Software upgrade available now!

Ground Beef

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I just got the phone today and I did get the ota update, but Google wallet is not working for me. Any suggestions?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

darwaypen

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
After the OTA Update i get an error when trying to update my PRL or my profile, its says "vDM client has unexpectedly stopped". Anyone know what this is and what functionality i may have lost?

icenija

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I see that in my wallet i only have the CITI card and the $10 gift card. How do I add more cards to this? I go into my wallet online and find my other cards there.

You can't add other cards yet but you can use your debit or credit card to add money to the prepaid card.

Ice

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Voice action not working correctly after update.

Normally, I would hit the voice button and speak," send text to Tom". Then it would put the name Tom in the To: box. Now it puts "To Tom" in the message body and leaves the To: box blank...

I use it all the time and today it will not work correctly. I tried it over 100 times.
Try switching to This or this
The update completely factory reset my device.
That sucks...Did your data come back? (The backup option in settings?). I'm just hoping that you didn't have too much stuff on there, and that it doesn't happen to anyone else....
It killed Nova launcher.... maybe I will give Sense a fresh try...
The update killed Nova?
Where you can use Google Wallet; Google Wallet - where it works
Nice find. Thanks.

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
How do I do an update? Sorry new to android? Is it through sprint, htc, google?
Do I need to use the sync cable? Thanks

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Typically Root + OTA = Problems. You should not take OTAs when you are rooted. You have two choices:

--Wait for a rooted version over at XDA to flash (should be within the day) or
--RUU back to original software, then accept the OTA, then root

Of course with the former, you have to wait....The problem with the later is that you loose all your settings (but you get the bonus of a 'fresh' install, which may cure some issues if you've had them) and have to reinstall your apps. If you already have the red ! , you need to go that second route. Hope that helps you, or anyone else in a similar situation.

Same situation. I would RUU back, except I'm worried that I'll brick my NFC secure element, as some have reported when flashing without erase/clearing google wallet. Problem is, that without the update, I can't get into Wallet to clear the settings!

Any suggestions?

Cherenkov

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
@HnLA:

"The device automatically updates its software using over-the-air (OTA) updates. When new software is available, the device displays a prompt asking you to update the device.
To manually check for updates:

From the Home screen, tap All apps.
Tap Settings.
Tap About.
Tap Software updates.
Tap Check now."

htc's pretty good with guides and helpful tips on their products. Worth taking a look around their site.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
How do I do an update? Sorry new to android? Is it through sprint, htc, google?
Do I need to use the sync cable? Thanks

Go into settings, scroll to bottom of list, system update , click htc software update. Make sure your battery is charged 75% or higher.

sent from EVO4GLTE

dyphx

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I too was rooted before upgrading. I un-rooted by opening the SuperSU app, and selecting the option to unroot. I upgraded without any issues, and Google wallet appears to work, though I haven't actually tried to use it at a store.

Same situation. I would RUU back, except I'm worried that I'll brick my NFC secure element, as some have reported when flashing without erase/clearing google wallet. Problem is, that without the update, I can't get into Wallet to clear the settings!

Any suggestions?

anon780899

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I too was rooted before upgrading. I un-rooted by opening the SuperSU app, and selecting the option to unroot. I upgraded without any issues, and Google wallet appears to work, though I haven't actually tried to use it at a store.

Were you able to root back? Has anyone successfully gone back to an older RUU after this OTA update?

dyphx

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Were you able to root back? Has anyone successfully gone back to an older RUU after this OTA update?

I have not tried to root my phone again. I don't really have a need to except perhaps to tether. I'm sure at some point I'll want to try other roms, especially JB. But, I'm happy for now :)

mkozak

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I have not tried to root my phone again. I don't really have a need to except perhaps to tether. I'm sure at some point I'll want to try other roms, especially JB. But, I'm happy for now :)
Just a heads up. FoxFi was working fine for tethering before the update so that should take care of your occasional tethering needs. That's the reason I have felt no need to root mine. I haven't checked post update but I'll keep my fingers crossed that it still works.

chuckuykendall

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
OK I give...I still don't see the OTA update, so I'm thinking it might be a regional thing. Anyone in the DFW area get this update?

--Beamed from my EVO 4G LTE to your face via Tapatalk 2.--

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
OK I give...I still don't see the OTA update, so I'm thinking it might be a regional thing. Anyone in the DFW area get this update?

Have u tried manually going to system updates and clicked on HTC software update, its not the firmware update. If that isn't the case then that's just wierd

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone noticed an increase in battery drain since the update? I have, and I haven't done anything different.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

chuckuykendall

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Have u tried manually going to system updates and clicked on HTC software update, its not the firmware update. If that isn't the case then that's just wierd

I have done that, rather fanatically. I'd be embarrassed if anyone saw me obsessing over it like I have been. I swear I'm going to wear that part of my screen out...:D

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz