Software upgrade available now!

Sopharus

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone noticed an increase in battery drain since the update? I have, and I haven't done anything different.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

If you updated to the new PRL when that came out at the same time as the update, it turns your LTE antenna back on. Might be worth checking to see if that's the source of your drain.

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
If you updated to the new PRL when that came out at the same time as the update, it turns your LTE antenna back on. Might be worth checking to see if that's the source of your drain.

I didn't update the prl until after I posted, but thank you for reminding me of that!

bigdaddybx2

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
so has anyone got this to root? I had to reinstall the firmware then updated my phone but now i can not root it..... anyone know of a way or am i SOL?

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
so has anyone got this to root? I had to reinstall the firmware then updated my phone but now i can not root it..... anyone know of a way or am i SOL?

One of the basic rules of Root Club is never accept an OTA until the dev community determines that the OTA did not break current root methods or until a new root method is found. As of right now, there is not a tried-and-true root method for the new update. There are a few methods over at XDA if you're the adventurous type, but I would say they are not ready for mass-consumption.

ollieg

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
This is sweet! I've had two 'patches' this week. I don't know what the earlier one was. It was a suggestion from the 611 diagnostic. Whenit was done, my voicemails came to my phone again. But the reason it seemed like a 'patch' was because email started showing SELECT checkmarks! Boy what apainemail management had been w/out that feature!

And now this. A real patch. My 3G speeds are reasonable... It's like the phone is new all over again!

slickdeel

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Any one have problems with Clock after installing the update? I wanted to change my alarms...clicked on the clock ..and getting excpetion....cant even adjust them...

Exception report log says java.lang.nullpointerexception

any other way to adjust the alarms?

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I didn't update the prl until after I posted, but thank you for reminding me of that!

People say that having it on drains your battery but I've tried back n fourth multipule times and have not noticed even the slightest bit difference in battery life with it on or not

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Guy from SU

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I thought this update was supposed to fix the wifi disconnect issues. Unfortunately it's still happening. Hey Sprint and HTC... get it right!

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Wow I was on mobile and took maybe 5. U have bad reception in your area?

You must have LTE... Yes I have a snail's speed with Sprint and no offense to the snail family...:beer::D

4257578a-1b5d-c18d.jpg

sent from EVO4GLTE

Last edited:

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't think that the bars have anything to do with the 3g data as I have four bars to five at my house and I have 1500 kbs steady but when I go to the gym in a diff area, I get only 20 kbs with three bars, its weird

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz