM management seems to be much much better. hopefully leading to less force closes over time. Snappier with Crossbreeder than on previous builds. Also boots faster, PAC and previous builds took its sweet time.

However, the battery bug is bothersome, but manageable. Have to put it to sleep and wake it up to get the accurate reading. Battery drain though is much more noticeable...on previous builds, unless I was doing some serious Spotify, I was hovering around 4-7% an hour with Friendcaster syncing every 15 minutes, my Falcon Pro (Twitter) syncing one account every 20 mins, Gmail on real-time sync on three accounts, Weatherbug Elite polling every hour and running Google Now...brightness set to 30% and sleep after 30 seconds.. With serious Spotifying, around 10-12% an hour tops.

Now on the new build, I am around 8-12% an hour and I could literally be doing nothing, except allowing that background sync. Guess I have to carry at least two spare batteries on me at most times?

UPDATE: This ROM is smooth, more fluid and reboots less on the 3.0.8 kernel...but the battery drain is way too much for me at this point...and with me going out of town soon, this phone would not last a car drive from Chicago to the northern suburbs of Detroit on one battery at all. Or maybe even two. I will keep an eye on the 3.0.8 thread on the OptiV root forum in the meantime for updates and improvement on the battery drain. Sorry! :(

Last edited:

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
battery bugs me too.
I get pretty decent battery life as long as the 3g, wifi, and BT are off, though. over a day, mostly just light use of sms.

That's pretty much a non-starter for me with that...music journalist...if I am not behind my desk scoping the scoop, then I gotta be on my phone checking emails and social media...

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
That's pretty much a non-starter for me with that...music journalist...if I am not behind my desk scoping the scoop, then I gotta be on my phone checking emails and social media...
I get longer life without gapps installed (that background sync bites) but that probably wouldn't suit your needs either. I'm not sure when I'll have time now to keep trying to fix it, working seven days a week really chews up one's free time when added to even online classes. I'd sure like to have at least the readouts working properly, not to mention having it detect the charger type correctly.

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I get longer life without gapps installed (that background sync bites) but that probably wouldn't suit your needs either. I'm not sure when I'll have time now to keep trying to fix it, working seven days a week really chews up one's free time when added to even online classes. I'd sure like to have at least the readouts working properly, not to mention having it detect the charger type correctly.

Understandable! Your particular kernel, I actually had Voice Search working on the 2.6 build (using the old one)...but on this one, it FCs, making the Utter! Beta useless...

Eduardo Galvan

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Okay. I know it's late. I've reflashed this ROM again. (Paranoid Android & The JBC) Here's my pro/con list for this beta. (I won't be critical, don't worry.)
Pros
?4.2.2, of course!
?Working 3G on BOTH ZVD/ VM's ZVJ
?You can install most JellyBean apps now.
?Instagram & YouTube video work perfectly! (You can record Instagram video too, just l a g g i l y.
?BigSuperSquid's kernel. It provides the MOST stability out of any I've flashed. Clocks fine @ 84x/86x on my OV.
?Do I need say more?
Cons
?Battery drains fast, keep an extra battery, OR buy an extended battery. (I've assumed most of you already have.)
?Charger is NOT recognized on boot, due to kernel issues, so no updated charge status for you. (Just leave it plugged in, and it charges.)
?Since Jelly Bean is SO big, that you don't have a lot of room to work with. (Link2SD was my solution.)
?Expect some random reboots 'cause dis shat be crazy, dawg! (Seriously, what did you expect? A 2.2 phone running 4.2, smoothly?

This is the end of my cons/pro list. I wasn't trying to be critical AT ALL, but I just listed a list.
?

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
You can trade some of that clock speed for stability. I used to run at 600/749, and it was rock solid, and still pretty quick.

Eduardo Galvan

May 5, 2013
Visit site
upconvert;3051201[B said:
]You can trade some of that clock speed for stability. I used to run at 600/749, and it was rock solid, and still pretty quick.[/B]
Yeah, I've tried those speeds. Right up until Instagram didn't like those clock speeds. Instagram froze the phone and rebooted. Each time I tried opening Instagram again, it would freeze and crash.

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
So far a very nice rom indeed. However listing in the description that it is a ZVD based ROM could've saved me some troubles. So used a nandroid to go back, found the patch, flashed it. Had cell phone again...but now I am facing the charger issue. I do think it charges in Recovery....but if the phone is dead that does me no good. I'm trying to get it enough charge to get into recovery and change roms. "What really sucks is I have a Venice, Optimus Dynamic, and this Iwireless Optimus S....Almost all smae sized/identical batteries.....But Only the Venice and Dynamic barely fit eachother. Why go through the trouble of making them all just the slightest bit different? At that rate they could've saved themselves mountains of money keeping them the same and making it drastically more simple for us."

I like this one a lot, but it's not my phone. So I need to switch to ZVD or DanteROM. Until I can get back in recovery it only boots with charger plugged in and shuts right back down. Standard button combo for recovery then becomes useless.

"edit" Ally battery fits, but will pop out without being held in place and reads as no battery.....

"edit" Ally didn't charge the Optimus S battery either. Also cannot get ADB to interact either. So I cannot get their phone to turn back on at all....Yes my charger works. Yes the Phone charges. Yes the battery still has good health.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Well after letting the phone go through a reboot cycle it got stuck on the bootabination for a while. I figured it was charging so I left it there. Sure enough it finally charged some. Flashed to Dante. Hopefully after some future work this ROM IS Even better and charges zvj.

chucklay

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so would anyone be able to point me in the direction of the best ROM/Kernel/other things to flash out there? Also, a guide on how to install Kernel stuff would be awesome, if someone could point me in the right direction there. Also, In terms of the data drops/3G disconnects, what would be the best way to avoid those? I've heard some speculation that it's due to 2SD scripts, but I'm not sure. I've used the EXT wipe tool that someone posted earlier.

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so would anyone be able to point me in the direction of the best ROM/Kernel/other things to flash out there? Also, a guide on how to install Kernel stuff would be awesome, if someone could point me in the right direction there. Also, In terms of the data drops/3G disconnects, what would be the best way to avoid those? I've heard some speculation that it's due to 2SD scripts, but I'm not sure. I've used the EXT wipe tool that someone posted earlier.

1. If you don't mind the slightly annoying bug in which your battery pct level doesn't change while charging or discharging unless you let your phone go to sleep, turn your screen off and then on...I suggest the 4/14 build of PAC (somehwere in this thread) and the latest Test 80 of bigsupersquid's 3.0.8 kernel. The battery drain is about the same with the original 2.6 kernel that is packaged with the ROM. However, the memory management is far much better and no random reboots (I am on 768/600 Interactive)! Data drops typically will not happen with this kernel as opposed to the one pre-packaged (hell the 3.0.8 kernel hooks on faster after a drop or made/answered call), but where I live, Sprint is in its 3rd and final stage of Network Vision deployment...

2. How to install the 3.0.8 kernel? It is in the Optimus V thread and comes with a pair of keyswaps in case you have the OptiS. But the short of it is:
a. download the Test 80 kernel, put it in root of your SD card (sure you know how to transfer things from your computer to sd card, yes?). For PAC, there's a ramdisk patch for it otherwise you get bootloop, download that to and get it on your sd card.
b. reboot into your recovery.
c. it is: pre-flash wipe (system, data, cache), wipe dalvik as well too. then flash PAC 4.14 BUILD. Then flash Gapps. Then flash the Pac ramdisk patch. Then wipe cache and dalvik. Then flash the 3.0.8 TEST 80 kernel. Then boot.
d. After a reboot or two, you can flash the FIXED cronmod int2ext script. Obijohn's will bootloop the whole setup. However, after flashing, you'll need to reboot twice. Once for the script to boot...and again to refresh the data connection. Seems to bork it on the first reboot after flashing. Second reboot fixes it.

classpro

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a hard time following this long threat (tried reading all the way through, but a lot of different stuff is going on), and am wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. I'm using Quattramus ICS, and I'd really like to install a functional JB rom on my optimus v. Is there a thread for installing one of these roms on the OV, and which one of the various versions is most stable at this point? Thanks.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards