[ROM]Superclean 2.8!! *UPDATED*

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for posting this. I just started flashing Roms today and you guys make it crazy easy. After one failed attempt with CWM she was up and running!

Fist time around it just said (bad) I don't know what I did wrong. The second go round it was smooth sailing. Would it be that I didn't flash CWM with Rom manager the first time? Anyway thanks again!

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, nuance is pretty ingrained into the OS. This is closer to .9 than JT's .4.

If you would like a Nuance apackage, I may be able to to arrange it. Just let me know, thanks.

jonapga

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
is it normal not to have a splash screen? I installed the DL09 odin package with the rom radio and kernel, I saw the splash screen when it booted. I then flash clockworkmod and rooted the phone, I wasn't paying attention when the phone booted then but after I flashed the super clean rom on this thread and when it booted I had no splash screen. everything else seems to work the same, did I do anything wrong?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Some Roms do that. Like when I flashed to DJ05. .. Some times this will happen with incompatible kernels but you are most likely fine

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, nuance is pretty ingrained into the OS. This is closer to .9 than JT's .4.

If you would like a Nuance apackage, I may be able to to arrange it. Just let me know, thanks.

That would be awesome if you could. When the D1 got froyo, I was happy to have voice commands finally. Was pleasantly surprised when the SF had it included as well. I had hooped it would be a matter of adding an apk or 2 but really don't know what you have to do. I wish I could do some of this stuff ;)

Thanks alot.

abowlofsoda

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I still couldnt get Swype to work. I went and got the apk from XDA via the link on the first page of this thread.

It said couldn't install. I tried moving it into system/apps and still no luck.

I'll give it another shot in a few.

jwebste9

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I actually just tried that and it works now! But thanks for the help. :cool: How is StupidFast working out?

Been fine so far other than little glitch when sms comes in and your on a call and phone is on vibrate the ringtone goes off in your ear, dont know if that is kernel related, chompsms related, or dl09. Battery life seems normal, it is first kernel i have used other than stock so not sure how to grade it

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I still couldnt get Swype to work. I went and got the apk from XDA via the link on the first page of this thread.

did you change permissions? the move method worked like a champ for me.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site

make sure you mount as r/w in root explorer. I actually had trouble moving it over using root explorer so I used super manager instead and it worked.

abowlofsoda

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
make sure you mount as r/w in root explorer. I actually had trouble moving it over using root explorer so I used super manager instead and it worked.

Oh I didn't mean I had trouble moving the file.. I meant once moved to system/app that I still don't have swype even after rebooting.

Wondering if I have to clear defaults on the keyboard thats already in there?

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Oh I didn't mean I had trouble moving the file.. I meant once moved to system/app that I still don't have swype even after rebooting.

Wondering if I have to clear defaults on the keyboard thats already in there?

does swype even show up as a keyboard when you go to select one? did you also double check that the swype.apk is in the system/app folder?

That package is meant to be installed via Clockwork, if memory serves (regarding swype).

the instructions on the link you gave us said to copy the apk to the system/app directory after you delete swype.apk and the libswypecore.so from system/lib

abowlofsoda

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
It should have dawned on me to flash it in Clockwork in the first place but I was trying to go by the instructions on the XDA post.

Anyhow I got it working and it was just a matter of going into Settings > Language & keyboard and switching Input Method. I had to google how to change keyboard because I've never even tried before.

Now thats working I got to find something else to break or install! Whats the fun of a fully functioning phone!

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Adrynalyne's manual move method instructions work fine if you remember to also change permissions, which he forgot to mention (prolly cuz it goes without saying :) ).

at least it worked for me. but he did set up the zip file for CW flashing.

gotta love options! (and devs like Adrynalyne! Thanks dude for all that you do!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.